Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Сhаrging оvеr night?

Discussion in 'Vape Talk' started by Jack Benoit, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Jack Benoit

Jack Benoit Member

Device:
    iTaste MVP 2.0 iClear 30
    Juice:
    Snake oil from Seduce Juice, pear/coconut/cream
    Hеllо аll,

I rесеntly gоt thе Kаngеr Subоx Mini kit (АWЕSОMЕ dеviсе, lоvе it) with 2 "Еfеst IMR18650 3.7V 3000mАh high drаin rесhаrgеаblе bаttеriеs" (Disсhаrgе сurrеnt 35А).

I just wоndеrеd if I саn lеаvе it оn сhаrgе оvеr night withоut dаmаging thе dеviсе оr thе bаttеry? If sо, is it оkаy tо dо sо viа USB tо my PС оr USB tо thе wаll plug I gоt with it?

I hеаrd thе Subоx Mini hаs prоtесtiоn tо stоp аnything bаd hаppеning but I just thоught I'd аsk оn hеrе bеfоrе I dо sо.

Аll thе bеst,

2. Okaviator

Okaviator Member

Device:
    Joyetech
    Juice:
    Lemon
    I've had the same question in the past, but a website helped me confirm that it won't damage anything. The battery will stop charging as soon as it has hit its limit.

3. AcuraIntegurl

AcuraIntegurl New Member

Device:
    BT-
    Juice:
    Cherry
    This! Agreed, many people think it'll damage the batteries but they're programmed in a way that it won't consume more energy after it hits 100. So worry not, OP. It's still good to take it out as soon as it's full. Just so, you know, you don't waste electricity.

4. ejorman1010

ejorman1010 Member

Device:
    Tesla
    Juice:
    Johnson Creek
    I've had the same question for any device that requires a battery. I've never really gotten a clear answer, but I've had my smartphones and laptops plugged in overnight with no issues. I'm more careful with vape batteries and try not to keep them plugged in for extended amount of time.

5. ejorman1010

ejorman1010 Member

Device:
    Tesla
    Juice:
    Johnson Creek
    That sounds about right. I'm just wondering if vape batteries are "smart" enough to work this way. I would imagine batteries in smartphones and laptops are designed to be "smart" and cut off the juice when it is fully charged. I'm not entirely sure batters for vapes would work this way as well.

6. FenWoFon

FenWoFon Member

Device:
    VaporFI Rebel
    Juice:
    Pineapple
    I don't normally do that because the battery of it lasts long enough. I just do it when I forgot to charge it all day or if I'm going on a trip or whatever. I wouldn't recommend charging it over night because it may fuck up the batterty on the long-term.

7. genevb

genevb Member

Device:
    VaporFI Rebel II
    Juice:
    Apple
    Usually batteries should stop charging on their own, at least the newest ones do so, otherwise they would simply inflate and explode because of the heat accumulated within. Anyway I had not heard about someone who got his battery burnt, device broken, or anything like that for letting it charge over the whole night, probably the only way you would get damage to the device would be if you are incredibly unlucky and your house, current cable or something like that gets hit by lighting and it overloads, however in that case the device would be your last worry, as the other electronics which are connected to current would also get burnt.