Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Еlесtrоniс Сigаrеttеs аnd Vарing:Why is thе mеdiа sо аgаinst еlесtrоniс сigаrеttеs аnd vареs?

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by Jack Benoit, Mar 16, 2016.

1. moneyman

moneyman New Member

Device:
    eleaf TC 100W
    Juice:
    Cola
    Big topacco corporations have some huge money and they are able to control politic decisions and media. It is known fact that e-cigarettes won't harm anyone but topacco companies keep paying media so that they won't publish any articles in advantage of e-cigarettes and vaping.

2. missvape

missvape Active Member

Device:
    Pen Type
    Juice:
    Milk Man
    Media is media, they overhype things... That's the reality. Whether vaping is a better alternative, it doesn't really matter to them. What matters to them is getting controversial issues hyped up and creating viral stories. In a way, overhyping things can be good. Like with this one local documentary show, they featured former smokers who have lost their voices due to chain smoking. These former smokers contracted cancer in the vocal chords and that's why they have to have theirs removed. They have to breathe through a hole in their throats and they talk like robots with help of a device. It's not overhyping per se, but it's the reality. However, news documentaries are known to be a bit biased sometimes.

With electronic cigarettes, I would like to point out that it's new and not a lot of studies have been done in this area. And anything that's new, the media tends to be wary of. Now, from where I am, electronic cigarettes aren't really downgraded by media... Yet. But I do know that if ever, they would find cases of people who have had bad experiences with vaping. It's okay though as long as they feature people who have successfully quit cigarettes through vaping. If any bad situation happens with regards to vaping, the media would be the first to get into that scoop, that's for sure.