Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Аnybоdy knоw аnything аbоut jоulеs/tеmp соntrоl?

Discussion in 'Vape Modding and Technical' started by Jack Benoit, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Jack Benoit

Jack Benoit Member

Device:
    iTaste MVP 2.0 iClear 30
    Juice:
    Snake oil from Seduce Juice, pear/coconut/cream
    Аnybоdy knоw аnything аbоut jоulеs/tеmp соntrоl?

I just piсkеd up а sigеlеi 150 tс аbоut а wееk аgо аnd I hаvеn't rеаlly usеd thе jоulеs sеtting muсh bесаusе I'm unаwаrе оf а соuplе things. Sо bаsiсаlly I hаvе аn аrсtiс tаnk with а .2 оhm соil (30-100w) аnd I just wаnnа knоw whаt's thе highеst tеmp аnd jоulеs thаt it соuld tаkе аnd whаt's а gооd sеtting if I typiсаlly firе it аnywhеrе frоm 60-80w??

2. elatedmist

elatedmist Member

Device:
    Ranger SUBVOD
    Juice:
    Chocolate, Orange Crush
    Do you know Ohm's law? Basically, the potential difference between two points is equivalent to the product between conductor's (coil ohms) resistance and current flowing.(V=I.R) the "active" power or watts can be obtained by W=V.I. Now the temperature incraese is related to Joules phenomenon's manifestation across the coil, that basically is the heat generated by the frantic collition among billions and billions of electrons. Therefore, in theory, as you increase the current across the coil, the more energy is dissipated in form of heat, of course, those current increases are very discreet, Current is very dangerous even below 1 amp that can be translated as a hefty load of electrons flowing.

Anyway, you can do the math, obtain Voltage and current with watts and coil's resistance. But the temperature I think you have to measure it. but even like that, is difficult to maintain constant the temperature.