Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Str8V8ping STR8TEK VV Bottomfeeder

Discussion in 'Vape Mod Talk' started by TheWhiteRose, Apr 19, 2015.

1. TheWhiteRose

TheWhiteRose Guest

This is my beast of my Ecig mods . I call it the STR8TEK VV . It has almost everything you could ask for . 6A VV Stacked 18650 solid and good looking Bottom feeder . Im in LOVE with this one .

Features/Parts:

4"x2"x1" custom case painted and overlaid with Carbon fiber - Inside the case is reinforced with heavy duty copper clad which doubles as PCB's to make connections throughout the case . Its shorter than a provari (very slightly taller than a reo because of the drip well) , same thickness as the reo and 1/2" wider than a reo .
    -TI PTR08100 6A VV chip with 2 100uf 16v tantalum smd caps (3.7-6v)
    - Etched PCB for the 08100 componants
    - PTC fuse
    - Expensive 16.00 NKK LP01 illuminated custom Push button (optioned out!).This switch is no joke . By far the smoothest best feeling switch my fingers have ever touched . Well worth the money .Id pay double . Not even close to the feel of your ordanry switches which is what makes the high price .IMO the best switch on the planet.I know going overboard but well worth a paragraph of compliments
    - Polished brass drip well with stainless feed post
    - Phillips Lumiled 70 ma Red LEDs for bottle illumination
    - Custom made cover that goes over the circuitry to give a finished look inside the case .
    -Clip on front cover with squonk hole .
    -2 18650 batts
    -6ml bottle . The bottle fits so good it actually clips in so no flapping around when shaking it .

All in all this mod looks awesome and functions like no other . The button actually makes me giggle with pleasure every time i push it . I dont think it could have came out any better . No guys i wont sell this one so dont ask .I would trade it for a GGTS .I will keep this one forever i think . I may sell my Reo now though . Although its a plastic case this mod feels just as solid as the REO grand since its reinforced with copper clad . Its not much bigger than a Reo grand either and fits in my hand perfectly . The 18650's is also a nice upgrade from my Bugatti mod

VIdeo posted below of this wonderful button and mod . I went a little overboard with pics too . Sorry for all the enthusiasm lol . I just love this thing .

Str8V8ping's STR8TEK VV 6A Bottomfeeding mod - YouTube

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

One think thats not in the pics is the tick marks for voltages around the pot. I made the tick after taking the pics so voltage changing is simple . Btw the camera throws off the LED color a bit .The LEDs are sharp red in real life .

As usual , leave some feedback . Happy to hear what you think :)

2. GeekGirl

GeekGirl Guest

Damn, you make some clean mods:) I am very envious of your creations, excellent job!

3. TruscottX

TruscottX Guest

Where is the video of you giggling with pleasure every time you push it? :funnyteasing1: LOL

4. Jericho

Jericho Guest

Very Nice...

HoPe backs away from proposed modding competition....

5. ilovemrkite

ilovemrkite Guest

wowOwow! niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice job!!!

6. Very nice work

7. KG_BOSTON

KG_BOSTON Guest

Damn that is hot!!!!

8. shamz

shamz Guest

Thanks guys . Iv been vaping on this for a few days and it by far blows away my reo and provari is functionality and performance . For some reason it feeds better then my Reo too . I work in electronics and have used tons of different push switches in my time and nothing comes even remotly close to the quality and feel of this button . Its like butter . Its sooo soft but also really solid .

Heres some info on the switch
    Short Body Pushbutton Switches
    Illuminated/Nonilluminated
    Environmentally friendly components and packaging materials meet RoHS Directive restricting use of hazardous materials. Suited for lead-free soldering because of heat resistant resin materials.

Smooth, slightly concave surface of cap designed to fit fingertip. Unique design and construction of cap prevents its removal and limits tampering.

Bright LED illumination in choice of red, green, or amber through translucent white cap.

Short body of .551" (14.0mm) conserves behind-panel space.

Combination solder lug and .110" quick connect terminals are epoxy sealed to lock out flux, dust, solvents, and other contaminants.

Crisp actuation and clear circuit status provided by snap action contact mechanism. Arc barrier between movable contacts protects against crossover.

[​IMG]

9. bac_

bac_ Guest

Are you making your drip wells or purchasing them? If you're buying them, may I ask from where?

10. josef

josef Guest

WOW! That is Awesome! I've never been tempted to trade a GG till now. Would you want a GG feed system as well or just a full GGTS?

11. Unabomber

Unabomber Guest

It is bought but doesnt come like it is now . It is modified (Cut down on top as well as on the bottle nipple and then polished out to a mirror shine . It was a 1/2" Pex fitting . Same fitting used on the Reo Woodvills .

Thanks :) A feed system with it would be insane :) Maybe just a full GGTS . I got like 20 offers since yesterday . Im kinda debating if id even trade it although i have always liked the GGTS .Definitely my fav mod right now . The first mod iv been using more than my Provari .

12. gloriousgabe

gloriousgabe Guest

JUST AWESOME [​IMG]

13. CurtisB

CurtisB Guest

Thats very clean,nice work. I would vape that.

14. Gayman

Gayman Guest

Thanks . I dont think you will want to vape it though . Plastic,copper,brass etc is not approved by the FDA for inhalation . You may just want to vape off of it instead :)

15. mypinkdino

mypinkdino Guest

Happy and sad day lol . I no longer have my str8tek :( It has a new owner now . But i did get another Provari and a chrome Infinity for it :) I really didnt want to give her up since i love her so much . The person wanted my Str8tek instead of my reo though and i couldnt pass up a good deal . Now i gotta build me a new str8tek .

16. jlt_

jlt_ Guest

or two or twenty perhaps ??? it sounds like there are ALOT of possible customers out here in nu-vaporland :)

17. adrianr

adrianr Guest

I still think my Bugatti is better looking. :D

[​IMG]

18. feelingalone

feelingalone Guest

I love both of them . The button on the str8tek is what makes me love it a bit more though and the 18650's but i do love the style of the Bugatti and small size. The Bugatti is like the REO on steroids . Im glad you love your serial number 01 Bugatti airborne and nice to see you here . I really love that picture of the bugatti . There may be a serial number 02 Bugatti coming but after that it will be impossible to build another exact one. That case it originated from was discontinued by the manufacturer so theres no getting another .

Btw i still have the Str8tek . I ended up not trading it and trading just my SLiver . The Str8tek is hard to let go of as was the Bugatti .

19. Very nice indeed.

I always wonder why someone would deal with the size and weight of 18650s then use some measly 1600mAh cells.

20. Kawaii

Kawaii Guest

Glad to hear you kept the Str8tek. I have some of those switches coming. Just a couple more parts due in and I can start on my first mod. Now to come up for a name for it.