Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Provape RADIUS Upgrade Version 20

Discussion in 'Vape Talk' started by vanejorg, Oct 11, 2015.

1. vanejorg

vanejorg New Member

Thought i'd just throw it out there for all Provape Radius owners.
    Radius Version 20 - This update fixes a bug that was introduced in the previous version where sleep mode was not working. Sleep mode conserves battery energy when the device is not being used.
    Hope the link works below.
    cheers,
    Al :very_drunk:
    ProVari Software Upgrades

Now, time for a quick coffee, and it's back to the shed !!!
    [​IMG]

2. ces1958@verizon.net

[email protected] New Member

Brilliant, thanks :)

3. Jaisioliply

Jaisioliply New Member

Hi akef38, notice you have a subtank on your radius. How does this combo work for you?

I have been thinking about replacing my ego one ct with a radius or p3, currently use evic vtc mini and the ego one. Evic mainly with fruit flavours and lung hits on 0.5ohm coil or 0.2ohm Ti coil.

But i do MTL vape with non fruit flavours like custards, sweet desserts etc (morning coffee). Up to 1.2ohms... would I be wasting my $$ on this, main reason would be for longer lasting battery, consistent vape and flavour

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

4. dog-lover

dog-lover New Member

Hey gate 7, If your looking for a good MTL setup with drop in coils you can't really go past the Provari Radius and a Kabuki tank (P3 threaded) I picked up this combo in late November ans so far it has surprised the hell out of me.

I was initially skeptical because I had owned a House of Hybrids Carto Tank that was supposed to do all kinds of magical things to a carto - and didn't quite live up to the hype. I bought an Aspire Nautilus and just wasn't impressed with the build quality (threaded glass kind of freaked me out a bit because I'm a klutz) but the flavor was great in the cotton BVC heads.

The Kabuki uses the same BVC heads as well as the Triton heads and produces a magnificent vape IMO they seem to have improved the airflow on them. It's become my go to tank when I can't be bothered or am too lazy to re-wick or rebuild my other atty's. They are exxy though and people have reported that they have had trouble with the glass on them breaking / cracking (although I haven't had this problem yet) so I guess that something to take into account when deciding what to get.

As far as the P3 / Radius decision goes I guess it comes down to what you need it to do the Radius isn't just a form factor change with a P3 board slapped inside it has had a bit of a horsepower upgrade and that will drive subohm tanks up to 40 Watts. From memory the P3 only is able to produce 20 Watts and can only fire down to 0.5 ohm tanks with the latest firmware (you have to send it to a dealer and have them do the upgrade).

In the end both are rock solid devices the P3 like the other tube form factor Provari's that came before it have a proven track record as being near indestructible. The Radius seems to be a solidly built device (Provape don't make garbage and that is reflected in the price) and the poly-carbonate body seems to be pretty damn solid so far - then again I suppose they build weapon and aircraft parts out of the stuff so it should be able top take a fair amount of use & abuse.

5. siobhan

siobhan New Member

Great thanks for all the info, good to read that comparison. Might just bite the bullet and grab one as i enjoy my ego one ct but battery life is just too short

6. xadal

xadal New Member

I have been using the subtank from day 1 with my Radius. It's my stay home setup (most of the time) and also my after dinner vape. I'm vaping Custardfrom VE with the subtank with a 1.2 ohm coil with 95 % VG @ 18-22 watts . The coils last a month,i also MTL, the flavour is incredible and just lovin it. I am at a stage where i can't be bothered anymore making coils and getting dry hits and changing cotton etc etc.(must be gettin old !! ) That's why all my tanks are subtanks. (except for the innokin Apex isub Tanks i have on my 2.5 provaris ;) ).
    Jus' makin my life a little more easy and enjoying my vaping.
    cheers,
    Al :very_drunk::very_drunk:

7. Jaybetime

Jaybetime New Member

Exactly what i was looking for! Thanks, i also use high vg. Thanks so much for clarifying this, the frappe looks good too ☺

8. almdeminv

almdeminv New Member

The vtc mini looks like it just crapped itself... so next question any recommendations for local vendor for these?

9. Hasin M

Hasin M New Member

if you put in your location, we might know how local is local. lol
    I know VE has them in stock, but any good vendor will look after you..
    Al :very_drunk:

10. Meganne M

Meganne M New Member

Sorry im in Sydney