Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Is it possible to make your own juice?

Discussion in 'Vape DIY Juice / Recipes / Mixing' started by Vaivata, Feb 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Vaivata

Vaivata New Member

Device:
    Shopping around
    Juice:
    Shopping around
    I understand that you can mix up pre-made juices, but I was wondering if it was possible to make up your own. For instance, if you were to brew up a cup of chamomile tea, would you be able to use your decoction? If you can, would you have to add anything else to it to make it stable or can you use the tea straight? I'm sorry if this is a silly question. I'm still new to all of this, and probably quite a ways away from making anything of my own, but I'm just planning ahead.

2. Anthony King

Anthony King New Member

Device:
    Sigeli 150W, Arctic tank
    Juice:
    Crunchberry from MtBakerVapor
    Well, you CAN. A lot of people do. But you need to know what you are doing. You have to be very careful when you mix. Too much nicotine in your homebrew juice will make you very sick. Even getting highly concentrated nicotine on your skin can be very dangerous. It's something I've considered doing myself, but again, caution is the name of the game.

3. Ladyferoz

Ladyferoz Member

Device:
    Vape Master
    Juice:
    Mango Lassi
    Yes, you can. There are many resources out there that you can learn from. There are also "recipe books" available!
    Just make sure it does not end up being more expensive than buying the juice unless you prefer your own personalized recipes and please do not forget that nicotine can be dangerous if it is not handled properly.
    There are also apps you can download that will help you to use the right quantities should you go that route. Good luck!

4. Chris_A

Chris_A Member

Device:
    Aspyre
    Juice:
    Custom
    I would not recommend creating your own juice from scratch. Especially if you new to this. Nicotine, highly concentrated, is very dangerous. Stick to the premade amounts and juices to mix until you are sure you know what you are doing.

VirtualBusyBee likes this.
  5. AboveTheSmoke

AboveTheSmoke Active Member

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    Seconded to strongly don't recommend. I have a friend that's been brewin' his brews for over 2 years and he still kind of sucks sometimes. He has invested a ton into it, some of them are incredible but some of them still come out bad. It's a gamble, moreso when youre just starting

RobPonders likes this.
  6. Vaivata

Vaivata New Member

Device:
    Shopping around
    Juice:
    Shopping around
    Excellent information. If... if I attempt it, it will definitely be quite a while before I do. And maybe I'll just avoid adding nicotine altogether for that particular project. Hahaha!

7. Acheno84

Acheno84 Member

Device:
    Ego pen
    Juice:
    Blueberry
    I have personally never made my own, but I have coworkers who do this and have had success, however, from what I'm told it's a lot of chemistry and measuring. They generally stick to buying it from a shop since it doesn't really save much from what I've heard. Guess it mostly depends on whether you can get the ingredients relatively cheap. Let us know how it goes!

8. oportosanto

oportosanto Member

Device:
    Vape Pen Endeavor
    Juice:
    Churrios
    I agree that it's not recommended because making our own juice implies some knowledge and we might simply mess it all up. Like you say @Acheno84, there's a lot of chemistry and measuring involved, so how to they manage to do it?

9. Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands Member

Device:
    e-cig
    Juice:
    Strawberry
    Of course you can, but I know that I would never risk it because of the risk to health if you get it wrong, and also because of the risk to your equipment, as you don't want to break something that you spent so much money on. I don't think that liquid is all that expensive now that vaping is more mainstream, and if you're only a light user you can get away with not spending very much money on it at all, so I would always stick to the fluid that you're supposed to use - at least you know that's what you need!

10. oportosanto

oportosanto Member

Device:
    Vape Pen Endeavor
    Juice:
    Churrios
    Pretty much what you say right there @Gemma Rowlands, I would never replace myself to those doing the juices professionally because I might mess it up and endanger my health or my equipment.

11. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    I have just started vaping so I wouldn't risk doing it right now but I plan on doing so when I get the hang of it.
    There are a lot of people that sell their own mixes online.

12. oportosanto

oportosanto Member

Device:
    Vape Pen Endeavor
    Juice:
    Churrios
    That's how I see it too @Stopcigarettes, I am a consumer and not exactly a producer. To be honest I am not very interested in learning how to make juice, unless it could be a business opportunity.

13. Personablue

Personablue Member

Device:
    PC
    Juice:
    Orange
    It is quite risky if you have no knowledge about the mixing before hand. It can downright taste horrible or worse can affect your body in an adverse way. You can try but it is not recommended, stay with the existing juices. Though there are various tutorials on the net, if you are really eager.

14. oportosanto

oportosanto Member

Device:
    Vape Pen Endeavor
    Juice:
    Churrios
    There are quite a few things that can go wrong sure. From the taste to the quality, considering the existing prices for the juices I don't think its justifiable that we do them ourselves.

15. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    I've only been vaping myself for a couple of months so making my own juices hasn't really appealed to me yet, and to be honest I'm not that sure it will in the future either.

When you look at the effort it probably takes, plus the equipment you need, I think I'll just keep buying. I know that some people will fancy making their own but I think that will be more because they are inquisitive about how it's done rather than doing it just to save money.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  16. untitled

untitled Member

Device:
    Evic VTC Mini
    Juice:
    VG
    I would suggest you never do this, you are not minimizing your risk of any diseases you might contract by doing this.

As a rule, never be the first to try ANYTHING.

17. oportosanto

oportosanto Member

Device:
    Vape Pen Endeavor
    Juice:
    Churrios
    lol, it doesn't mean that we cannot do it ourselves or that we are the first to do it. I am guessing that if we use google we will find plenty of options, I just think it's not worth it.

18. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    Oh I've no doubt that there will be thousands of videos on YouTube telling us the best way to do this, and if there isn't then I'm sure there will be soon!

As vaping gets more and more popular, I'm sure we will find all new tricks, and things to do with our new found hobby. Some of them will be more safe than others though!

19. untitled

untitled Member

Device:
    Evic VTC Mini
    Juice:
    VG
    Quickly googling "vaping chamomile tea" shows that you are correct, perhaps if you extract the flavour from some obscure fruit and vape it you might be the first.

I was just saying, with this new technology of vaping, it's better to stay on the side of caution because the research both long-term and short-term is just not there yet.

oportosanto likes this.
  20. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    There is the safety aspect people need to consider aswell, and it's not just about picking to things you like, mixing them together and voila! You've got a new juice, it's a lot more serious than that.

For one thing you don't know what that will do to your body when you inhale it for a start, and at least the shop bought ones will have been through some sort of testing.