Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

FlavourArt Mandarin is very strong

Discussion in 'Vape DIY Juice / Recipes / Mixing' started by EEndy, Jul 30, 2015.

1. EEndy

EEndy New Member

Mandarin is quite potent.

2% Mandarin
    5% Peach

Even at a third of the amount of Peach, the Mandarin will completely overpower other flavours.

This mix is still nice. Very fresh and refreshing (especially when EM is added (1ml 10% per 10mL mix). But the mandarin simply blurs the fruit flavours, and it's basically just a citrusy mixed vape now. I was hoping that it would act as a back citrus note and support the Peach as the forefront. But the mandarin instead became the forefront flavour.

2. emergency

emergency New Member

All part of mixing flavours. :)

The trick is to start low and work your way up. Even then, you can still have a dominant flavour as you have found.

Try dropping it to a quarter, i.e. 0.5%.

3. Lumupleempomb

Lumupleempomb New Member

Yeh, 0.5% seems about the right amount.

Hard to calculate 0.5%. Will have to make up a diluted sample, or just add two drops per 10mL which should make it ~0.66%

Thanks

edit : I mean "measure 0.5%". My measurig cylinder has 0.2mL increments. For accuracy, I'll make up a diluted mandarin solution. Make a 5% solution (1ml in 19), then add 1mL to the main mix.

4. flerymn

flerymn New Member

A 1mL syringe will solve your problem. 0.5% of ten mL is 0.5mL which is easily measured using a 1mL syringe.

Another alternative, although less accurate, would be 2 drops of flavouring in the ten mL. PG based concentrates, specifically Flavour Art concentrates, tend to come out with 37-42 drops per mL with a standard bottle. (I tested about 5 of my FA bottles for the fun of it and to see if there was consistency. :))

5. suerte2013

suerte2013 New Member

I use pipettes for mixing its just so much more accurate. In a 5ml amount .5 would be 1 drop of a pipette not a baby dropper or a drop from a regular 5,10,30ml bottle

6. Xentus2012

Xentus2012 New Member

Provided you're using a calibrated pipette!

7. billy18

billy18 New Member

HNa its not one of those lab ones. Just disposable ones but for flavours they work but not for vg pg or nicotine as it's more dense. You could measure it out if you wanted to but I just use a syringe for those.