Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Five murdered youth in Mexico confused for cartel members

Discussion in 'Non Vape Related News' started by news, Mar 2, 2016.

1. news

news Active Member

MEXICO CITY Five young Mexicans killed last month by gang members with ties to local police were murdered after being mistaken for a rival cartel, a top security official said Tuesday, another possible case of corrupt law enforcement in league with organized crime.

The individuals were killed in a particularly violent zone of Veracruz state known as Tierra Blanca, their remains dumped into a local river, deputy interior minister Roberto Campa said in an interview with broadcaster Televisa.

"(The five young people) were burnt and then afterwards their remains were pulverized, certainly at a sugar mill, and they were then dumped into a small river," said Campa.

He said the confession from a state police officer provided confirmation of the killings.

A total of eight police officers have been arrested in the case, but investigators are still searching for six suspects believed to be members of the New Generation Jalisco cartel.

Veracruz is home to various turf battles among rival cartels, including the hyper-violent Zetas.

More than 100,000 people have been killed in Mexico's drug war over the last decade as rival gangs fight over territory and smuggling routes to the United States.

(Reporting by Liz Diaz; Editing by Michael Perry)

[​IMG]

Our latest photos from the crucial primary date. Slideshow

[​IMG]

Ever thought you could win the presidency? Download Now

[​IMG]
    The Most Influential Scientific Minds
    Using citation analysis to identify authors whose papers wield outsized influence

[​IMG]

2. artyarson

artyarson Member

Device:
    e-cigarette
    Juice:
    cherry
    That's absolutely no good to hear.

3. AcuraIntegurl

AcuraIntegurl New Member

Device:
    BT-
    Juice:
    Cherry
    Oh, I've heard about this! What an horrible and tragic event. I can't imagine the pain the family of all those teenagers must still be going through.

4. Liyah

Liyah New Member

Device:
    V2 Pro Series 3
    Juice:
    Cool Menthol
    And these are some of the reasons why I am absolutely terrified to go anywhere near the mexican border. I don't even think people vacation there anymore. Well, I'm sure they still though and I send them my blessings! I am just such a scaredy cat and all you see in the media about Mexico is negative.