Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Changing Coils - How Often Do You?

Discussion in 'Vape Tank Talk' started by Mojo11, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Mojo11

Mojo11 New Member

Device:
    kbox with atlantis 2.0
    Juice:
    custard types
    I have tried all sorts of different brands of tanks, and did not like most of them. The one I have currently used the longest and still like is the Atlantis 2.0. I am just curious how often you guys change your coils? I want to know about any tank brand. I find myself not changing quickly enough, usually because I don't want to take the time. Do you change it after a set amount of time, or only as it seems to be needed? Thank you!

2. missvape

missvape Active Member

Device:
    Pen Type
    Juice:
    Milk Man
    I usually replace my coils every two to four weeks. Personally, I'm not much of a heavy vaper now. Back when I was new to vaping and was quitting cigarettes, I do vape a lot more and as a result, I had to replace my coils as early as two weeks or even earlier. In reality, it does depend on how frequent the owner is vaping and when he or she does need to replace the coil. Right now, I don't vape like that anymore so I can get by as long as four weeks.

I usually keep an extra coil and e-juice in my possession though just so I won't run out of any. I recommend everyone else to do this as well.

GamerLady likes this.
  3. GamerLady

GamerLady Member

Device:
    Kanger Subox Mini, Tesla Two Submod
    Juice:
    I have to agree with missvape here, it really depends on how frequent you vape. It also depends on you... Some folks change their coils whenever the flavor is slightly muted, others wait until the coil pretty much stops working, and others tend to find a happy medium between those extremes. My happy medium on my Tesla Vortek is 2-4 weeks, depending on how much I vape and how dark the juices that I'm vaping are.

On my Kanger Subtank mini, I build my coils. I find myself cleaning the coil and replacing the wick at least once every other week because I like to switch up flavors and I use that tank for really dark juices. Sometimes I fiddle with it once a week because I just want to fiddle with it.

missvape likes this.
  4. FenWoFon

FenWoFon Member

Device:
    VaporFI Rebel
    Juice:
    Pineapple
    Well, I personally use my vaper for relaxing after school or whilst studying hard therefore I change/replace my coils monthly because of the limited use I give to it, many friends of mine change them every two weeks or so, they use it a lot compared to me, I am kinda relaxed with it.

5. ZXD22

ZXD22 Member

Device:
    Joyetech Ego One
    Juice:
    Atmos watermelon
    I usually change my coils every 3 weeks maybe? I rarely use my device so I don't really have to change it weekly or even every 2 weeks. Just 3 to 4 weeks is fine with me and it works like a dream as well!

johanrobert likes this.
  6. puneeth8994

puneeth8994 Member

Device:
    E-cigarettes
    Juice:
    chiku
    Entirely depends on the frequency with which you use. I usually replace them once every 2 weeks, that's usually sufficient for me.

7. Lynk

Lynk Member

Device:
    Aspire Nautilis
    Juice:
    Mt. Baker Vapor Pineapple Peach
    Every 2 to 3 weeks for me. I have an Aspire tanks, and generally when the coil goes, it just goes suddenly. It will work fine and then BOOM not at all. I agree completely, it depends on how often you use your vape, and also if you let it get too warm in a vaping session, it seems harder on the coils too.

8. elatedmist

elatedmist Member

Device:
    Ranger SUBVOD
    Juice:
    Chocolate, Orange Crush
    As soon as I am beginning to taste a dry, burnt, overall dull flavour. I estimate every month, as I don't vape every day, only two or four times a week when I'm feeling to.

9. johanrobert

johanrobert New Member

Device:
    EVic AIO
    Juice:
    Venus Space Jam