Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

100 mg nic - am I diluing correctly?

Discussion in 'Vape DIY Juice / Recipes / Mixing' started by AlisonVazquez, Dec 13, 2015.

1. AlisonVazquez

AlisonVazquez New Member

Hi. Just wanted to check, run it past you all. I got a delivery of 100 mg nic from OS. Have been dabbling with mixing juice the last 2 days.

I have used the nic juice ( 100mg/ ml) at a ratio of 1:9 aiming for 10 mg final strength. Is that correct? I ask be.comse I have found the final product pretty harsh on the throat. Have I made it too strong by mistake. Or maybe used too much flavouring?

2. xxgetbzz

xxgetbzz New Member

What size bottles are u mixing? Say you're mixing in a 10ml bottle you would put 1ml of your 100mg in, that will give u 10mg, if you're mixing in a 30 ml bottle you'd put in 3ml to get 10mg so on and so forth.. working out 10 mg is about the easiest to do but there are calculators to help try the ejuicemeup app

3. Kyle :]

Kyle :] New Member

If your making 10ml of juice 1.9ml of your 100mg nic is giving you a mix of 19mg of nic. So it is double what your trying to achieve, mix your nic at 1ml for a 10ml juice.
    Download this eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator and you will get on the right track.

4. Tuginpups

Tuginpups New Member

what wayno said. also nic from different suppliers can often 'taste' different or have different 'characteristics'. sometimes you may need to set your mixed liquid aside a day or 2 before vaping to let it all settle etc.

also if trying in a dripper vs a clearo, you will find the dripper stronger in most aspects. may want to turn the nic down a couple of notches for dripping (I had to as well)

5. ?????? ????????????

?????? ???????????? New Member

What they said.

Also, make sure you mix it thoroughly.

6. perak

perak New Member

what she said ^

7. akluis

akluis New Member

Thanks all. Sounds like I was on the right track. I did 1 mi to a 10 ml bottle and 3 ml to a 30 ml bottle. Must need to tone down the whole mix.

8. prnldr

prnldr New Member

Yeah, you're doing it right.
    maybe get a nic test kit to find out if the nic is 100mg, or it could just be harsh nic juice that isn't so pleasant in flavour.

9. ATSpace

ATSpace New Member

LimeB, which brand of concentrate are you using and how much did you use? The nicotine is correct as you described in your OP, but it doesn't give the whole picture. If you tell us what you used of each component, we might be able to give you more of a clue about what might be making it harsh.

10. endotly

endotly New Member

It could be harsh due to the higher PG mix? I'd say you could either add in VG (which will lower the nic content and PG mix) or add in PG (which lowers only nic content) and see if there's a difference.

11. masterschaf

masterschaf New Member

It is the my freedom smokes nic. 1 ml, The other ingredients added to make it up to 10 ml were mostly Hangsen zero nic juices I had sitting ( Apple, vanilla and mango) here. Roughly 1/3 of each. I did try adding vape wizard 3 drops . That may have been it? Suppose I won;t know until I trey making some more. Don't have enough 30ml bottles to mix though.
    I shall try someones recipe ( exactly) and see if it is the nic., or just the Hangsen juices maybe, or the vape wizard.

12. Accoday

Accoday New Member

Good advice thanks. Will do this. Some has arrived not long ago.

13. ?????? ???????????

?????? ??????????? New Member

But yea if it's too harsh on the throat like a burning sensation it'll most likely be due to the high nicotine content. If you're changing devices, e.g. from clearomisers to RBA to RDA, you'll probably notice that you won't be able to vape as high of nicotine content on a RDA compared to a clearomiser.

14. appalavar

appalavar New Member

Yes, it is my first foray into RDA's the last week or so too, so there is another variable.

15. cromangon

cromangon New Member

I would say it's the RDA then. I radidly dropped from 12mg to 4mg after switching from a clearomiser (aerotank) to a magma. But do play around and experiment :)

16. ZT_O

ZT_O New Member

So, where do I find a nic testing kit??

17. Bryce T

Bryce T New Member