Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Zmax ... Updated to love

Discussion in 'Vape Mod Talk' started by Pipe, May 20, 2015.

1. Pipe

Pipe Guest

So I reaaallllyyyyyy liked my Vmax. Used it at work and at home as a most of the time dripping mod.

Then the Zmax arrived today :) and I fell in love!

[​IMG]

Beautiful mod (I think it is sexy)

Great hit, strong yet doesn't burn throat.

It feels really good in the hand.

Loving to be able to switch between power and voltage.

Stiffer button then the Vmax, one of the best changes in my opinion. The Vmax would fire when it would roll onto its side and hit the button, or if you freaking tapped it in anyway.

All setting reset to default lowest voltage(3Volts)/power(5Watts) when changing batteries.... Or if you drop it on the ground hard enough to jar the batteries. I know had or for less then 3 hours and have dropped on ground twice.

Feels very sturdy, more so then Vmax.

Menus are similar to Vmax so not a lot of adjustment needed to those who have a Vmax already.

Only thing I am not wild about is the side venting. You can see the batteries threw them which throughs off the beautiful finish and design. Personally I would rather have the end blow off then burn the shit out of my hand, but that is just my opinion..... Everyones got one, doesn't make it the right or wrong one.

OVER ALL ..... AWESOME MOD!

If you own a Vmax it may or may not be worth it to you to get the Zmax. I am a mod whore :) so was for me... and it was an early birthday gift so didn't actually have to pay for it.

If you don't have one and are debating this style of VV mod I would recommend the Zmax over the Vmax.

Using Joyetech 510 atomizer SR
    AWIMR18650 2000 mAh
    And.... Boba's Bounty (thank's for the addiction Keith)
    Set at 3.8 volts

I'll update with battery life and accident resistance after I use it for a few days.

2. aprils

aprils Guest

i've been debating one. i have a provari mini right now, and although i do really like it, i regret not getting the provari just for the 18650 battery life. after reading several of the zmax reviews, i'll probably end up going with the zmax rather than the full size provari cuz of the price difference. interesting, i notice on the ecf classies that there have been several provaris/minis, but not any zmax. that seems to be a good gauge of the quality of a device, also. doncha think?

3. Yumi

Yumi Guest

I know the provaris has been in production for a good long while now, where as Zmax is pretty new, which would explain the low avaliblity used. I use the classie availability as a gauge too when looking at Mods, but in this case doesn't apply as much :) I haven't tried a provari but this is the best I owed in this price range with VV. Would defiantly recommend. :)

4. Kenya

Kenya Guest

I was seriously considering a Provari last week and over coffee Sunday morning saw a vendor's "special" for the Z Max. On impulse i jumped and orderd it. It arrived in the mail yesterday afternoon. Installed a fleshly charged AW IMR18650 and set out the directions to run it through the menu options. 1/2 of them didn't function properly or incompletely. Sadly it's going back today.

5. Well, I'm convinced. Put the Black/Green Provari Mini up for sale and ordered a Zmax from ElectronicStix. $115 with an 8% discount and Priority shipping.

6. girlnextdoor

girlnextdoor Guest

:( That blows!

Hopefully you get a perfectly working one super quick.

My VV Reo Grand showed up broken last Friday :( was super bumbed! They shipped out a replacement same day they got it back so happy with service :)

7. ths

ths Guest

Got mine today. Epic. The quality of vape is as good as I got with a Darwin (though you do have to back it down a bit. I'm vaping at 8W and it's easily a 10W vape.). Nice looking device, too. Hopefully it'll hold up.

8. Thanks for that, JC...still mulling it over and seeing how others are feeling about this one!!!!

9. Francis:

Francis: Guest

I'm interested too. Watching the threads.............

10. mooncalf

mooncalf Guest

LOL @ "Installed a fleshly charged AW IMR18650"

Wow, human sacrifice is some hardcore vaping man.... :bow:

11. Still going strong and I have dropped this bad boy a few times. No issues so far, just loving it more as time goes on :) battery life is decent as well.

12. Another update

I had said the Zmax reset the voltage/watts setting to default when changing batteries. Now most of the time it keeps my settings when I change them. Although sometimes it still resets... Don't know why. As a general rule it saves your settings.

Chaos are you having it reset sometimes? Just curious....

Also, I am a chronic over dripper and I love the nice deep juice well. However, if you gesture a lot and don't stay on top of cleaning out the juice you will splash it everywhere. If it takes a fall when standing on the desk it will get on your papers. I keep a paper towel on hand to dip in and sop up the juice. Just a head up :)

Still loving it :) :) :)

13. ClareB

ClareB Guest

Just a thought on the battery showing through the vents. Electrical tape can be purchased in several different colors to wrap the batteries or maybe nail polish?