Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Would you permit your children to vape?

Discussion in 'Vape Talk' started by Hedonologist, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Hedonologist

Hedonologist Member

Device:
    PC
    Juice:
    n/a
    Personally I would not, because it is still a product that can lead to nicotine addiction.

I know some parents are quite tolerant of this, but personally I would not be. Would you be OK if your children vaped?

2. artyarson

artyarson Member

Device:
    e-cigarette
    Juice:
    cherry
    Well, first off I gotta become a parent. And I guess it would take me forever. It's not my thing. But to answer your question... I guess it depends on their age & physicality & overall health.

3. Mike Hannigan

Mike Hannigan Member

Device:
    T3S
    Juice:
    ViPS Mint Ice Tea
    If I were to have kids, I'd let them vape after they are 17. In my opinion, if they start vaping, they won't feel the need for smoking because vaping has a better overall taste and is cheaper.

4. AboveTheSmoke

AboveTheSmoke Active Member

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    I have this personal opinion that too much interference with what a child can/can't do, as in, I am the source of permission, ends up making them weak-minded and dependent. If there is nothing wrong with it, and they enjoy it, that is their choice. If I am responsible for it legally, then they are not permitted to risk my safety for their desires any more than I am. My only goal with my children will simply be to raise individuals capable of making their own choices, and I firmly believe the only way to do that is to teach them to think for themselves, understand natural consequences and let them be punished for their mistakes in ways that directly relate to those mistakes. It's how the brain works.

5. OkeyDokeySmokey

OkeyDokeySmokey New Member

Device:
    Vuse
    Juice:
    Cinnamon
    I would not allow my children to smoke or vape unless they were 18 and I really did not have any say in the matter. However, if I found out my child was smoking, I would most likely encourage her to vape instead because it is much safer. She's only 14 now and I am honestly praying she never takes up either like my son has.

6. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    I think a lot does depend on the age of the child, and there has to come a point when you let them make up their own minds about things.

If they're old enough to smoke, then they're old enough to vape, and therefore old enough to make their own minds up.

7. missvape

missvape Active Member

Device:
    Pen Type
    Juice:
    Milk Man
    Hmmm...this is such a tough question. Okay, here is my answer:

1. If my child is old enough to decide for himself, it is certainly his own choice.

2. If he is smoking already, I'd permit him to vape because it's definitely healthier and safer.

3. If my child wants to vape for the fun of it, I'd advice him to vape without nicotine.

jennyyili, Geeka and AboveTheSmoke like this.
  8. Taki

Taki New Member

Device:
    custom
    Juice:
    menthol or cherry
    Absolutely not. When they turn 18 and get out of my house....then they can think about doing stuff like that. Now, I would have to say no and back it up by whatever means necessary to ensure they knew I was serious.

Hedonologist likes this.
  9. AboveTheSmoke

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    Good stuff :) I hate parents that have this obsessive need to control their kids cuz I've been in the situation...does nothing, just leaves you without the information to make rational decisions for yourself and actually grow as a person

10. Ladyferoz

Ladyferoz Member

Device:
    Vape Master
    Juice:
    Mango Lassi
    Pretty much what you said. Except for numbere 2, I will not allow them to smoke while under my roof, I hope I raise them with enough respect for them to honor my rules. Smoking is unhealthy, and I would prefer that they do not pick up the habit. And for number 3, only if they are 18 years old.

11. VirtualBusyBee

VirtualBusyBee Member

Device:
    Fuchai
    Juice:
    Finleys 7
    If my child was 18 or over obviously I would not have issues with it. Like many have previously stated, if I found out that he was smoking, I would talk to him about converting to vaping. If he was not smoking prior, I would make the strong suggestion to vape using zero nicotine.

12. Hedonologist

Hedonologist Member

Device:
    PC
    Juice:
    n/a
    I did mean vaping with nicotine, as there is nothing wrong with 0% vaping at all. I think it's pretty clear that many teenagers can't make rational decisions for themselves. Of course education is good too, and would have to go with it, but at the end of the day if they can't make the right decision I would have to intervene.

13. SapnaTheBaller3

SapnaTheBaller3 Member

Device:
    ELeaf
    Juice:
    O.C
    I'd hope that they didn't because yes it does lead to nicotine addiction. Although it's not as bad health wise compared to many other things out there. So as a first go, no I would not want to to do it. Although if it was an alternate for nicotine as it helps many other people, than sure.

14. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    I'm not sure that vaping does lead on to people smoking actual cigarettes and I find that it's usually the other way round, and people use vaping as a way to stop smoking nicotine in the first place.

Either way though, I'm not sure I'd be keen on my children vaping but it's better than other things that they could be doing.

15. artyarson

artyarson Member

Device:
    e-cigarette
    Juice:
    cherry
    Totally agree. I would also suggest they make money themselves to buy and maintain their vaping thing. That stuff is for adults only, so if you want to use it you've gotta become one. It's not about waiting until you pass 18. It's about making money yourself. Then you would probably understand why being addicted to whatever is absolutely no good. So, everything comes with an experience.

16. AboveTheSmoke

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    Yeah, good point on the price of addiction thing. If someone could just count every energy drink I've ever paid for and refund it, I would magically have thousands of dollars at my disposal. It's kind of insane to think that an expensive addiction is like the complete opposite of a savings account, and yet people still criticize vaping over cigarettes when there's no way to compare the price

17. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    I think that the criticisms come mainly from those that have never smoked or had an addiction in the past, and its all too easy for them to sit there and judge what other people should and shouldn't be doing.

At the end of the day, we know ourselves that vaping is better than smoking on a lot of levels, and seeing as we're the ones doing it, that's all that matters.

18. AboveTheSmoke

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    Exactly. If you were to peel back the hood on everyone that criticized your habits, would there be -nothing- you could criticize about them in return? Probably not. They are just using the opportunity to be negative towards someone, sort of veiling the fact that they are imperfect people in the first place.

19. Hedonologist

Hedonologist Member

Device:
    PC
    Juice:
    n/a
    I would also be concerned that it would lead them onto cigarettes. Once they develop a nicotine addiction they may smoke on occasions when they have no juice or battery. Then they may start smoking more frequently.

20. kiesha

kiesha New Member

Device:
    vapor fi pro 2
    Juice:
    cherry cola
    No I would not support the decision to vape because as the original poster said it can still lead to nicotine addiction, although I think that I would rather have them vape then smoke regular cigarettes.