Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Woodgrain 510!

Discussion in 'Vape Mod Talk' started by photochick!, Apr 5, 2015.

1. photochick!

photochick! Guest

So every now and then I get the urge to have something in woodgrain just because it usually isn't available.
    Now to be 100% honest, this is in fact not made out of real wood or grains or whatever, and is simply (or not so simply) a vinyl adhesive overlay.
    Ebay 'wood grain vinyl' and you should find a square foot for about 6 bucks.
    Take the vinyl, a few razor blades, tweezers, scissors, and with lots of patience, you'll have a simulated woodgrain 510.
    One note, it isn't as bright off camera. The flash brings out hidden color in the vinyl and it is much darker without the light.

pics are attached somewhere in this post...?

2. That's pretty slick! hhaha Hell yea!

3. TyshaunR

TyshaunR Guest

Slick I like it!!!!

4. AARONBLACK

AARONBLACK Guest

Looking good! Even the button part turned out nice!

5. Very good job. That kinda rocks IMO.

6. amybeader

amybeader Guest

Hah, well thanks for all the compliments. Basically what happened was I tried to get a woodgrain that matched what came with my car, and this didn't.
    So, rather than waste it completely, this seems to have cured an ugly black battery and titatium atty.

If anyone attempts this, the button was real tricky. I messed up on my first try.
    What you should do is lay the vinyl show side down (sticky side facing you, non-sticky side facing the button) and then slice a hole shape close, but not exact, to that of the button.
    Then flip it around and adhere to the battery, and sort of push and cut at the same time to get it right. If anything, you'll just mess up one little piece and try again. It really comes out pretty good without much skill.

7. Very nifty! I would like to cover more of my batteries but finding adhesive vinyl in neat patterns has been tough. Maybe I haven't been looking hard enough! ;)