Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Wicking issues with 50/50

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by voyeur91, Aug 13, 2014.

1. voyeur91

voyeur91 New Member

Hi guys;

I've been using my RBAs (AGA-T5 and T7) for a few months now and loving it. But this week I got some new juices and decided to try a 50-50 blend rather than my usual 60-40. As soon as I started using this I started getting a lot of dry hits. To the point I have to block the air flow and suck some liquid in to get anything other than just pain in my throat after a couple of drags. I took one tank and filled it with one of my 60-40s and this seems to have gone away for the most part. Does that 10% increase in VG really make wicking that more difficult or are my builds more likely to be the issue?

1.5 or so dual/single coils for the respective attys; wicked with rayong generally firing around 11-13 watts.
    (and if it matters I went from a VE Study in apricot at 50-50 and replaced it with a JW Dels Ultimate Pipe 60-40 when I did that switch)

2. PeteTheELite

PeteTheELite New Member

I mix my 60 vg 40 pg thats the way I like it .

3. Irossen

Irossen New Member

it could be that you need to slightly change your build for the thicker juice. wick it a tiny bit looser to allow for wicking, but not loose enough that it floods. a very delicate balancing act.

4. makaking

makaking New Member

Exactly what kay67kay said!

Further, I have NEVER had a dry hit from a T5. Try some Koh Gen Do as your wick.

5. RawKella

RawKella New Member

I actually fiddled a little bit tonight. I rebuilt the T7 and noticed that the wick was actually pretty thin on the T7 build I had. I ususally do the wicks reasonably firm but in this case I think there was just too little wick in there.
    The T5 I rewicked and used cotton just to see. That worked just fine; I actually left the wick a little longer on that one (about same thickness I would say) and was working fine.

So guess I just happened to have made a couple of bad builds when I also switched to the 50-50s; kinda what I suspected since it was only a 10% change.