Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Why am i having headaches from vaping?

Discussion in 'Vape Talk' started by roger1003, Mar 18, 2016.

1. roger1003

roger1003 Member

Device:
    mini 60W Box Mod
    Juice:
    Pancake Man
    I am having some issues after I bought my vape yesterday. I was using it all night and It is giving me a bad headache. I don't know what's wrong and what's happening. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening or has anyone had a similar situation?

2. missvape

missvape Active Member

Device:
    Pen Type
    Juice:
    Milk Man
    These are all the possible causes of headaches when vaping:
    • PG allergy or sensitivity
    • Dehydration
    • Nicotine withdrawal
    • Reaction to the juice or flavour
    Have you tried drinking more water? It could just be that vaping has made you dehydrated. Try converting to a hundred percent VG as well. If that doesn't work, change the flavour that you're using to another one, or the juice.

3. Acheno84

Acheno84 Member

Device:
    Ego pen
    Juice:
    Blueberry
    I had the same thing happen. I believe it was due to the withdrawal of nicotine to be totally honest. I was smoking anywhere from half a pack to a whole pack a day, and then I converted to vaping, and 1 or 2 cigarettes a day. The hard thing is learning when to stop using it. Try setting a timer around the times that you usually would have a cigarette, and vape for the same amount of time that it would take you to smoke a cigarette. That helped me a lot. Also, drink lots and lots of water. You can get chronic dry mouth from vaping as well, so stay hydrated as often as possible :)

4. Jack Benoit

Jack Benoit Member

Device:
    iTaste MVP 2.0 iClear 30
    Juice:
    Snake oil from Seduce Juice, pear/coconut/cream
    Саn yоu plеаsе prоvidе а sоurсе fоr yоur сlаim?

I аm аlsо сuriоus аbоut hоw XX mg оf саffеinе tаkеn оrаlly соmpаrеs tо XX mg оf саffеinе аdministеrеd viа а vаpоrizеr. I wоuld imаginе, bаsеd оn оthеr drugs, thаt it wоuld bе signifiсаntly lеss аnd with а fаstеr оnsеt аnd hаlf-lifе.

5. roger1003

roger1003 Member

Device:
    mini 60W Box Mod
    Juice:
    Pancake Man
    Thank you so much for your help! I will follow your tips. I really appreciate that we have a good community of vapers here.

6. Hedonologist

Hedonologist Member

Device:
    PC
    Juice:
    n/a
    Probably the nicotine itself rather than the withdrawal, and most likely a too high dose. I had a very similar thing when using nicotine gum, so vaping should be no different really. I hope you manage to resolve it. Although when it stops that's probably a sign that you are developing tolerance.

7. cig93

cig93 Member

Device:
    various
    Juice:
    apollo
    First of all the dehydration and the nicotine the problem there.
    Try to drink a little bit more liquid and usual or try a lower nicotine level juice.

8. artyarson

artyarson Member

Device:
    e-cigarette
    Juice:
    cherry
    I guess, it's your nicotine addiction. I used to have this too. Every time I could not smoke for like 5 hours or more I started feeling so sick. Damn! Certainly not the best time of my life. However, there's nothing to do but acknowledge it as it is.

9. Personablue

Personablue Member

Device:
    PC
    Juice:
    Orange
    Unless your headache is severe, it shouldn't be much of a concern. Maybe you should decrease the concentration of nicotine, maybe you need some more sleep. There can be all sorts of reasons that may or may not be related to vaping.

10. Sirvapealot

Sirvapealot Member

Device:
    Flowermate Pro
    Juice:
    Gummy Bear
    You just might want to quit if you are reacting in that way. I don't think it's worth a constant headache. Either that or lay back a little on the puffs.

11. ejorman1010

ejorman1010 Member

Device:
    Tesla
    Juice:
    Johnson Creek
    You could be allergic to some ingredient in the juices. it could be a nicotine issue as well. Whether it's nicotine withdrawal if you are using 0% nicotine or you are using a nicotine juice with high nicotine content. I would start low with 3mg and see if that helps.

12. ejorman1010

ejorman1010 Member

Device:
    Tesla
    Juice:
    Johnson Creek
    This seems like the mostly likely case. A lot of beginner vapers don't realize how much nicotine is adequate. I've nicotine juices with 20 mg. That is a ton of nicotine compared to cigarettes. I've found that 3mg is adequate for most people, even long time smokers.

13. oportosanto

oportosanto Member

Device:
    Vape Pen Endeavor
    Juice:
    Churrios
    To be honest I don't think a direct association between vaping a headaches makes much sense, most likely it's a second effect from quitting smoking.

14. Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands Member

Device:
    e-cig
    Juice:
    Strawberry
    Don't give up straight away - it's often trial and error to find a flavour and strength that suits you, and you might find that certain flavours can give you headaches more than others. You could also be withdrawing from nicotine if you have stopped smoking completely after a number of years, so this is also something that is very much worth thinking about at the moment. Try another flavour or lower the strength and see if that makes things any better for you.

15. Okaviator

Okaviator Member

Device:
    Joyetech
    Juice:
    Lemon
    You problem may be that you are allergic to a certain juice. Or you may be suffering from pure dehydration.

16. genevb

genevb Member

Device:
    VaporFI Rebel II
    Juice:
    Apple
    Most probably it is dehydration, the most common cause to headaches you have from smoking/vaping. In order to avoid that, he should make sure that he drinks a glass of water every time he use that vaper, also, consider switching to a resistance that gets you less vapors.

17. ZXD22

ZXD22 Member

Device:
    Joyetech Ego One
    Juice:
    Atmos watermelon
    Quite possibly due to the pressure of the vapor inside your mouth causing a reaction to your brain making it a little headache. Either that or you are being dehydration due to the loss of water in the mouth thanks to the vapors of the vape machine. Drink some more water!

18. FenWoFon

FenWoFon Member

Device:
    VaporFI Rebel
    Juice:
    Pineapple
    Well , I personally think that you should stop vaping since you're having some serious sympthoms that should not be placed aside, you should actually go to the doctor and drink more water, for real.

19. oportosanto

oportosanto Member

Device:
    Vape Pen Endeavor
    Juice:
    Churrios
    This makes sense. Have you noticed if the headaches appear after a particular juice or brand of juice?

20. AboveTheSmoke

AboveTheSmoke Active Member

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel

Spot on. I would say it's probably a combination of dehydration and withdrawal, headache from juice is a bit more rare and allergies are usually more apparent than a headache, but that could also be too much nicotine?

Idk man, see a doc, be ready to steer clear if you can't shake it