Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Who can smell the juice

Discussion in 'Vape Talk' started by Duckbrador, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Duckbrador

Duckbrador New Member

Device:
    Aspire
    Juice:
    Crystal eliquid - RY4
    I find that unless the flavor of the juice is very strong, the majority of people can't smell it. The only people who have told me they can smell it and the flavor they describe is fairly accurate, are smokers and ex-smokers. Non smokers don't seem to pick up on the smell of the vapor.

Has anybody else found this or is it just me?

2. divinemaredi

divinemaredi Member

Device:
    eGo-type
    Juice:
    PG
    Wow, that is actually an insightful question, and I would also like to know about it cause I haven't put that much thought in the matter so it seems interesting...

But I guess smokers and ex smokers are very good at picking up scent...And yeah, for me, the flavour has to be in generous amounts for me to smell anything!

3. ZXD22

ZXD22 Member

Device:
    Joyetech Ego One
    Juice:
    Atmos watermelon
    I have noticed this trend very well and you are correct. Smokers and ex smokers tend to notice a smell to these juices a lot more intuitively and better than non smokers. Not sure why but I guess expecting the smell of tobacco while vaping and getting this different, explainable scent just fills their nose and they can notice it.

4. ejorman1010

ejorman1010 Member

Device:
    Tesla
    Juice:
    Johnson Creek
    That's an interesting observation. I haven't really asked non-smokers if they smell it, so I'm not sure about non-smokers. A lot of ex-smokers and fellow vapers always comment on the juice flavor. Your observation may be accurate.

5. rajesh

rajesh Member

Device:
    MODs
    Juice:
    Gorilla Juice
    Yes, I agree with you. Most of the people are not able to smell it. I m a non-smoker and I can smell it. Nice to know that I am in your group who can smell the juices. Just like divemaredi said, I am perfect at picking up the scent. :D

6. Ladyferoz

Ladyferoz Member

Device:
    Vape Master
    Juice:
    Mango Lassi
    I know when my boyfriend has been vaping, I can smell the faint flavour in the air. The scent is quite faint so if we were outdoors, you would not be able to smell it. The most noticeable for me is Coca-cola and any mint flavours.

7. kirk Pacana

kirk Pacana New Member

Device:
    hammer, kamagung box mod
    Juice:
    Bliss, puff stuff
    I think everyone can, I have not encountered an e-juice or used one that did not caught the attention of people around me. Usually its a compliment or a question of what flavor I am using as it smells sweet or its a familiar smell for them. Cloud chasing in public though, that is a different story. I do not cloud chase anymore when there are a lot of people as it leaves a bad stigma on vapers.

8. epaultspm

epaultspm Member

Device:
    Aspire K3
    Juice:
    Green Apple
    I find that everyone I have asked about it can smell it if it's one of the stronger flavors like menthol, apple, watermelon, anything fruit really. Other than that non-smokers may be avoiding trying to smell it because it makes them uncomfortable.

9. missvape

missvape Active Member

Device:
    Pen Type
    Juice:
    Milk Man
    Hmmm... I would say some flavour's smell can linger on for hours and so some people, even nonsmokers can smell them. Flavours like tobacco and waffles linger on even though they do disappear after a while. For instance, if I vape a French Toast flavour or juice, my husband can smell it. Lol, he even thought one time that that was our breakfast. Haha!

Otherwise, some flavours don't even linger on for long. After I stop vaping, the smell is gone. With regards to people smelling it, it depends. Some of my friends can recognise the smell, others cannot. But yeah. with stronger flavours, people can actually smell them.

10. Okaviator

Okaviator Member

Device:
    Joyetech
    Juice:
    Lemon
    From what I have noticed, this is definitely true. When I recently started vaping it seemed like every single flavour lingered on forever. Now I'm used to the smell and I hardly notice it anymore.