Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

What's your parents' opinion on vaping?

Discussion in 'Vape Talk' started by artyarson, Feb 27, 2016.

1. artyarson

artyarson Member

Device:
    e-cigarette
    Juice:
    cherry
    I guess, this goes out to the much younger generation. However, even we, who's about to turn 30, still have parents, too.

What about me... mine do not approve the consumption of any kind of air but oxygen. They hated the cigarette smell and I've been slammed a thousand times. They do not approve vaping, either. However, sometimes they even praise me for making the house smell good :D

What about you, guys and girls?

2. missvape

missvape Active Member

Device:
    Pen Type
    Juice:
    Milk Man
    My parents are fine with me vaping rather than smoking. Although my dad was a previous smoker, he quit smoking cold turkey. My mom is not really a smoker, or a drinker, at all. I just cannot quit smoking cold turkey so I resorted to vaping. I'm glad that this worked out well for me and I was able to quit smoking in just a few weeks of vaping.

So my dad is okay with it, my mom not so much. My dad knows that cigarettes are truly addictive and he says that whatever helps me quit it, he's fine with it. But my mom thinks vapes can be quite dangerous as well. I explained to her that vaping is a hundred times safer than cigarettes. She understood it but she still has her reservations about vapes.

3. VirtualBusyBee

VirtualBusyBee Member

Device:
    Fuchai
    Juice:
    Finleys 7
    I was kind of worried what my mom would think about the fact that I was vaping, but to my surprise she was actually very interested in the whole concept. I had explained the whole process of vaping to her and she asked to try it and she LOVED it. She now wants me to find her a mod lol and this is the woman that it's totally against smoking. So I thought this was pretty cool. My dad has been an avid vaper for years now. Both my parents are very thrilled that I have quit smoking because of vaping...and SO AM I! ;)

4. Lynk

Lynk Member

Device:
    Aspire Nautilis
    Juice:
    Mt. Baker Vapor Pineapple Peach
    Awww my Dad smokes cigarettes. I would love to get him interested in it! I really worry for his health and I know he would feel so much better if he switched. He really doesn't want to hear me tell him this of course but I still try to talk to him about it now and then.

@VirtualBusyBee That is so awesome that you were able to help your mother understand! Congrats on your success!

5. VirtualBusyBee

VirtualBusyBee Member

Device:
    Fuchai
    Juice:
    Finleys 7
    @Lynk Aww thanks so much! As for your issue with your dad, maybe try to just have a heart to heart conversation with him. Tell him that you are well aware that he doesn't want to talk about it, but he is your dad and as his child you are concerned about his health. Tell you are not there to judge, you just want to give him the benefits of vaping. I wouldn't even bother going into the bad health effects of smoking, because I'm sure that he is already very well aware of it. I would just focus the conversation on vaping. I wish you the best of luck!

6. jesse93

jesse93 New Member

Device:
    eGo One
    Juice:
    anything sweet
    My parents still don't know. I started smoking when I was 14 and I'm 22 now. They never caught on that I smoked because I'd never do it at home, or if I was home I'd go for a walk. Then I switched to vaping so I can do it inside and not worry about the smell of smoke on my clothes. They still don't know. I mean I'm an adult so I can do what I want, I just don't want to disappoint them or make them worry.

7. AboveTheSmoke

AboveTheSmoke Active Member

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    my parents have a terrible opinion of basically everything I do, lol.

With that said, they don't seem to mind the vape so much as they use it to tell me why I'm not up to their standards. I've kind of left my parents behind because of similar issues, but hey, who cares :) Gotta cut off the people that try to control you as much as possible, imo.

8. artyarson

artyarson Member

Device:
    e-cigarette
    Juice:
    cherry
    Me too. Congratulations from the bottom of my heart! I felt the same way when I realized I don't wanna go out and purchase cigarettes. Damn, it was a victory.

9. artyarson

artyarson Member

Device:
    e-cigarette
    Juice:
    cherry
    Hah, that's very smart! Really. Congrats!

10. Mike Hannigan

Mike Hannigan Member

Device:
    T3S
    Juice:
    ViPS Mint Ice Tea
    My mom was a bit skeptical when I said that I want an e-cig. She was like "You'll only use it for a few weeks and then back to cigarettes with you!". While this was true, because my e-cig's battery died out and I didn't have the money to buy a new battery, as soon as I had money I replaced it and stopped smoking normal ciggaretes.

Dad didn't care.

11. RobPonders

RobPonders Member

Device:
    G Pen
    Juice:
    Switch it up
    They hate it. But then again chewing gum to them is a "dirty little habit."
    They are very anti-smoke in all its form.
    A little bit frustrating, but hey to each his own right?

12. OkeyDokeySmokey

OkeyDokeySmokey New Member

Device:
    Vuse
    Juice:
    Cinnamon
    When I first tried using an e-cig a few years ago, my mother claimed she could still smell the "smoke." I tried to explain to her that it was vapor and not smoke so that was literally impossible. She even said well I can see smoke when you use it. Needless to say, she did not comprehend vaping in the least. She even told me that i was going to have to use "that thing" outside like I did when I went out to smoke regular cigarettes. So, I started using it in my bedroom with my door closed when I figured out that if she did not see me using it, she also did not smell the "smoke."

13. SapnaTheBaller3

SapnaTheBaller3 Member

Device:
    ELeaf
    Juice:
    O.C
    My parents don't really care. I'm pretty lucky to have chilled back parents that understand certain circumstances.

Had a friend whose parents had a problem with vaping. Just explained to them it was better than smoking and all was set.

14. karmelyn

karmelyn New Member

Device:
    hp 17 touchscreen laptop
    Juice:
    don't have one yet
    Well, my mother doesn't think anything should be smoked, unless it's meat LOL, my mom is so lovely!!!

15. artyarson

artyarson Member

Device:
    e-cigarette
    Juice:
    cherry
    Absolutely! I would probably avoid vaping in front of my non-supportive parents. Just to avoid the unnecessary arguing, you know.

RobPonders likes this.
  16. artyarson

artyarson Member

Device:
    e-cigarette
    Juice:
    cherry
    Haha, your mom is good, yeah!

17. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    I'm not sure of this question applies to me, considering I'm 38 I'm a little too old to care what my parents think!

If I was a parent though while I wouldn't be over the moon about my child vaping, I'd rather them do that than smoke cigarettes. Depending on how old they are of course.

18. Vaivata

Vaivata New Member

Device:
    Shopping around
    Juice:
    Shopping around
    My mother is actually fairly liberal about these things - she stands by the whole, "well, it's your body," thing. She did hate that I started smoking, but never really gave me a hard time. However, she's pretty excited that I'm trying to quit, and has even asked if she could try a "puff" when I finally decide on an e-cig.

missvape likes this.
  19. missvape

missvape Active Member

Device:
    Pen Type
    Juice:
    Milk Man
    Your mom is pretty cool, my mom is more traditional and conservative, lol. I could never have my mom try vaping. She won't even taste beer or wine herself, haha! I wish my mom is as liberated and cool as your mom. But yeah, I love her despite her flaws and all that especially since she accepted my flaws as well.:)

20. RobPonders

RobPonders Member

Device:
    G Pen
    Juice:
    Switch it up
    Exactly, that is how I play it.
    Pops and I enjoy a cold beer now and again too. I go to visit we refrain from any drinking while mom's around just for her sake.
    We'll take a trip out to a local pub for some father-son time with a cold frosting one.
    I find it often better with family just to avoid getting into any sort of confrontation.