Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Whats the difference between a reg 18650 and a IMR 18650 High Drain

Discussion in 'Vape Mod Talk' started by valerie.flames, Apr 7, 2015.

1. I just ordered some more 306 LR attys and after purchasing my 3rd order I barely read that an IMR battery is best suited for these atomizers. After looking on the site to see what type of battery, it said IMR 18650 High Drain 1400mah. I been using my 18650 2600mah that I bought for my Omega and they work fine. Anyone have any suggestions on what the difference and performance are?

2. I am sure some1 will be happy to type a more scientific mambo jumbo.. but..
    Highdrains have a higher discharge rate. Aka that can supply the proper current to the atty.
    Scientifically it makes sense why you should use a highdrain. Will you notice a difference between using a Highdrain and a reg batt in 18650 size.. I dont :)
    But best way for you to find out is to get one of each and see for your self :) While here, I would like to recommend the AW brand. They are the best available.

3. ilverrsyu

ilverrsyu Guest

Cool thanks Miti, ill get one out didn't know if it was gonna Fuck up my normal batt after time of use.

4. jennyt

jennyt Guest

With 18650 size batteries it's kind of a moot point because a std Li-ion will deliver the proper amps to a LR atty or carto
    where they shine is in the smaller batteries
    You also need to monitor (V meter) High drains more, be careful not to over discharge them. Theres no protection circuit in them to prevent this.

This was clipped from another forum: LR atty 1.5ohm
    where LiMN versus Li-Ion matters is in smaller batteries like a 14500 or a 16340
    given the same atty on a 14500 size battery you'd have the same amp draw... 2.47A
    now an ultrafire 900mAh 14500 battery is capable of delivering 1.3A
    an AW 750mAh 14500 battery capable of 1.5A
    and an AW 600mAh LiMN high drain 14500 is capable of 5.2A
    so there the high drain is the only one that can meet the Amp draw... the other 2 you'll have voltage sag and overstressed battery which will lead to the battery decreasing in capacity and cycle life over time...

5. In a less scientific way than Cape, I would like to add this. With 18650's the IMR gives you a longer period of that "fresh off the charger" vape. Your over all vape time between charges will be reduced because the IMR's have a lower MAH rating. If you preffer the way your PV vapes best with batts that are straight off the charger, look into IMR's. As far as smaller sized batts, always go IMR.