Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

What wattage do you vape at?

Discussion in 'Vape Mod Talk' started by wabene, Jul 21, 2015.

1. wabene

wabene New Member

After seeing 150w+ mods, I've been curious if any but a few go over 30w.

I use 4 to 5watts on 34g kanthal. 9watts with dripper

5 to 8watts on 0.3x0.1mm ribbon.

I always use vv mode because it's smoother

2. jopriek6o

jopriek6o New Member

Around 8 ish watts on both my carto tanks and PT2 (homewound coils). I don't even push my Vamos anywhere near their limits. *shrug*

3. lolwot333

lolwot333 New Member

40 on a fresh battery. just finished my 50 watt mod and haven't pushed it yet

4. sulpher

sulpher New Member

I vary between 8-10 W rarely above unless I'm running dual coils on the fogger, then maybe up to 10.5. I don't really understand the attraction of hugely high wattage mods, they would chew the battery life, and if there's one thing I really , really , really hate, its burnt wick and juice. I vape pretty high vg, (slight intolerance to pg), so get plenty of clouds, so can't see the point of quad coils and high watts, except maybe as a bit of fun on a boring afternoon :)

One thing I think about is vaping flavours at high watts, I don't think this is a good idea, but thats just me, if I was going to go all sub ohm and high watts, I'd save it for flavourless, and no nic , just mostly vg with a bit of pg to thin it out slightly :)

5. muijrmqssd

muijrmqssd New Member

I recently used an RBA with a .8 ohm coil at 12 watts (the highest I've ever gone) and the flavour was much more complex but I have six different atties going at the moment with different flavours, nic strength and resistance, including spinners which seem to work well with some atties, depending on my mood. I just fiddle until I find the right spot - keeps me entertained and not interested in tobacco.

6. TedMorse

TedMorse New Member

lol, and thats the whole point :) whatever keeps you happy and off the stinkies :) I love my RBA's and have found my sweet spot at about 1.3-1.6 ohms, this is where I've found my juice tastes the best, and no dry hits, or burnt juice.

7. Kev

Kev New Member

I prefer mostly 1.8 coils and stay at 8watts, works for me, vaping is just an alternative to smoking for me, nothing more :) but I'm enjoying dabbling in DIY .

8. christiannv2

christiannv2 New Member

I feel like the only person that uses 3.2ohm coils. That's on 34g 2.5mm 5 turns. Ribbon .3x.1 gets the same for 2.2ohms.

Seems flavour for me is better on low power and thin wire. Next will be 0.4mm x 0.05mm for 3ohms with 5 turns on 2.5mm.

9. hoseluv

hoseluv New Member

The Kick-2 under the KF is set at 8 watts. Run the carto tanks at 4.4v, and the A7s are on mechanicals with 2 ohm coils in them.

10. Danny

Danny New Member

any where from 8 to 40 ..with .3 to 1.8 builds..just depends on what i am after

vape or cloud chasing

11. chillinfree

chillinfree New Member

I've recently dropped my nic level from 6mg to 4mg and found that upping the wattage from about 10w to 11-12w compensates nicely.

12. Mike A

Mike A New Member

I have my Hanna on 15w as it gives a much nicer taste on most of the juices I use.
    The EPM is at 14w same reason.
    Only use 0.5 x 0.1 ribbon wire with cotton wick @ 1.2 to 1.5 ohms.
    Hey we are all different :)

13. Prieday

Prieday New Member

That's what I find as well Sean, the higher the watts the more satisfying the vape is but only if I need it. I normally stay between 12-15 watts during the day but occasionally enjoy 30-40 watts in the evening using a good RDA with low nic juice. Somtimes when I think I'm missing cigarettes I use tobacco flavors at higher wattage and the warmer vape works every time.
    I only use these higher settings for short periods. I can vape 12mg at 12 watts all day long but if i turn the power up to 30 watts and use a dripper I'm satisfied within minutes.

14. TheBeatle24

TheBeatle24 New Member

I currently vape at 8 watts, however in the future I plan to vape at 1.21 jigawatts!

[video=youtube_share;I5cYgRnfFDA]http://youtu.be/I5cYgRnfFDA[/video]

15. xboxers

xboxers New Member

You seem to be linking to HeavenGifts quite a lot. Are you affiliated with them?

16. MISHEL79

MISHEL79 New Member

What I wonder is how come when I first started vaping everyone talked about voltage and what voltage we vape at, and now it's all about wattage and no one mentions voltage anymore? What's that about then?

17. zentella

zentella New Member

the dna20/30 revolution where everything is watts

i vape at around 4 volts, which is generally about 40 watts with my favoured coils

18. Roanytit

Roanytit New Member

I am going to throw this out there and put my self up for a verbal whoopin. I vape between 6 and 8 watts at a 2.0 ohm coil on my Kayfun.

19. Watermelon Nerd~ ~MYNATF

Watermelon Nerd~ ~MYNATF New Member

Each to their own man

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

20. peach3435

peach3435 New Member

I get shit for it all the time LOL