Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

What rate do batts lose chanrge at while stored?

Discussion in 'Vape Modding and Technical' started by jelePlem, Aug 26, 2015.

1. jelePlem

jelePlem New Member

Hiya fellow fog fiends!

I'm putting together an emergency vaping kit for the car in case I suffer technical malfunctions while out, or (more likely) forget to pick up my PV when leaving.

This has me wondering how rapidly batts in the kit are likely to drop their charge while not in use?

At this point I'm tossing up whether to just chuck a couple of Joye batts, an attie or two and some juice in, or whether to use a couple of Ego batts.

I have a lighter/USB adaptor but obviously that's only going to be useful if I'm actually in the car or driving for long enough to get a charge into something.

Any thoughts?

2. sexy1

sexy1 New Member

Hey Slothy, bad news for keeping in car gloveboxes i'm afraid. Lithium batts (which all of these are) hate temperature and being full, the ideal charge for long term is 40%. The ideal temp is around 0 degrees for storage and around 20c for usage.

Basically on a 100% charge look at 10%-20% total loss over new per year in a glovebox with the temp staying under 50c add more temp and reduce it somewhat perhaps 30-40% with a slight risk of explosions.......

you can reduce the temps by keeping it in mylar or similar insulated packaging (foil lined stuff)

If you are keeping your car insurance up to date it shouldn't be a problem.

The chances are small but worth driving home a lot.

3. Dave

Dave New Member

Looking at azzaj post, best to store them in the wifes car, during heatwaves

4. bayva

bayva New Member

Even better, store 'em in the ex's car! *evil wee grin*

5. Speermepe

Speermepe New Member

I just repaired 2 eGo batts that have not seen any use for about 6 months, both seemed to have a normal sort of charge for a 650 after that time. I used one for almost a day with a 306 before it started flashing at me.