Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

What isn't sold enough?

Discussion in 'Vape Talk' started by AboveTheSmoke, Mar 5, 2016.

1. AboveTheSmoke

AboveTheSmoke Active Member

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    Is there anything you wish would be sold more often or made more available? Like, is there anything that doesn't exist yet but you really wish was there? I have some friends trying to get into the vaping business, they have the startup money but they have no idea what people are trying to find that isn't already out there. These are good dudes that put in work, exactly the type of people you'd want to succeed.

Thoughts?

2. missvape

missvape Active Member

Device:
    Pen Type
    Juice:
    Milk Man
    Hmmm... Here are my suggestions:

1. Handmade mods. You know, say what you want and we'll make it for you. That's definitely going to make people like me want to buy from them since it's your own personalised vape.

2. More girly designs. Since I'm a girl, if they cannot make handmade mods, maybe just mods or vapes specifically designed for girls like me.

3. Probably free samples for online e-juices? Hmmm... I remember that I can order free samples for makeup or cosmetics, I have yet to find sites for juices that allow that.

:)

VirtualBusyBee and pwarbi like this.
  3. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    Free samples are something that I definitely agree with and I think that's going to be something that more and more businesses start to do.

When you look at the amount of different flavours available now, the only way that people are going to try something new is if they are given an incentive to.

4. Personablue

Personablue Member

Device:
    PC
    Juice:
    Orange
    I too agree on the free samples part. Many don't know what is e-smoking. If vendors/businessman want to welcome people and expand their reach they should really try distributing free samples and even conduct events for people to know what is vaping. And also I wished there were more flavors available in my place.

5. GamerLady

GamerLady Member

Device:
    Kanger Subox Mini, Tesla Two Submod
    Juice:
    I second that. They can also sell wraps or bling for the rigs that they do sell, if available. Nothing peeves me more than going to a store that only stocks wraps for one or two types of rigs; which they don't even carry.

What would also be nice is if they make an effort to match customers with equipment that has a chance of helping them to quit smoking. They can then help customers come up with a realistic plan to quit smoking and reduce nicotine intake over time.

I had that offered to me once. I would have been a loyal customer if the guy had not dropped out of the local vape scene due to drama.

VirtualBusyBee likes this.
  6. VirtualBusyBee

VirtualBusyBee Member

Device:
    Fuchai
    Juice:
    Finleys 7
    @GamerLady and @missvape I agree too with the mod wraps. There definitely needs to be more of a market for those kinds of items. The nice thing about wraps is that you have endless possibilities for design and color. I know that they sell the silicone cases for mods in solid colors and my husband has one for his mod that is marbleized, but I don't see too many that are marketed towards women. It would be nice to maybe get some glitter silicone covers or maybe something where you have the option to personalize your silicone sleeve (your name, and image, etc.) I have a Zephyer Buddha atomizer in tiffany blue which I'm pretty sure is powder coated. I've been using it for a few months now and already, all the powder coating is scratching off. I'm kind of irritated because it was somewhat pricey and I paid the extra money because I really wanted the tiffany blue color. So another suggestion is maybe coming up with some type of coating that won't scratch off OR metal covers that come in different colors and designs that can be placed over the atomizer (of course with the holes). If it could be done and sold for a less expensive price, then I wouldn't mind buying a few and if they scratched off over time, it wouldn't be a big deal.

I also like the e-juice sample idea. The company that I buy my e-juice from has samples packs available, but they are not for free (they are actually quite pricey). So yeah, it would be nice to be able to get free samples of e-juice. @missvape I can never find free samples of make-up, where the heck are you finding them lol!?

GamerLady likes this.
  7. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    I think every company sells the samples, but I want them free, haha! Like I said, I just think that vaping as got more popular than anybody thought it would do, and I just think that these manufacturers will have made quite a bit of cash already, more than they'd have planned to by this time so maybe as an incentive and to keep the industry moving forward, free samples aren't too much to ask.

8. missvape

missvape Active Member

Device:
    Pen Type
    Juice:
    Milk Man
    @VirtualBusyBee Lol! I only know of local makeup shops with free samples. I don't know if they ship internationally though. One brand I know is Ellana Cosmetics. Then, the other ones I know only give free samples whenever you buy something from them, which are mostly korean makeup brands.:)

Anyway, I think everyone in this thread agree with free samples! I just hope more companies can hear our complaints. Haha. But it's a nice way to get people to try their products. They don't even have to give full bottles, just a mini sampler. Plus, they can give samples to loyal customers. I think most of us have that one company that we always order from. It would be nice to get something out of our loyalty.:)

pwarbi likes this.
  9. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    I'm sure that the worst word that any business wants to hear is the word free, but if they look further down the line and at the bigger picture then it could make good business sense.

If I saw a company offering free samples, then once I'd try them and found one I liked, there's more of a chance I'd go back to them instead of choosing a different supplier, so in that respect they'd easily get their money back.

missvape likes this.
  10. untitled

untitled Member

Device:
    Evic VTC Mini
    Juice:
    VG
    I want joyetech make a better Eroll or continue to sell Eroll parts. I haven't given up on the dream of a ciggarette sized mod that actually works well.

11. missvape

missvape Active Member

Device:
    Pen Type
    Juice:
    Milk Man
    I think the word "free" is something that companies don't ever want to use. Lol. But it works for cosmetics companies like I said! I ended up being a loyal customer of this one brand just because I was able to try a sample of their product. Thereafter, I buy all my foundation from them as well as some blushes and lipsticks. So in the end, they did profited from that one free sample.

I figure that it would work best for vape companies as well. Though they would have to shell out some money at first of course! But who knows if that capital might double or triple even.

What about events where they can give free samples? I think that's a good idea as well!

pwarbi likes this.
  12. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    They don't even have to be events, and I think in most towns and cities then just standing on the pavements outside the shops could also work, small face to face advertising such as that could be a way to drum up interest and give out samples of the liquids, that's another idea that could work, maybe?

13. ZXD22

ZXD22 Member

Device:
    Joyetech Ego One
    Juice:
    Atmos watermelon
    I wish there were more of the root beer juice brands at my local vape store. They only carry the Baker Vapor brand and while they make an amazing root beer e-juice, I would want to try other brands to see which is the best and which one would be the better brand!

14. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    As vaping becomes more and more popular, I think we'll find that these outlets will start to sell wider variations of flavours and brands than what they do now.

Around where I live, they tend to only stock the brands and flavours they know for definite are going to sell, but they are slowly starting to expand.