Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

What Do You Think Of Vaping For Fun?

Discussion in 'Vape Talk' started by Destinyosbourne, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Destinyosbourne

Destinyosbourne Member

Device:
    Box Mod
    Juice:
    Cappuccino
    I've noticed there's a large amount of youngsters that don't smoke who are vaping for fun or to look "cool" or whatever it is. I've also noticed a lot of these guys vape nicotine. They come in wanting a large nicotine content juice, I tell then they don't need that high of a level to curb their cravings... but, typically they proceed to tell me they don't even smoke. It's like they're using vaping to get "high" on nicotine and need to up their levels to continue to get that feeling.

Anybody else notice this? What do you think of it?

2. ejorman1010

ejorman1010 Member

Device:
    Tesla
    Juice:
    Johnson Creek
    I only recommend vaping to those that want to get off cigarettes. I also have noticed the trend among non-smokers taking up vaping as well. I guess it's not too bad if they just stay from from nicotine juices. You could easily get hooked on nicotine through vaping.

Destinyosbourne likes this.
  3. Destinyosbourne

Destinyosbourne Member

Device:
    Box Mod
    Juice:
    Cappuccino
    That's scary I afraid of with many of the younger people coming into the shop :(

4. FenWoFon

FenWoFon Member

Device:
    VaporFI Rebel
    Juice:
    Pineapple
    Vaping is for anybody who wants to smoke without causing any damage to their own person, about those kids doing it to look 'cool' just dont mind about them they are just trying to look 'cool' if you care bout them then they will finally accomplish their objectives.

5. RobPonders

RobPonders Member

Device:
    G Pen
    Juice:
    Switch it up
    I have heard of kids drinking nicotine juice... they call it penguin.
    Never heard of people vaping large dosses of nicotine in an effort to get high though....
    I guess that's one reason places are making a 19-21 age requirement to purchase.
    We all know you do dumb things when you're young...

6. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    There does seem to be a trend developing and people are just vaping to look good and fit in with the crowd, that I don't really agree with.

At the end of the day it's up to the individual people what they choose to do though,,but imnnot sure they're even aware that some liquids contain nicotine though, that's my main issue.

7. Okaviator

Okaviator Member

Device:
    Joyetech
    Juice:
    Lemon
    Vaping isn't really a healthy solution to trying to act "cool". It can actually harm your lungs over time. I would only recommend vaping to people that are trying to quit smoking.

8. epaultspm

epaultspm Member

Device:
    Aspire K3
    Juice:
    Green Apple
    Unfortunately kids (younger adults) do a lot of dumb stuff around this age. Educating yourself about health issues is one thing you have to learn as you grown up. If it damages them in the future, it sucks, but they only have themselves to blame for trying things only to look cool.

9. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    It ends up being the same thing as smoking. I started vaping because I saw it as a way to stop smoking and reduce my nicotine intake. For those that are starting vaping and using nicotine, it just doesn't make any sense. There has been ample documentation proving how addictive it is, so why would you want to get hooked?

10. ejorman1010

ejorman1010 Member

Device:
    Tesla
    Juice:
    Johnson Creek
    It is definitely a concern with young kids who will certainly see a vape pen and think it's the coolest thing ever. I know I would have felt that way at that age. If I saw someone blowing huge clouds with this cooling looking device, I would have jumped on that right away. The big issue is that kids won't take into consideration the amount of nicotine in these juices.

11. ejorman1010

ejorman1010 Member

Device:
    Tesla
    Juice:
    Johnson Creek
    There should be a requirement that sellers make it clear which juices contain nicotine and at what levels. The age thing is also important as well, but it means little if new users don't understand the addictive nature of nicotine. It's a positive that there are plenty of no-nicotine juices out there.

12. Destinyosbourne

Destinyosbourne Member

Device:
    Box Mod
    Juice:
    Cappuccino
    I always insist eveyone who vapes but isn't trying to quit smoking buy nicotine free juice. But, unfortunaly many want juices with high nicotine levels.

13. Destinyosbourne

Destinyosbourne Member

Device:
    Box Mod
    Juice:
    Cappuccino
    At my shop we make the juices when they're ordered. Basically, the whole shop is just tables with testing racks. We have a sign with nicotine levels and they're added at request. So, every customer at our shop has to request that nicotine is added and what MG they'd like. We also have a chart comparing nicotine levels to brand of cigarettes and the type (lights... Etc...) because our main goal is to stop smoking but we also cater to the recreational vaping crowd. So, confusing nicotine levels at my shop is practically impossible, but those who sell pre-made juices should clearly label their products and use eithical point-of-sale procedures.

14. genevb

genevb Member

Device:
    VaporFI Rebel II
    Juice:
    Apple
    I've also noticed it through high school, few years back. When it comes about vaping, for a non-smoker, it should be ok as long as it is nicotine free, but by the time nicotine gets involved, they are ruining their lives as this is the clear path to get hooked on it. They will become addicted in no time, maybe even switch to cigarettes, probably this is the biggest trap when it comes about vaping, the fact that youngster consider it to be something safe without any risk involved, they can get hooked on it easier than on cigarettes which are known to be mortal.

15. rajesh

rajesh Member

Device:
    MODs
    Juice:
    Gorilla Juice
    Well, if a particular teen is addicted to smoking, he can use the vaping devices to call himself 'cool'. However, I would not recommend youngsters to vape nicotine. You can try the other flavours instead of nicotine.

16. Destinyosbourne

Destinyosbourne Member

Device:
    Box Mod
    Juice:
    Cappuccino
    Yes, and at my shop we make all of the juices at the time of sale and they have to specifically request nicotine be added. I always try to have the younger ones steer clear of nicotine but if they're at least 18 there isn't anything I can do but inform them.

17. missvape

missvape Active Member

Device:
    Pen Type
    Juice:
    Milk Man
    I'm very thankful for employees like you who look out for the best of their customers. Indeed, I know some teens nowadays vape just for fun or to look cool. One friend I know even vapes to fit in to a group. Those aren't good enough reasons to vape, that's for sure. I know smoking has that reputation, it makes you seem cool. But the reality is, it comes with downsides like health issues in the end.

With vaping, yes, it's a better alternative to smoking but these are kids we're talking about. They're supposed to be playing games, not doing vices and not even thinking about vices. Yes, vaping might be fun but that doesn't mean that they should try anything just for fun. They might end up being addicted to it, which cannot be good at their young ages.

And considering they're buying juices with nicotine, it's all the more not for fun... I might be inclined to think that they're already addicted.:/

18. AboveTheSmoke

AboveTheSmoke Active Member

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    Hey, if a kid is getting snagged on vaping instead of the sticks, they're at least better off than a generation ago. Progress doesn't mean everything is perfect tomorrow, it means something is clearly better than it was yesterday.

19. ZXD22

ZXD22 Member

Device:
    Joyetech Ego One
    Juice:
    Atmos watermelon
    I think vaping for fun is alright and should be allowed in my books but I would recommend it for use with smokers who really want to switch to a safer alternative and much more healthier device to smoke and receive nicotine with. I see many kids around with vapors and they never cause a problem.

20. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    I guess your right, baby steps as they say. Eventually there won't be anyone smoking but that is still going to take a while.

johanrobert likes this.