Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Well, how things change

Discussion in 'Vape Talk' started by reennale, Oct 8, 2015.

1. reennale

reennale New Member

I haven't come on here for a good long while. I found a set up I'm happy with and have just been cruising along on my happy little vape journey. Now it seems there's a whole new kind of vaping and a whole new language. Apparently people vape with enough clout now to need air holes in their drip tips so that the vapour cools down and doesn't burn their lips. Sub-ohming and temperature control and who only know what else. It all seems as much a foreign language now as it did when I first started. One thing that hasn't changed much is the political climate, in that parties with vested interests are still misquoting and misinterpreting studies to suit their agendas. But the hardware is evolving and changing at an amazing rate. What an innovative and creative bunch vapers are!

2. kirst is back!!

kirst is back!! New Member

Waves* Hi Kay :D
    Missed ya , you sexxy beast!

Hope you have a great New Year :)

3. Gunfacaia

Gunfacaia New Member

I recently resurfaced myself.

For a while I felt a bit inferior because I dont lung hit 100% VG on a .0000001 ohm quadruple-wrap Unicornium wire coil, sitting on a 10 gigawatt climate control mod.

But then I realised I was enjoying life as a vapist anyway. :playful:

4. qjpk5rxncli

qjpk5rxncli New Member

Don't worry kay - you're not alone. When I read half the posts on here I get

:D

5. zisf|ellawep265

zisf|ellawep265 New Member

You hit the nail on the head, you have found a set up your happy with and are cruising along, congrats.

6. Skichken

Skichken New Member

Hey, FM :D How you doin'? Happy new year to you, too. Your bro keeping himself safe with the bushfires in Greenbushes?

7. pasqui

pasqui New Member

Exactly!! It makes me feel old, the same way as all the young 'uns and their fancy pants technology stuff at school :eek:

8. Steffen Kummer

Steffen Kummer New Member

Happy tootle puffer here :tranquillity:
    Never used to blow massive clouds when i smoked dont see the point

9. midnight_ashes

midnight_ashes New Member

Ummmm OK I better ring him lol :eek:

ok just googled it ... its all clear and was a few kays north of his place .. now I must beat him in the head for not telling me ...:D

10. Mommy of 1

Mommy of 1 New Member

I found trying to lung hit a rollie a tad awkward. Yer face caved in, yer ears popped and yer freckle puckered rather alarmingly!

11. ???? ??????????

???? ?????????? New Member

A tad stupid

12. bunkyriver

bunkyriver New Member

ha ha. sorry, shouldn't have said anything. worrying you for nothing *slap on the wrist*

13. Banished

Banished New Member

lol. i know, right? mind you, since i started using a nautilus, i have come to quite like the lung hit. go through loads of juice like that, tho, so mostly i go to the smallest air hole and just do mouth to lung hits

14. miranda

miranda New Member

I'm recently come back myself. My fire button broke and I needed a new mod, only to discover I had a ton of new stuff to learn about.

I'd been happily vaping for years in my own little rut, too. I do like the clouds, the extra flavour and easier filling tanks though. [emoji4]

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

15. funseekr

funseekr New Member

I think there is a huge push in the community/shops towards lung hits, I am a fairly new vaper and when I approached the local b&ms around me they were all about lung hits and I didn't even know about MTL vaping, to be honest after trying both I do like lung hits but find myself holding it in to reduce the clouds, the flavour is greater but I get more of the complex flavours come through on a MTL and can taste more of them individually as opposed to the "blend" of flavours from my LH. Both have there merits but your right MTL seems to be getting buried as an old way of doing thing's, a bit sad really.

16. lopegolype

lopegolype New Member

I've stopped enabling myself to get sucked in to the next best thing after 2.5 year's.
    Temp control = no
    Nickel, ss, ceramic etc = no
    200 giggawatt + = no so far.

Custom mech squonkers and pipes however are a different story.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

17. Chylers Mom

Chylers Mom New Member

Sadly the money now in vaping comes from generating hype ... and nothing does this more than the clouds scenario as opposed to the "lets get you off the smokes" scenario.

I am a little saddened when I see new vapers just wanting to ditch the smokes being caught up in the 1.21 gigawatt you cant get a decent vape under 70W trend.
    A new vaper needs consistency and reliability and ease of use to make a successful transition .. that's just not the case with cloud chasing usually

18. axiolibic

axiolibic New Member

Vaping's like a anything else, it has it's fads, it's "cool" kids and it's bandwagon jumpers.

Looking at ewechoob vids nowdays you'd be forgiven for thinking that there's a direct correlation between high watts, low ohms, huge clouds and testicle size! :distant:

It seems to me that the fundamental purpose of vaping is being lost - getting off the durries and staying off! A noob could be forgiven for thinking the whole thing is about lung-hitting cloud machine, when going down that road from the start is never going to end well.

Basically, my approach is bollocks to fashion, I'll vape whatever I enjoy.

19. gotnoplans

gotnoplans New Member

Yup, I'm the same.

Dont use TC, vape mostly in the 12-18 watt range, with kanthal coils between .6 and 1.2 ohms - because that's what I find I enjoy!

Saw some clown on youtube a few days back with some sort of idiotic setup he claimed would do 3kW! I was kinda hoping it's blow his **** head off! :devilish:

20. antoninaf

antoninaf New Member