Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Want to get started but overwhelmed

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by eVorpTrer, Jan 2, 2016.

1. eVorpTrer

eVorpTrer New Member

Hi there

I have attempted to research vaping a few times now and just get a bit overwhelmed with the options.

I would love if someone could tell me to get this start kit from this site and this nicotine in this amount from this site.

I currently smoke a packet of Peter Stuyvesant Blue a day, live in Melbourne and want the imported nicotine.

Sorry if this seems lazy but I figure if I can just get cracking, I can refine what I do once I've got started and know what it involves.

Thanks in anticipation!
    Cheers

2. pki76

pki76 New Member

Welcome Bamboid

Check out the new vapers area - there is a few stickies in there that will provide all the info you need. I read this when I started out 2 months ago, and 4 days later I had all the kit I needed, haven't smoked an analogue since.

Also, introduce yourself in the introduction thread - there will be plenty of people there to share their experiences.

3. marxhsu

marxhsu New Member

I was in the same position, luckily for me I was able to get my hands on the equipment while in France. I started with and ego t starter kit, was happy with it for a couple of days but realised I needed more a throat hit and more vapour. Next step was a vission spinner 2, with an aspre bdc. Here again, not enough for me. I am now vaping a provari 2.5 [with a P3 ordered and waiting..:) with a 2x .comtilus aspire and 2x kanger aerotank mega. Very happy with what I have now. If you are into rebuilding your coils, then you have a sea of possibilities, personally I could not be bothered rebuilding my coil.

Small Starter kits are good to see if vaping is for you, but if you get into as most of us do, they may not satisfy you. As far as nicotine goes, I get mine from NZ soulblu, they make it here in Preston Vic and ship it from NZ. Prices are reasonable, shipping is fast and product is not bad. Shop around and I am sure you will find what you want.

4. Samuel H

Samuel H New Member

I started at HealthCabin when I first started vaping. Something like this and some 18mg liquid should get you nicely started.

5. ansmenam

ansmenam New Member

Hi Bamboid,
    Congrats for taking the first step, Stuyvo's blues was my crutch too loved them but don't miss them. No one thing suits every one lots of trial and error but don't let that deter you
    Have a look in the vendor section for local suppliers. Start with the beginner kit batteries and Clearomisers, easy to start off. Cig-a-likes are crap. There is plenty of threads in the New vapers section to answer your questions. To get nicotine you will need to mix yourself or order pre-made both from O/S. Start with tobacco flavors. If you like tinkering you will be rebuilding in no time.
    Welcome and enjoy!

6. Maxwell Murder

Maxwell Murder New Member

7. afaiatyvqhqvq

afaiatyvqhqvq New Member

HealthCabin is good, but buying from recommended canuk vendors isn't that much more expensive plus it's much quicker and you get local support.

8. Marahl

Marahl New Member

Following on from fad's post, most of the items in Noes list are available in Oz (except nic juice of course). With the juice, buy a varied range of smaller bottles. After giving up smoking your tastes change and what works for one person doesn't necessarily mean it will work for another so the juice journey can be frustrating at the beginning (it was for me)

9. daisoaitanthoi

daisoaitanthoi New Member

I first began with some doublers and an evod2 starter kit from Vapoureyes which gives you 2 batteries/2 tanks , and liquid nic from MFS in the US. Its been 4months+ since i last had a stinkie or wanted one and even though i have since upgraded, i still find it is a great setup to keep on hand as my backup.

10. grainny

grainny New Member

I personally went for the VK Discovery Kit from VapeKing. It's a great little starter kit, and you get 2 10ml premium juices with it too.

You can order it here, Brian from VK is pretty regular on the forums too.

11. TrinidadC

TrinidadC New Member

I agree, but when I started I didn't like the idea of shop jumping, so usually the simplest thing for me was to get the hardware from the same place I would get my pre-made nic juice. Definitely not the case anymore however, and I will always buy hardware from canuk stores.

12. LowerIndor

LowerIndor New Member

Hey Bamboid, where are you in Melbourne? There may be someone nearby that might be able to meet up with you and explain it all.

If you want to buy online, I believe Vape King, House of Vape and Steam Ecigs are known around the traps as reliable and well priced but are all in Sydney. Vaphilia is located in Elwood (by appointment) and has an equally good reputation. You can buy all the hardware and non nicotine flavoured eliquids from any of these vendors. When looking at the flavours, I would suggest you buy "doublers" - This means double strength that you then mix with your nicotine and pg/vg. Although new vapers always believe they ONLY want the same flavour as their chosen ciggy brand, it usually doesn't continue that way. So I suggest you buy some flavours that you usually like to eat.

STARTER KITS - Vapeking

Steam-e-cigs | Starter Kits

Starter Kits Archives | House of Vape

Ego Starter Kits Vaphilia - Elwood Victoria

As far as nicotine goes, I would buy 36mg/ml (50%pg/50%vg) as a beginner (see below link). Most people start on somewhere between 12 and 24mg/ml strength and 36mg/ml is a safe strength to handle and easy to mix down with local eliquids.

115ml HC Unflavored E-liquid Shipping can be problematic at times but HC have advised that this product can be shipped via DHL as long as it is not combined with batteries in the same parcel. DHL will get to you within about 3-5 working days.

Be.comse shipping can be so expensive, Maybe get some 10ml bottles of "ready to vape" eliquid which on the whole, people get over very quickly. Vapers usually prefer locally produced eliquids mixed with unflavoured nicotine but having said that, many off us stopped smoking by vaping these Eliquids from Health Cabin. From memory, small bottles with 18mg/ml nicotine are very cheap.

Whatever you do, buy at least two of everything including chargers and don't forget some spare coils for your toppers. Nothing worse than your equipment failing and you have to wait on snail mail for a replacement.

Good luck.

13. gecewemo

gecewemo New Member

I ordered 4 bottles of this and they arrived late last week. No issues at all, under 2 weeks.

14. tvhaqegoay

tvhaqegoay New Member

I understand being overwhelmed and looking at pictures online did not do much for me at the time.
    Fortunately we have a physical E-Cig shop on a main road here and went with a friend to get started.

The only thing I ordered on-line was the Nic. from overseas,that arrived with no problems in a matter of days.

I still go to that shop, very supportive and informative.
    Learning more as I go and the overwhelms I had has gone, just like the cigs.
    This forum has been great to with much information to.

The E-Cig starter pack I bought was;

KangerTech - EMOW

Kangertech EMOW Variable Voltage Starter Kit

There were other types to consider, but be.comse this one has a variable air intake adjust, it was the one that started it for me.

The only extra item I had to include was the wall power socket adapter to re-charge, but the owner included it for free, plus a USB car lighter adapter so it re-charges in the car.

When I did get my Nic, I ordered the wrong strength, got the 36Mg instead of 24Mg, the shop owner was kind enough to fix it the following week, with correct PG/VG so it's now 24Mg Nicotine strength

When this is added to the flavor, it becomes 12Mg.

You then add the 12Mg mix to the E-Cig and ya good to go.

At first, I was confused to, but it becomes easier, like riding a bike and eventually removing the trainer wheels!

Hope this helps.

15. Desi Chef

Desi Chef New Member

Am I going mad or is this shop that is just down on the main road in another country. I thought the OP was in Melbourne canada??? I'm confused. :concern:

16. mirit

mirit New Member

I've had good success with a Kanger evod starter kit. Even though i have some better equipment now I still regularly use the EVODs as they are great little devices. I got mine from House of Vape and it set me back only $50 with a couple of flavour doublers thrown in as well as spare coils.

As for juices the easiest way that I've found is to by a few from Yaeliq. They might not be the best out there but they are perfectly vapable and you don't have to worry about mixing and steeping your juices. I started vaping them straight away be.comse I was impatient to start but they do get better as they age a little. Check out their 'steal of a deal' section on the website and you can buy 100mls of liquid for $10, which is an excellent price. I started at 18ml/100ml nic strength and 50/50 PG/VG and at the rate that you're smoking this should be a good starting point for you as well.

This'll give you a good starting base to begin vaping for less than $100 and delivery for both will less than two weeks. After that just play around and try new equipment and juices when you're ready to start seeing what works best for you and come back to the forums when you have issues as they've been really helpful for me.

Good luck with it. I promise you you won't regret the change.

17. dragon

dragon New Member

Thank you SO much for all the responses. I'm going to review and get onto it this morning.
    Much appreciated :)

18. tvhaqegoay

tvhaqegoay New Member

Ha ha everyone has got a different answer. You need two things. A good reliable device and juice containing nicotine to go in it. To start you off I would suggest two ego style batteries(the variable voltage ones are great) so you always have one charged, and two or more decent cartomisers(for back-up and maybe to change flavours). The aspire range seem to be the best of the pick lately with BVC coils. When I started I used 36mg juice and my e-cig never left my hand. Like it was suggested before, select 5 different juices or more that contain nicotine from overseas. You might think you want tobacco flavours but take it from us, you will be surprised how much you like the alternatives. Do take a bet each way though!

19. pulamea

pulamea New Member

Out of interest Bamboid, what did you decide to get in the end?