Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Vmax fibs or .. dont let the chinese do your math homework

Discussion in 'Vape Modding and Technical' started by mniakasl, Nov 6, 2015.

1. mniakasl

mniakasl New Member

heh, as suspected the vmax outputs nothing like what its display says.

it should be noted, these are preliminary results done with no load attached.
    I did a brief test with a 2.2ohm clearo on the 3.0v output and its documented below as well..

the real voltage of importance is rms of course, ideally 3.0v on the display should be 3.0V rms out the connector.

with the rms voltage then power is v^2/R .. same as with normal DC volts, thats why it is used.

quick rundown .. these readings are taken from my oscilloscope which has proven itself to be very accurate against my meter, which is just maths, meter was not 'adjusted' to match the readings, they came out correct :)

FWIW .. i haven't got the meter to work with the vmax properly yet, it will ..

Vmax 3.0v
    battery 8.08v
    duty cycle 33.3%
    freq 700.93Hz
    Vrms 4.50V
    Vaverage 2.48V
    multimeter (fluke 77) says 2.799V

Vmax 3.0v (THIS TEST UNDER LOAD WITH A CLEARO)
    battery 6.80v
    duty cycle 45.8%
    freq 738.93Hz
    Vrms 4.05V
    Vaverage 2.24V
    multimeter (fluke 77) says 2.495V

Vmax 4.0v
    battery 8.08v
    duty cycle 50.0%
    freq 1050Hz
    Vrms 5.70V
    Vaverage 3.92V
    multimeter (fluke 77) says 3.89V

note .. the duty cycle is a continually changing thing, what the vmax seems to do is always turn off for about 0.5mS
    but it turns on in 2 lengths .. either 1mS or 1.5mS, a higher voltage setting has more of the longer pulses.
    I need to rethink some of the way i do things in my meter to accurately show this.
    this also throws out the duty cycle and frequency display on the CRO as its alway shifting, depends on which pulse and the sequence of short and long pulses what it reads.. the rms voltage however is rock solid, thats a simpler function of adding up all the sample voltages.

Vmax 5.0v
    battery 8.08v
    duty cycle 63.9%
    freq 8133Hz
    Vrms 6.38V
    Vaverage 5.12V
    multimeter (fluke 77) says 4.95V

Vmax 6.0v
    battery 8.08v
    duty cycle 63.9%
    freq 700.93Hz
    Vrms 6.92V
    Vaverage 5.92V
    multimeter (fluke 77) says 5.81V

all in all its interesting and I have really only one complaint .. I don't like 4.5v up, i rarely vape that high. but that in reality is the vmax 3.0
    all it needs is a 2.0v setting as well, as it is .. it will find only very intermittent use for me.

2. Paige A.

Paige A. New Member

Great info Stoney, would love to see Provari & LavaTube results for comparison.
    I imagine though, that their rms volts are closer to what is displayed when you crank them.

3. npaidasejj

npaidasejj New Member

4. dhar1824

dhar1824 New Member

So it's actually a 4.5 to 7 variable volt mod then, no wonder people reckon it hit's hard.

I guess the guy that programmed it skipped a few days from his maths and electronics course. :D

Wonder how well the programming in the flight controls of their new F22 Raptor knock-offs are?

5. mahleezah

mahleezah New Member

provari is spot on, within a few mV, lava tube is fine till you meet the current or power limit, then it just doesn't tell you.

they are both DC mods, no need for rms, its the same anyway though.

6. baexeyttsa9443

baexeyttsa9443 New Member

7. adem

adem New Member

The gap does narrow as you increase the voltage, which would be expected.