Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Variable thingie board, maybe??

Discussion in 'Vape Modding and Technical' started by nsukomon, Nov 25, 2015.

1. nsukomon

nsukomon New Member

Hi people

Noa posted a link in another thread, pointing to some batteries.

2 PCS Kingkong INR26650E Raised-Top 4000mAh Li-ion Battery [King Kong INR26650E Raised-Top] - $21.95 : Led Flashlight-International Outdoor Store

I had a look around and found the site was related to LED flashlights and all the options

Does anybody know if these boards have been modded for use as power supplies in Personal Vaping units?

Drivers : Led Flashlight-International Outdoor Store

The concept is not a million miles away from the "Kick" and it is likely that some modder somewhere has already had a go.

Has anybody come across anything like this being used??

2. thosora

thosora New Member

Geez you'd think Rob could spell my name right by now :p

I had a similar thought when I saw them but they are designed to run various LED modes, so I'm not sure how much use they are to us.

3. ksnake10

ksnake10 New Member

Ok, you are now registered in the spell checker.

Like you I have no idea about the functions. The potential 4amp constant was the part that interested me. I guess the output is hard coded and activated by button presses to give the high medium and low to the led's. I don't know anything about them or the flashlights for that matter. I have only just seen them.

The output on the "Kick" is adjusted with the variable pot, so would it be possible to drop the hard coding thingie, and introduce the analogue variable potentiometer. Just some thoughts. I have a feeling its already been tried, and was hoping somebody had come across it somewhere out there.

4. qTrevors

qTrevors New Member

Cant say I have come across it out there either Rob ... Technically if you could reprogram ( calling Stoney lol ) I cant see why not , but apart from the small circular form factor , it would be far easier to use a DC-DC converter board that already has the pot built in , nice n cheap from ebay , or alibaba , and you can get constant voltage,constant current , but still looking for a good constant wattage one lol
    I thought about LED drivers a while back , but pretty much tossed them into the too hard bin , they also seem to be pretty inefficient from what I see with torches , as they often require bloody great heatsinking when in use in the torch , and waste heat indicates to me poor inefficiency ?
    As they appear to be PWM also , you would have the option of coding in a variable control I would think ( I.E. I dont KNOW lol )

5. gctgwtn4a

gctgwtn4a New Member

Good call FM, Stoney would be the man for this question(s), he hasn't been around much that I've seen, lately, though.

6. stavragi

stavragi New Member

Stoney is in Ninja mode lol .... you might not see him , but he is there , omniprescent and always watching .... cue creepy music !

7. nota-loka

nota-loka New Member

FM covered it pretty well, they are constant current for LED so not ideal for attys. reprogramming is not an option, dedicated chippies.
    not like a kick, no boost on them.
    I am still around and read all the forum :)
    just fielding PMs on 5 other forums as well currently ..

get a webcam robray ..

8. Silker

Silker New Member

My 3g wont support a webcam. Looking at upgrading to 4g, but last time I checked I was right on the edge of the coverage area, and its about 3 times the cost. Might look into it again.

Oh and if I do, I will need a new puter. This is an old Acer, at about seven years old. Need to upgrade this win98 as well!!!

9. ArTeMiSs

ArTeMiSs New Member

Pedal faster Robray... Peddle FASTER !!!! :D

10. MrSwing

MrSwing New Member

i run upload at one ninetieth the suggested speed :)
    stupid adsl 1
    it uploads at about 25kbits/second .. so i am perpetually fuzzy.

11. maxmanya

maxmanya New Member

I thought that was just be.comse you don't own a hair brush? :p

12. emirhan25

emirhan25 New Member

Didn't he just use candles :p

So am I, but probably not for the same reason ... ;)