Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Vaping isn’t smoking, for purposes of N.Y. state ban on smoking in many public places (TWP)

Discussion in 'What's in the Vape News?' started by Pablo Diaz, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Pablo Diaz

Pablo Diaz Member

Device:
    Vaporfi Platinum Pro
    Juice:
    Vaporfi afternoon delight
    I agree with the NY office in this. Vaping isn’t smoking. Read more here.

2. johnyork

johnyork New Member

Device:
    Cost
    Juice:
    Chocolate lab
    Well it isn't smoking in the same sense as smoking cigarettes but it's still smoking. Smoking inside by vaping is a lot different, there's less smell and the smoke doesn't really bother anyone.

3. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Device:
    Laptop
    Juice:
    Apple
    Okay well that was just one of those articles where you read it and then you are more confused then you were before. So they differentiate the two, but it still illegal in certain places. But the laws create the crime...that was in there....and it is different interpretations. This whole thing is confusing, but what I take away is that the courts are having to treat e-cigarettes differently than traditional tobacco products.

4. AboveTheSmoke

AboveTheSmoke Active Member

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    This is kind of a slipperly slope though. You ever see big events where lots of people have vaporizers? It ends up becoming a foggy thicket, like if this becomes the alternative to smoking, it poses the alternative issue of foggy ass buildings while the smell of a thousand juices mixes into the flavor of the room...that actually sounds kind of badass though on second thought

5. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    I also think that while technically speaking vaping isn't smoking, there are other issues involved like what's already been pointed out.

I think if people don't vape where they wouldn't smoke, there will be less of an issue but I'm not sure if that will ever happen, as people tend to think because vaping isn't as bad for you, they should be able to do it wherever they want.

6. Ladyferoz

Ladyferoz Member

Device:
    Vape Master
    Juice:
    Mango Lassi
    While I agree that vaping is not smoking, there are rules or common courtesies to be followed. If you vape in public areas, the truth is there will be people who do not like it. If we respect others, it could lead to more people learning about vaping instead of hating it due to the actions of a few. I think even if it is safe, does not mean you should vape in closed spaces e.g. Starbucks.