Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Vapefly Pixie RDA review

Discussion in 'Vape Reviews' started by wiz4vape, Oct 14, 2018.

1. wiz4vape

wiz4vape Member

Device:
    Aegis and zeus
    Juice:
    Heisenberg
    I received Vapefly pixie RDA free of charge from Vapefly for the purpose of this review.

Vapefly pixie comes in few different colors:

- SS
    - Gold
    - Black
    - Gun metal
    - Rainbow

[​IMG]

Specifikacija:

Diameter: 22mm
    Height: 24mm (without drip tip)
    Tank Material: SS
    Drip Material: Delrin
    Coil Building: Single Coil
    Thread: 510 thread

Features:

- Super easy building deck for single coil
    - Interchangeable airflow set
    - Heat-resistance design
    - Side coil design to prevent juice spit
    - BF(Bottom Feed) pin for squonker MODs

In the box:

- Pixie RDA
    - BF squonk pin
    - Screws
    - 2 x tool
    - 2 x Vapefly firebolt cotton
    - 2 x coil
    - O rings

[​IMG]

Pixie rda is the new atomizer from Vapefly. Pixie rda is very small rda, diameter of this rda is 22mm, height is only 24mm. Build quality is good as I expected from Vapefly, this atomizer is made out of stainless steel and it is available in 5 colors, ss, gold, gun metal, black, rainbow, I received pixie rda in black color. I like to see in the package coils and cotton, which is the case here, in the package you can find two coils and two pieces of cotton, vapefly cotton, this cotton is very easy to work with. This rda is direct to lung single coil rda.
    Pixie rda looks very interesting, it's small and it has nice design in my opinion, on the bottom of the rda you can see engraved "Pixie", from the bottom of the rda you also can see engraved "Pixie" and you can see engraved "Designed and manufactured by vapefl" and you can see some details on the top cap that helps with airflow adjustment. Pixie rda has protruding 510 pin and threads here are good.

Pixie rda comes with 510 drip tip, you can use any other 510 drip tip here without any problems. This one stands very nice in place and this drip tip is very short, height of the drip tip is only 5mm, inner diameter of the drip tip is 8mm. This is delrin drip tip and this drip tip is shaped very nice, I like the shape very much, but I would like a little bit bigger drip tip, but drip tip is small because atomizer is small and it looks nice on the top of the rda.

Under the drip tip you can see anti heat design, so, heat from the top cap will not go to the drip tip and this actually works, which is good. Top cap has some details that I mentioned before, details are here to help with airflow adjustment. Also on the top cap you can see two airflow slots, one slot is small and the other one is big, but you can use only one hole at once. Inside of the chamber you can see nice conical shape, which is good because it will smooth out the airflow and improve the flavor. On the chamber there is one o ring that holds top cap.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

On the chamber you can see one airflow slot, in that slot you will be able to place one of the airflow adapters, slot is angled down and that way you don't have to worry about leaking with this rda. Also you can see that chamber is reduced on the side where airflow hole is, which is again good, because that should improve the flavor.
    In the package you will receive two ariflow adapters, one of the adapters has only one big hole , but the other one has 3 smaller holes. So with this rda you have nice airflow options.
    When you use the adapter that has bigger hole you can use the bigger slot on the top cap and with top cap you can adjust your airflow, but if you decide to use the atapter with 3 holes on it you can use bigger slot on the top cap to open all 3 holes on the chamber, or for example you can use it to open only two holes, but you also can use smaller hole on the top cap and that way you can reduce airflow a lot, if you like very restrictive draw. You can change the adapter pretty much easy, all you need to do is to push the adapter with your tool from the instide. On this rda you can change the adapters while you have coil installed inside, you don't have to take off the coil in order to change the adapters which is good because you can find best airflow option for you without taking out your coil.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

On the base you can see two o rings that holds chamber in the place. Also on the base you can see two posts for the coil. Next, on the base you can see 3 notches and noches will lock the chamber, so basically chamber won't spin around when you adjusting the airflow or when you want to unscrew the rda from the mod. Two of the notches will help a lot with coil positioning. In the package you will receive two tools, one that you will use for screws on the posts and the other one that you will use to change the pins.
    With this rda you will receive two coils, on the bag you can see everything about the coil, both coils are the same, 26ga (KA1)x2+36ga (ni80), resistance of the coil is 0.35ohm, diameter of the coil is 3mm.
    On this build deck you will not place the coil right in the middle, but you will place the coil closer to the airflow slot, this will also prevent juice lift up which is good. This build deck is very simple for coil placement, as I said you will use here two notches on the base that will help you coil positioning , you need to place you coil tool on the noches and then tight down the screews, it is that simple. It's very good that they left notches here to help with installing the coil. After you place the coil here, you can lift the coil up or you can place it lower and that way you can adjust your coil to your preferences. If you place the coil just like Vapefly suggests air will hit the coil from the bottom and from the sides, but if you like to lift the coil up for example, air will hit the coil more from the bottom. Because of the design of this rda you can't place the coil in the middle, if you do so air will miss the coil, so you need to place the coil closer to the airflow hole using the notches. Screws are good and screws pretty much good locks the coil legs, i tried coils from the package and I also tried 0.5mm kanthal and there is no any problem with thin wires.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

How this rda performs

First, I would like to say something about the design of this rda, personally I like it, it looks pretty much interesting and small, it will fit perfect with some small single battery squonk mod. Under the drip tip it has design that will reduce the heat which is good.
    First I tried pixie rda with regular 510 pin, but because drip tip is small and you can't drip through the drip tip here, you will need to take off the top cap and then you can paint on your coil with e liquid. Basically capacity is good, because airflow hole is placed high, it is angled down and it is hard to make it leak, which is good.
    Then I tried it with squonk pin and if you ask me pixie rda works great with bottom feed pin and it is way easier to use it with bf pin and you never have to worry about leaking, of course if you use it as you should it won't leak.
    Pixie rda has resrictive airflow and if you use adapter with 3 holes ariflow will be even more restrictive, so this one will be good for people that like restrictive draws. Airflow is very smooth, especially if you use adapter with 3 holes and I prefer to use the pixie rda with that adapter, in my opinion it works better that way.
    I tried coil from the package and I also used spaced coil, kanthal 0.5mm, 3mm in diameter. Basically it works good with both coils which is good because if you like cooler vapor you can use 0.5mm kanthal and rda will still perform great. In my opinion it works little bit better with coil from the package, vapor is very dense and flavor is a bit better. I'm using this rda between 25-35watts, I like to use coil from the package between 30-35w. Vapor production at 35watts is very good and vapor is very dense.
    Pixie rda is little flavor chaser that's for sure, flavor is very good and intense, this one is one of the better ones for flavor.
    Only what I can pick that can bother you here is the drip tip, it is tiny and maybe you don't prefer tiny drip tips, but we all know why drip tip is so tiny, of course to be matchy with the small rda, but anyway you can use your own drip tip in case that you don't like this one.
    What you can like here, well, very good build quality as I expected on Vapefly product, it is very easy to istall the coil here, two airflow adapters that you can use to adjust the airflow very precise, very good flavor, heat resistance design that keeps drip tip cool and of course very big pro for two coils in the package.
    This is very small rda and it works very nice, I would suggest this one to people that want small flavor chaser rda with restrictive draw and lower power.

Vapefly pixie RDA

[​IMG]