Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Vapefly galaxies mtl rta

Discussion in 'Vape Reviews' started by wiz4vape, Nov 15, 2018.

1. wiz4vape

wiz4vape Member

Device:
    Aegis and zeus
    Juice:
    Heisenberg
    I received galaxies mtl rta from Vapefly for the purpose of this review.

Galaxies mtl rta comes in few colors:

- Stainless steel
    - Black
    - Gold

[​IMG]

Specification:

- Diameter: 22.2mm
    - Height: 49.45mm
    - Material: Stainless steel and glass
    - Capacity: 2ml/3ml/5ml

In the box:

- Galaxies mtl rta
    - 510 drip tip
    - Bubble glass tube
    - Screwdriver
    - Cotton
    - 2 coils
    - O rings and screws
    - Airflow adapter
    - User manual

[​IMG]

Vapefly galaxies mtl rta is 22.2mm in diameter, height of the atomizer is 49.45mm with drip tip. Galaxies comes in 3 different colors, I received the stainless steel one. In my opinion galaxies mtl rta is nice looking atomizer, it is made out of stainless steel and build quality is good. You can see some details on the atomizer, on the top cap you can see some engravings to help when you need to unscrew the top cap in order to fill the tank, on the chamber there is engraved "Galaxies", on the bottom you can also see some interesting engravings and from the bottom you can see engraved "Glaxies mtl rta" and "Designed and manufactured by Vapefly". On the base we have protruding gold plated pin, threads here are good.

[​IMG]

Vapefly galaxies mtl rta comes with pre installed pmma drip tip, this is 510 drip tip and it has two o rings on it that holds the drip tip in the place very nice. Height of the drip tip is 11.3mm, inner diameter of the drip tip at the top is 2.8mm. In the package you will also receive delrin 510 drip tip, height of this drip tip is 11.3mm as well, but inner diameter at the top is 3.5mm. Both drip tips are very comfortable for using, but usally I use the pmma drip tip. You can use here any other 510 drip tip without any problems.

[​IMG]

Galaxies mtl rta is top fill atomizer, so on the top there is engravings so you can grab the top cap easily and unscew it, it is not hard to unscrew the top cap, basically you can fill the atomizer pretty much fast. When you unscrew the top cap you can see two big holes for e liquid, so I belive you will have no problems even with bigger tips.
    I would like to say that there is no any leaking when you fill the tank, you don't have to close the airflow, just fill the tank and screw back the top cap and you can vape wtihout leaking.

[​IMG]

It comes with pre installed regular glass tank, capacity of the regular glass tank is 3ml, which is good for mtl rta. Also in the package you will receive the bubble glass tank, which holds 5ml of e liquid, which in my opinion is great for mtl, average vaper will fill the bubble glass tank probably once a day. Galaxies mtl rta is also available with 2ml capacity, so if you want you can get 2ml version. Personally I like to use it with bubble glass tank, because it holds 5ml and I fill it twice a day which is great.
    When your tank is full, you can take off the base, because o ring that holds the glass is very good, so basically you can change the coil or your cotton if you like when your tank is full.
    Chamber has nice conical shape, which is always good because it improves the flavor. Chamber is very small which will also improve the flavor, diameter of the chamber is only 13.5mm.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Build deck is very simple, there is nothing complicated when you want to place your coil here, screws are good and screws locks even thin wire without problems. In the package you will receive two coils, both coils are the same, inner diameter of the coil is 2.5mm, ni80 wire, resistance of the coil is 1ohm. Also you will receive piece of cotton that you can use. I tried here coils from the package and I also tried kanthal coil with 2mm diameter and 2.5mm diameter, later I will tell you what I think that works best here in my opinion. After you put the cotton through the coil you just place it down in the wicking slots and don't push it down too hard, just place it inside to cover the holes and you will have no problems with dry hits or leaking.
    Under the coil you can see the airflow hole and we have two airflow adapters to choose from. One airflow adapter will be pre installed, the other one will be in the box. You can't use it without adapters, you always need to have one installed. Each adapter has two different airflow holes. So, first one has two holes for airflow, each hole is 1.1mm in diameter and this one also has one hole for airflow, this hole is 1.3mm in diameter. With second adapter you also has two options for airflow, first is with one hole, diameter of the hole is 1.6mm, second one is also with one hole, size of the second hole is 2.6mm x 1.2mm. So you have 4 different holes under the coil to choose from, which is very good because you can adjust it how you think that works best for you. What I like here is that you can change the adapeter without taking the coil out which is very good, you only need to pull up the cotton a little bit in order to slide in the adapter. From the side you can see one screw that holds the adapter in place, so just unscrew it and replace the adapter, very easy in my opinion.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

On the base we have the gearwheel airflow contol. On the bottom you can see the gearwheel on each side and we can use both or we can use only one. Gearwheel works good, it has nice tension on it and you can't easily move it randomly, it's possible that it can be moved in the pocket, but usually it won't probably move. On the gearwheel you can see some details that helps with airflow adjustment and on each gearwheel you can see the numbers. We have 2 numbers on each, on the first one we have I and II, on the second one we have III and IV.
    Size of the holes:
    I - 0.8mm
    II - 1.4mm
    III - 1.2mm
    IV - 1.6mm

Basically here we have 8 airflow options with the airflow control. We can use only one hole or we can use any combination with holes. So galaxies rta has 8 ariflow control options and 4 options with adapters, which is very good because anyone can adjust the airflow the way he likes the best, very big pro for that. If you like tight airflow you can adjust it, if you like loose mtl airflow you can also make it loose, very, very nice airflow combinations.

[​IMG]

Using the rta

Let's start from the drip tip, personally I like both drip tips, drip tips are shaped very nice and drip tips are very comfortable for using, but as I said I like to use pmma drip tip, but in case that you want to use your own 510 drip tip you can. There is some condensation under the drip tip so you need to clean it once a day, basically this is only con that I could find on this rta, but anyway condensation is normal so it's nothing big.
    Filling the tank is not hard and there is no pressure when you screw back the top cap so there will be no any leaking. If you wick the rta properly there will be no leaking or dry hits.
    As I already said, you can very easy place the coil here, I tried 2mm coil and 2.5mm coil, personally I think that galaxies rta works better with 2.5mm coils because of the design, but you may find it better with 2mm coils. I use it at 12w with 1.2ohm coil resistance, vapor production is really good. Flavor on this one is outstanding, very good flavor, it has small chamber and chamber has nice conical shape, plus we have a lot of airflow combination which will give very good and intense flavor.
    For me bubble glass tank is a big plus because I can fill the tank only two times a day, yes I vape a lot, 5ml capacity is great for me, but if you like small capacity you can always use regular glass with 3ml capacity or you can go with tpd edition with 2ml capacity.
    I think that galaxies mtl rta is very good atomizer that works very good and it has a lot of airflow options, so you basically can adjust the atomizer the way you like it.

Cons:

- Condensation under the drip tip

Pros:

- Build quality
    - Easy coil buid
    - A lot of airflow options, huge pro
    - Very good flavor
    - Bubble glass with 5ml capacity
    - Comfortable drip tips (subjective)
    - Nice design (subjective)
    - No leaking
    - Coils and cotton in the package