Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Vandy vape NS PEN review

Discussion in 'Vape Reviews' started by wiz4vape, Oct 11, 2018.

1. wiz4vape

wiz4vape Member

Device:
    Aegis and zeus
    Juice:
    Heisenberg
    Vandy vape NS pen comes in few different colors:

- Matte black
    - Stainless steel
    - Gun metal
    - Rainbow

[​IMG]

Specification:

- Lenght: 128mm
    - Diameter: 14mm
    - Tank capacity: 1.5ml
    - Battery capacity: 650mah
    - Material: Glass, stainless steel, zinc alloy

In the box:

- Ns pen
    - Usb cable
    - Spare parts
    - Warranty card
    - Two coils
    - Manual

[​IMG]

Ns pen is device from Vandy vape, this device is made for mtl vaping, this device is very simple device for using and you can adjust voltage here. NS device is made for high nicotine e liquids or nic salts. The device is made out of stainless steel and zinc aloy, build quality is good and everything is well machined. The NS Pen Kit is available in 4 Colors, matte black, SS, gunmetal and rainbow, I have stainless steel one. Considering the size of the device, you can pretty much carry the device anywhere you go.

So, lets start from the top, here on this device we have the magnetic cap that covers the drip tip, this magnetic cap will protect the drip tip from the dust when you are not using the device, magnet is pretty much strong and there is no any chance that cap can fall out and what I like a lot with this cap is that you can attach it on the bottom of the device when you vape, so probably you will not lose the cap.
    On this device we have removable drip tip, this is 510 drip tip and this drip tip stays very nice in the place, also if you like you can use here your own 510 drip tip without any problems. This one is very comfortable for using and this is the real mtl drip tip, height of the drip tip is 17mm (with part that goes in the top cap), inner diameter of the hole is little bit smaller than 3mm.

[​IMG]

This is top fill tank, so under the drip tip you can see the top cap and you will need to unscrew the top cap so you can fill the tank. Top cap has engraved details that helps when you want to unscrew the top cap and fill the tank. Threads on the top cap are good and you will have no problems to unscrew this part. When you take off the top cap you can see two holes for e liquid, usually I use gorilla bottles and gorilla bottles fits here without any problems, but bottles with bigger tips than gorilla won't fit, so I suggest gorilla bottles for this one.
    Next we have the tank, I like here that glass tank is covered with stronger material, basically you probably won't break the glass if you drop the device on flat surface, you can't see it very clear on the picture, but glass is basically little bit inside and if you drop the device it should survive. Because of the design of the top part you can easily grab the tank with one hand and with the other one you can unscrew the top cap without any problems. As I said, glass is kinda protected but you still should be careful because if you break the glass you will need to buy the new one. Capacity of the tank is 1.5ml, which is okay for small device and with nic salts this capacity is fine. Also under the tank, actually under the threads between the tank and the battery you can see one o ring that prevents leaking. Diameter of the chimney is also little bit smaller than 3mm, same as diameter of the drip tip, which is very good for flavor.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

In the package you will receive two coils and device will not have the coil inside, so you need to install one of the coils. One coil is ss coil and it has 1.2ohm resistance, the other one is ceramic coil and it also has 1.2ohm resistance, as manufacturer says, coils works best at 9w. You can very easy install the coil here, in order to install the coil you will need to unscrew the tank and then you can install the coil on the base, threads on the battery are good. Before you fill the tank you need to prime the coil to prevent dry hits and when the coil is well saturated you can fill the tank, after that you can vape right away and you don't have to wait.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Battery has very clean look, without many details, so on the battery you can only see on the bottom engraved "NS" and you can see from the bottom engraved "Designed and manufactured by Vandy vape".
    On the top of the battery, right under the tank you can see two airflow holes, holes are pretty small, which is perfect for mtl device. Next you can see the fire button, the fire button is clicky, it protrudes and it is not hard to find it on the device.
    From the bottom of the device you can see the usb port and you will use it to charge the battery. Device has built in battery with 650mah capacity, which is pretty much fine for the device of this size, especially if you use high nicotine e luiquid and also considering that some similar devices has less battery capacity, this is not bad at all. Charging time is 1h and you can use this device when the device is on the charger, usb port is from the bottom and it won't bother you while you vaping, but anyway I suggest not to vape while your device is on the charger. When the device is on the charger the part around the usb port will glow in red color, but once when battery is full light will be green.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is very simple device for using, to turn it on you need to click 5 times on the fire button, to turn it off you also need to click 5 times on the fire button. When the device is on you can adjust the output power. NS pen has constant output voltage until battery capacity goes down to certain capacity and after that this device will work in bypass mode, basically power will depend on battery capacity and device will deliver less and less power till battery drops to 3.2volts and then device will turn off.

So here you can adjust the power:

- You can set the power at 3.4V, so, when the battery is fully charged the device will still work at 3.4V, but when capacity of the battery is less than 3.4 volts the device will work in bypass mode

- You can set the power at 3.6V, so when the battery is fully charged the device will still work at 3.6V, but when capacity of the battery is less than 3.6 volts the device will work in bypass mode

-You can set the power at 3.8V, so when the battery is fully charged the device will still work at 3.8 volts, but when capacity of the battery is less than 3.6 volts the device will work in bypass mode

To set the power you need to click 3 times on the fire button and then the light around the fire button will change the color, every time when you click 3 times on the fire button you will change the power, so if the light around the fire button is in red color that means that device is at 3.4 volts, if the light around the fire button is in green color that means that device is at 3.6 volts and if the light around the fire button is in white color that means that device is at 3.8volts. Also every time when you hold the button you will see the light around the fire button showing the power.

The device protections:
    - 10s cut-off
    - Short-circuit protection
    - Low-power protection

How this device works:

First, I would like to say that this device is very comfortable for using and I like the fact that I can carry this device anywhere, basically, when I go out I can easly put the device in my pocket, also I like the fact that I can use the magnetic cap to protect the drip tip from the dust, which means that drip tip will be always clean.
    I tried here 2 different e liquids, first liquid that I tried was tobacco and cherry, and when I vape I taste tobacco and cherry in the background , also I tried one of my favorite e liquids, heisenberg and I can say that coolada is dominant here with berries in the background, so for this kind of the device I can say that flavor is very solid.
    I like the airflow, this is very restrictive mtl device, which I like of course, it is ment for someone that want to quit cigarettes or for people that like restrictive mtl vape. Vapor production is good, best vapor production is at 3.8volts and even if you use the less power there is still more vapor than smoke on regular cigarette. Throat hit with 8mg nicotine is soft, but with 24mg is pretty much good, which is the point with this device. Capacity of the tank is 1.5ml which can be small capacity to someone, but you can very easy refill the atomizer in just few seconds and you will probably use nic salts so if you ask me capacity is fine. Battery capacity is perfect for this device.
    I use here liquids with 60-40% vg-pg and coils works very good, there is no any dry hits, coil is always well saturated and also there is no leaking whatsoever.
    This device has no battery indicator and this is the only thing that can bother you here maybe. Basically everything else is very good here, very nice build quality,solid flavor, very simple device that you can use with you nic salts and you never have to worry that your drip tip will be dirty cuz you have the magnetic cap here. So this device can be very good for someone that want to quit cigarettes or even for experienced vapers that like to use nic salt liquids.

Vandy vape NS pen

[​IMG]