Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Two hours of practice in the heat and humidity

Discussion in 'New Vapers Forum' started by zhangzk, Jan 13, 2020.

1. zhangzk

zhangzk New Member

Device:
    daf
    Juice:
    geg
    RICHMOND Dwayne Haskins Jersey White , Va. (AP) — weren’t enough for Pete Robertson.As dripping teammates slowly ambled to the locker room and showers Sunday, Robertson lined up on one sideline and sprinted across the field to the other sideline. Then and back, over and over again, for extra conditioning.As the linebacker tries to make it all the way back from a debilitating back injury that threatened to take football away for good, he’s leaving nothing to chance as he tries to make the Washington Redskins.“It’s been a long journey,” he said.A very effective pass rusher at Texas Tech, Robertson figured to be drafted before he herniated a disk in his back while working out before the draft. The injury led to a pinched nerve, and after Robertson insisted on running at his Pro Day workout for scouts, he never heard his name called during the NFL draft.He signed a free agent deal with the Seattle Seahawks, but didn’t stick, and had been working the graveyard shift loading trucks at UPS for three months when his agent called. The Redskins were interested.Before hanging up, Robertson told him, “‘They aren’t ever going to let me go’ and I’ve been here ever since.”And more and more, he seems likely to stick around for a while.“Petey has been unbelievable,” fifth-year coach Jay Gruden said before a recent practice. “Yeah, he’s been great. Very, very athletic, and you’re talking about a guy that can possibly help on special teams, as your fourth or fifth linebacker, and he’s one because he can run.”When the Redskins signed Robertson last December, they initially used him at running back on the scout team because of a need there. He got in four games and made two tackles late in the season. A defensive end in college, the team has since tried him at inside linebacker, Gruden said, but “that wasn’t quite his cup of tea.”“We moved him back down as an outside linebacker/defensive end in nickel. He’s done very, very well.”And made an impression on teammates with his willingness to work.“You know Wes Martin Jersey , when we had a lot of guys down and out, he got a lot of reps and you could see the burst that he has and the speed,” offensive tackle Morgan Moses said. “He brings another aspect to the game and he works hard, man.“There’s not one thing you tell him to do that he’s not going to do it. You tell him to go get some water 50 yards down the field, he’s going to run and get water 50 yards down the field. He just has that mentality.”It’s an appreciation of a second chance Robertson wasn’t sure he’d get.The thought that football might be in his past “went through my mind every night, every morning,” he said. “Before I went to bed, when I woke up. … I knew it wasn’t the end of the road for me. I knew it wasn’t. I never gave up on the dream, but you always have that thought in the back of your mind: ‘Is this it?'”In the offseason, Robertson added back the 30 pounds he’d lost while away from the game during day-long weekday workouts with his cousin, Redskins star left tackle Trent Williams. Williams was rehabbing after a right knee injury, and Robertson knew he had to make a big impression once the Redskins opened training camp.So far, he’s doing just that, and enjoying it every step of the way.“I wouldn’t trade it for nothing,” he said. PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Carson Wentz was at his best back on the move again.Wentz tossed two touchdown passes, Darren Sproles ran for a score and the Philadelphia Eagles stayed in the hunt for the NFC East title with a 28-13 victory over the depleted Washington Redskins on Monday night.The Eagles (6-6) won consecutive games for the first time since Nick Foles led them to a Super Bowl victory over the Patriots. The Redskins (6-6) lost backup quarterback Colt McCoy to a serious right leg injury in his second game replacing Alex Smith, who broke his right tibia and fibula on Nov. 18. Mark Sanchez took his place.Redskins coach Jay Gruden said after the game that, from what he understands, McCoy fractured his fibula and will miss the rest of the season.Adrian Peterson ran 90 yards for a touchdown on Sanchez's first play under center, giving the Redskins a 10-7 lead. It was the longest run Philadelphia has allowed in franchise history but Washington's lead didn't last long.Wentz, who hasn't scrambled much since returning in Week 3 from surgery to repair two knee ligaments, didn't run for any yards. But he ran around and made big plays when he improvised and on designed rollouts."Anytime he can extend plays with his legs, he's such a great athlete, that's an advantage to the offense," coach Doug Pederson said. "Being able to do that allows us to stay on the field. He's gifted in doing that. It comes natural to him."Sproles put Philadelphia up 14-10 on a 14-yard TD run in the second quarter. Wentz tossed a 4-yard TD pass to Jordan Matthews and connected with Golden Tate on a 2-point conversion to extend the lead to 22-13 early in the fourth quarter.The Eagles twice failed to score inside the red zone and still managed their second-highest point total this season.They had a first down at the Redskins 2 in the second quarter Womens Bryce Love Jersey , but Josh Adams was stopped for a loss on fourth down from the 1.They had a first down at the Redskins 5 in the third quarter, but Wentz threw an interception right to Josh Norman.Wentz finished 27 of 39 for 306 yards. He came out firing and led the Eagles to a score on their opening drive for only the third time season.First, he scrambled out of the pocket, motioned Tate to go deep and lofted a 19-yard pass down the left sideline on a first-and-15. Wentz finished the drive by firing a 6-yard TD pass on the run to Tate."Play-action, bootlegs, nakeds, getting me on the edge, gives me a chance to make plays and we used that effectively," Wentz said.Dustin Hopkins kicked field goals of 47 and 44 yards for Washington."We have to get a plan ready for Mark moving forward," Gruden said. "We've got to play great football around him, which we didn't do tonight."SANCHIZE TIMESanchez, a former first-round pick who led the New York Jets to consecutive AFC championship games in his first two seasons, is now a starter for the first time since he played for the Eagles in 2015."I'm grateful for the opportunity. I was praying for the opportunity," he said, adding his "heart definitely breaks for" McCoy and Smith.WELCOME BACKSproles scored his first TD since Dec. 22, 2016. Sproles only played three games last season before he tore a knee ligament and broke his forearm on the same play. He was sidelined since Week 1 this year because of a hamstring injury."I'm really happy for him," center Jason Kelce said. "I don't usually know who is back there but when I saw it was him and he got in the end zone, I had a big sense of joy. He's a phenomenal guy."RECORD SETTERZach Ertz broke Brian Westbrook's franchise record for receptions in a season. Ertz has 93 catches and is closing in on Jason Witten's single-season record (110) for tight ends. Westbrook had 90 catches in 2007."That's awesome, but I'm sure he's just happy we won," Wentz said.INJURIESRedskins: LG Jonathan Cooper (arm), RB Tony Bergstrom (ankle), CB Fabian Moreau (knee) and LB Ryan Anderson (hamstring) left the game.Eagles: DT Tim Jernigan (back spasms) left in the first quarter and LT Jason Peters came out on the final series with an undisclosed injury.UP NEXTRedskins: Host the New York Giants (4-8) on Sunday.Eagles: Visit the Dallas Cowboys (7-5) on Sunday.