Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Tried a disposable & it made me sick. Is this what to expect from vaping?

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by apple, Oct 6, 2015.

1. apple

apple New Member

Hi All,
    I thought I'd try a Lava Hooka disposable ecig today to see what it's like. Shortly afterwards I started to feel really .comseous and extremely drowsy, it's now been 2 1/2 hours since I tried it & I still feel sick & really tired. I also have a terrible dirty, gritty after taste in my mouth. Is this a common side effect of disposable ecigs? I looked on the label & it only had PG stuff in it no VG could this be what's making me sick?
    I would like to know if anyone else has had this problem with disposables, but no bad side effects with vaping with juice? It's kinda put me off purchasing all the stuff only to find out it's going to make me sick & sleepy all the time.
    The good news is when I tried it I was craving a cigarette, but after the first couple of drags I was no longer craving. I only had about 6 drags.
    Thanks.

2. dyeer

dyeer New Member

I've never tried a disposable e-cig, but would not be surprised if this was not uncommon. They're generally sold in servos, convenience stores and 2 dollar shops. None of which inspire much confidence with stocking quality products (or proper stock rotation). The cheapest ones I've had were cig-a-like's for about 20 bucks. They were pretty crappy in comparison to an Ego-T for example, but they never made me feel sick. The other possibility is some kind of reaction to either the PG, or the dodgy flavours/other ingredients in the cheap ecigs.

3. jessthemessica

jessthemessica New Member

I haven't tried disposable ecigs so I can't tell you my experience. Being .comseous can mean that the nic in the cigarette is too high although I don't think nic can make you drowsy. The gritty taste is probably from the flavor of the ecig. Some flavors can taste like dirt, some flavors can taste chemical but it's dependent on one's taste buds. Using a disposable to test out ecig probably isn't the best way since the quality is low. Hope this helps.

4. Mahthula

Mahthula New Member

REAL vaporizers shouldn't make you sick.......PG or VG can .comse adverse reactions in some people, but usually(not always and not with all people) they can get used to it. These disposables are produced usually by BT or associated companies and often contain chemicals and such like that, while less toxic than cigarettes, are still more toxic than the PV's and DYI juices most of us use. We who make our own juices have just a couple of ingredients in them, that being :double/concentrate/tripler flavour, PG/VG @ various ratios and nic juice at varying strengths............Garmel, ask questions here and you shall receive answers, we WILL help you as much as possible with the best advice we can, and trying to point you in the right direction with what to buy and how to set it up..................right, well, over to you then

5. P0rnMaster

P0rnMaster New Member

I bought one disposable in the beginning, it was horrible. I then googled and found this site. A friend helped interoperate the lingo. :cool:
    The rest is history (happy history) mostly. ;)

Ask questions and search. There are plenty if helpful ppl here

6. Texola

Texola New Member

Sorry just read the original post properly. Do you you have any vapers near you that can show you how to vape and give you a try of some decent equipment