Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

To Dewick or not to Dewick your atty that is the question ?

Discussion in 'Vape Modding and Technical' started by Aleph, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Aleph

Aleph New Member

Hi,

At home I am mainly a dripper (ecigs that is). For the last 2 weeks, I have just started dewicking any new atties that I intend to drip with.

I thought it may help extend the life and flavor of my atties. Certainly hasn't made the flavor worse, but cant say I actually notice an improvement either. I don't often get the burnt taste anyway i am always keeping them wet so i dont pop them, and if i err its on the flooding side. One of my dewicked 306's died after 2 weeks so I cant really say it extended the life either.

Do others Dewick their atties and do you notice a difference?

2. aminalina

aminalina New Member

gday.

everyone is different but me... if anything i just de bridge but leave wick :D

3. dudioky

dudioky New Member

I've dewicked once.. didn't notice any improvement at all and never have done so since.

I have currently a standard resistance 510 atty that has been going for about 4 or 5 weeks now, with the wick/bridge still in (just like it came in the packet) and still going strong with no problems

4. benno60

benno60 New Member

The only advantage that I've noticed is that you can swap flavours very quickly with a debridged/dewicked atty. Good for trying new mixes if you DIY.

5. zeshawn

zeshawn New Member

actually i dont really even de bridge. i half debridge lol

i just remove the silver mesh like stuff but leave the metal bridge. i just find its more accurate to drip into :D and feel the juice goes where i want it to instantly :D

but really no THAT big of a dif or deal i guess hehe

6. Spiricore

Spiricore New Member

thanks for your feedback. Yeah I have stopped de wicking now. Just be.comse i didn't really notice a difference, although I think the point about swapping flavors is a good one.

7. ezulin

ezulin New Member

thought id give it a go today with a 510 atty that started to go bad when a strand of polyfill got stuck to the bridge which left a horrible taste that never went away. debridged and dewicked, tastes much better when compared to another one with bridge and wick intact.

couple of downsides, can only take one drop at a time and it leaks a little easier. maybe i stuffed something up in the process?