Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Thinking of buying Apolla VTube Stainless steel as first mod, good idea?

Discussion in 'Vape Mod Talk' started by AsH!, May 6, 2015.

1. AsH!

AsH! Guest

Hi,

I'd like to buy my first mod this week, and I love the looks and quality build of the Apollo Vmod. Do you think this is the right choice as a first mod? I can get it for the price of 49£

Apollo VTube

2. [MENTION=7064]Sv3nne[/MENTION] what PV are you currently using?

3. truth!

truth! Guest

I got a eGo mega dual coil kit from Altsmoke, recently 1 of the 650mah batteries went dead, I got the 1000mah eGo twist as my 2nd battery now

4. S.O.S.

S.O.S. Guest

I don't know much about the Apollo, but I went from and eGo to an Omega and I have a Prodigy, both top notch, but neither are VV.

Have you considered a LavaTube, or Buzzpro, or Vmax?

5. Paxman

Paxman Guest

apollo vtube is the same as a lavatube. Imo you would be better off buying another type of VV PV or get a couple more twists. I have read too many bad reviews of lavatubes. unless you get a couple of them so you have a spare when the first one breaks.

6. Winnie:

Winnie: Guest

[MENTION=7064]Sv3nne[/MENTION] doesn't live in the US, maybe Belgium? so the availability may be different.

Why do you want a mod or what do you want from a mod that you are not getting from your Ego?

7. PorcelainSky

PorcelainSky Guest

I saw the prodigy yesterday, they look amazing but a little too expensive for me. The Apollo lavatube is in stainless steel and only 49GBP, the bad parts in normal lava tubes are upgraded in this mod, no?

8. QuayLime

QuayLime Guest

I am sorry as far as I know the new stainless ones do not have the problems that the plastic capped ones have.

9. Alessio

Alessio Guest

I have a lavatube and have had no problems with it at all. Good luck for me!! I do have a provari and like it too. Im sure you will like your purchase.

10. sezoor

sezoor Guest

The lavatubes that are from Apollo are built by L-Rider and are not the ones that had the problems so you're okay.

11. rhyannakitty

rhyannakitty Guest

I ordered one, can't wait for it! :D

Thank you guys for the quick response, helped a lot!

12. rosco

rosco Guest

Please let us know what you think of it once you've had time to try it out. :)

13. oolp__lifeoo

oolp__lifeoo Guest

VERY nice choice! I had the Apollo SS VTube! It is very durable with NO problems at all! I do recommend using the Boge 3.0 ohm cartos so you can bring the BEST performance out of the device! I used the 3.0 cartos because there was hardly any drop in VOLTAGE! You will get the BEST performance using the 3.0 ohm! I hope this HELPS?! Take care and HAPPY VAPING! :D

14. jupiter

jupiter Guest

Just ordered some low res boge carto's from health cabin last week, but I'll keep it in mind for next order.

Thx for the advice ;)

Now 1 thing left on my list => Phiniac Tank

15. Belie

Belie Guest

The BEST TANK you can you use on ANY mod HANDS DOWN! :D

16. jlt_

jlt_ Guest

you will like the Vtube. I have the stainless in regular and mini and they work great for me. I actually have 4 lavatubes total and have never had any problems with them. stay away from dual coil cartos though.

17. darrinb

darrinb Guest

I think you will be very happy with it. I have 2 standards, I use to have a mini but traded it. The battery life was just too short. I have ordered 4 Vtubes from Apollo now and they gave great cusyomer service and the best price anywhere. The SS is so much nicer than the plastic topped ones. They are quite heavy and feel like a nice solid PV. Not to mention they look great. I love mine. I do wish they had a higher amp limit as you really can't run anything dual coil on it and even the 1.5 ohm stuff is not great IMO but as long as you use 2 ohm or more you wont be disappointed. I actually use either 2.5 or 3 usually. I am very happy with mine and you can't beat the price. I hope you used the 30% off code. Let us know how you like it. :D

18. IcyIzzy

IcyIzzy Guest

the battery life on the mini is shorter but I find it's perfect to take with me when I go out for a few hours and don't need the vape time or if I do then I'll bring an extra battery with me. I find I get fewer strange looks with the mini because the regular stainless is major bling.

19. thoresh

thoresh Guest

Yep, I got my 30% discount, I got it for about 75$, what a bargain :D

20. gamingenius

gamingenius Guest

All Lavatubes are built by L-rider as far as i know.

Id be careful with the vtube. I was reading something the other day where they were supposed to have stainless caps but when people received them they were just chrome plated plastic.Just inspect it when you get it because there have been lots of complaints on the other forum about bad threads and buttons too. The good news is Apollo is trying to take care of the issues. Not sure if they fixed that or not yet . It is a lavatube but if its your first VV you should be happy with it.

Also it was recomended to use a 510-510 adaptor on it and not keep using the original threads.

Not sure if its ok to post the link from the other forum.