Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

The DaVinci Mod

Discussion in 'Vape Mod Talk' started by AgenceJele, Jun 12, 2015.

1. AgenceJele

AgenceJele New Member

Well, my next attempt at modding has got off to a slow start.

Normally my reaction to the modding bug is to grab some aluminium and start turning away.

This time I am taking my time, partly because the titanium that I am going to use is expensive :grin: but mainly because I want to do the best job possible. In the past I have made fairly basic mods. They have all been turned out of aluminium or stuffed into pipes. I did make a variable voltage mod a couple of years ago, but it was as a valve radio is to an mp4 player :D

I have decided to deviate from this rush to make a cosmetic failure, but functionally sound thing into a short run of mods designed to be as futureproof as possible. So, the plan is to make a titanium 18650 battery holder, but incorporate the DNA 20 electronics. However we all know something better/different will come out soon. Therefore I am aiming to use an internal sheath made using 3d printing to hold the electronics in place. a removable end cap will allow the electonics to be removed and another sheath designed for different electronics to be inserted. Even the incorporation of a USB port could be built in to the design, for future use. All held within an electro-polished, hard chrome plated-titanium tube.

The idea is to simply make something that works, is both functional and almost a simplistic work of art

Not that I am aiming my sights high :laugh:

However, as I am very shortly going to be ok for PVs, my 3.7v low-res pipe mod, by brilliant Lavatube, my Vamo (in post :D), and a tesla that is going to be ordered too :D (see my thread about the bug biting hard) and my first try with clearomisers (I have some of them coming as well)

Anyhow, I plan on spending a little time playing with CAD modelling and very high precision machining tolerances and then using very high quality plating processes to make something that is incredibly lightweight, tough and classically designed. I then plan on using a variety of 3 axis machining and 3d printing to make the mod. I do have to fit this around building my own business. Currently I have.....

a tube :cryinghysterically2:

I will post pictures and also 3d models I am waiting for the DNA 20 to come so I can work out some fine details. However even if this whole thing takes a few months, I am in no rush. It will also be interesing to see responses to the design based on 3d models as well..... It would be a real insight into what the community thinks is important in a mod. and although this would not be a quick process, it would save the time and expense of machining a length of titanium worth maybe £150 ($200) and then saying "bugger" :smiley-angry050:

Anyhow, I would not hold your breath for postings here, it will be fits and starts.

(The name is purely becuse Tesla has a MOD named after him, and The Original Leonardo has to beat that :D

2. anemicLS

anemicLS New Member

Sorry to burst the naming bubble but there is already a vaporizer on the market called "The DaVinci"
    View attachment 8450

Other than that I'm excited to watch your progress:):)

3. torneo55

torneo55 New Member

that looks like a vaporizer for the "other" kind of stuff ??