Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

The Art of Steeping

Discussion in 'Vape DIY Juice / Recipes / Mixing' started by VirtualBusyBee, Mar 1, 2016.

1. VirtualBusyBee

VirtualBusyBee Member

Device:
    Fuchai
    Juice:
    Finleys 7
    When it comes to steeping, the reality is that it takes some time for PG and especially VG to properly soak up all of the flavor molecules. Giving it that extra time will greatly enhance the flavor of the juice. I've found that fruity flavors tend to require the least amount of steeping time. Tobacco flavors need a little bit more time to steep and the more creamier, dessert flavors tend to take the longest time to reach their flavor peak. I usually steep for at least two weeks, but have found that some flavors take longer and some juices may be good right out of the bottle. Some people like to steep their juice for 2-3 weeks, while others might even go for months. It is all subjective, so you can steep for as long as you want, but just make sure you are not going past the expiration date on the bottle! Another way I like to speed up the steeping process is shaking the bottles and then running the bottles under warm tap water or some kind of other heat source. The heat from the water gets the molecules moving around faster, therefore speeding up the process. Then I take the cap off and place them in a cool, dark place for two hours. After the two hours I put the cap back on and shake well. Then I squeeze the excess air out of the bottle which recycles the oxygen throughout the e-juice. I usually repeats this process a few times as it takes a lot more time, effort and precision than steeping or breathing e-juice. The whole point of steeping e-juice is to get the maximum flavor out of the juice, so if it tastes good to me, then at this point I'm done. I've also found that if I've been steeping a bottle for months and it still doesn’t taste right, than the juice just sucks and I toss it.