Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Testing gear for noob DIY

Discussion in 'Vape DIY Juice / Recipes / Mixing' started by paradox slayer, Jan 10, 2016.

1. paradox slayer

paradox slayer New Member

Hi all. I am shortly going to start making my own DIY juice creations. So far I have only used clearos and don't know much about the other equipment.

I want to be able to drip test small volumes of what I make without getting into rebuildable mech mod dripping aty whatevers.

Any suggestions on a cheap and simple set up for testing small volumes of juice out?

Thanks in advance

2. Angry Grandma .

Angry Grandma . Member

let me know when you are ordering your nic magoo.
    Maybe we can split postage

3. Leah

Leah New Member

A bridgeless 306 or 510 atty is what you want.

Unfortunately not many vendors sell them any more.

They are pretty good too, the first micro coil small chamber atties from way back in 2004 :)

Some links
    http://houseofvape.com.com/vape/cartomizers-atomizers/smoktech-dual-coil-atomizer/

http://juicewhore.com.com/510-atomisers/

4. genocyde

genocyde New Member

5. wmai0zzmyuf

wmai0zzmyuf New Member

I was looking for same thing when I started mixing. Apparently you used to be able to get a cartomizer like device that you dripped onto coil, no wick, but I couldn't find any and think they are a thing of the past. I ended up getting a Magma RDA. I did find a thread somewhere where people were describing getting cartomizers and pulling out the internal wicking, leaving a coil that could be used for dripping purposes, but needs to be a specific type of cartomizer, and again couldn't find them (tried with some boges but not at all suitable).

Maybe some more experienced around here might be able to help you, but for me, I bit the bullet and started rebuilding. Was surprised how easy it was in the end, haven't used anything else since.

Another thing you could try is just getting cheap disposable clearos to use for each flavour, a bit wasteful but they can be had for around a dollar each I believe on some sites, but if your mixing lots of flavours may get expensive. Keep in mind too that RDA's and rebuildables in general have much better flavour, so are probably the best option to really taste what is going on in your mixes.

Good luck

EDIT: Beaten above, they are the things I was looking for :)

6. Pathanync

Pathanync New Member

7. chris m

chris m New Member

I now use one of my Sophia's. Just close it up and drip. Same as killer, diver etc.

8. jan

jan New Member

hh357 is a fantastic atty flavour wise anyway, its not a cloud atty by any means but for getting a real taste for a juice i still dont think its been beaten

9. eviviox

eviviox New Member

Never tried one of them, don't suppose they have a hole through the centre post so you could use it in a bottom feeder?

10. flangolla

flangolla New Member

squonking?

11. #yosiber1907

#yosiber1907 New Member

Is the future :)

12. starkweather123

starkweather123 New Member

magoo - i spent ages testing diy with 510 and 306 bridgeless atomisers - i wish i hadnt - i wish id moved straight into a rebuildable dripper with premade coils to start with - $2.04 Pre-made Wires and Wicks for Atomizer (50-Pack) 50-pack - 32 AWG / 1.5ohm / 1-wick at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

coils like this are readily available cheap - connect one end to positive and the other to negative and youll get much better results

you'll save a lot of money - you just need a simple rebuildable dripper with adjustable ariflow

13. SacredDB

SacredDB New Member

Yup a rebuildable is going to be better and probably even less hassle in the long run, but can understand you not wanting to entertain the idea just yet.

I'd have a bet each way grab a couple of pre made atties and a cheap rebuildable dripper.

14. Aun

Aun New Member

I understand rebuildables can be a bit .comnting. I've had the same coil in my dripper for approximately 6 months. Every week or so i just need to give it a dry burn and replace the cotton wick (twice a week if using full time). If you can get someone close by to build a coil for a dripper, you'll easily be able learn to replace the cotton wick when needed. $15 dollar IgoL/W setup plus some cotton is all you need and it's up there with the best flavour you can get.

15. norski

norski New Member

16. kxqyabsiv

kxqyabsiv New Member

17. alex les

alex les New Member

Hi Avtek. Based on the feedback, your suggestion looks like it would suit me. Can you please give me links to all the items I need to order on Fasttech (i.e. the simple rebuildable dripper with adjustable airflow). Thanks

18. wraeth - PHA

wraeth - PHA New Member

magoo - what battery/mod/ego battery are u going to be using?

ie what device will the dripper be used with?

ps - am sure other avfers will have suggestions too - but id probably have a look at something like this if yer starting from scratch - came out over a year ago - ive never used one myself but its a popular easy to use design for good flavour http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10008108/1720800-atomic-style-rebuildable-dripping-atomizer
    the above is a cheap clone/copy of the original atomic reviewed below
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paEibcBa06g
    you can use it with the coils i linked above to start with in single coil mode - ie one coil only
    you attach one end of the coil to the centre post of the atomic and the other end of the coil attaches to one of the outer posts
    there are lots of vids on the atomic on youtube and a lot of avfers have used them and can advise if you have probs getting started
    have u got a drip tip?

19. britishpride

britishpride New Member

I have a few small batteries and an MVP2 and I have an eleaf I stick 20w on the way. Will they do the job?

I have a couple of clearos with removable tips. Is that what you mean? I have an Aerotank V2 on the way also which apparently has a drip tip according to fast tech.

20. BlackHawk99

BlackHawk99 New Member

great the mvp is perfect to test builds on as it has inbuilt protection - should be a good match for the 1.5 ohm coils - and will allow u to check the ohms etc

ur dript tip should work but i'd probably grab a couple of extra stainless steel drip tips for the atomic too - ive used these and they are good to give yourself some variety
    $1.73 Stainless Steel 510 Drip Tip - brushed at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
    $2.05 Stainless Steel + Acrylic 510 Drip Tip at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping this one is two piece

and these are good for your keyring $0.85 Mini Stainless Steel Screwdriver Keychain (2-Pack) 2-pack at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

good luck and let us kno how u go

ps - make sure you soak the stuff you get from fasttech in vodka for a day to clean it before u use - some people soak in vinegar if they havent got vodka