Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Started vaping today and need advice

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by inker19, Sep 4, 2015.

1. inker19

inker19 New Member

Hi Vapers. I got my new vaper today, an EVIC VT. pack a day smoker for 20 years and this is my last resort. I have juice that is 24mg. I coughed my guts up. Any advice on how to ease my way into it to get used to it, as in do I start it at a lower temperature? Also I have I litre of juice - any idea how long that might last for a pack a day smoker? Any help would be greatly appreciated. thx :disillusionment:

2. aninijed

aninijed New Member

Some people have trouble going to vaping from smokes, it will happen. Maybe let us know your settings, what percentage your juice is and what ohm your coil is. Hopefully we can help from there.

Gladstone qld

3. RonwafIntonxgh

RonwafIntonxgh New Member

Trying turning things down a bit and see how you go. 24mg is a handful for noobs if you're running too much power.

1 litre last? Depends on how hard you hit it. If we work on 5ml per day, that's 200 days! I hope you REALLY like that flavour! :)

4. xrpt1owbnzo

xrpt1owbnzo New Member

For us to help you we need a bit more info.

Like when you say you have 1ltr of juice, whats it called ? is it mixed with VG and PG does it have a brand name, where did you get it from.

Do you know how your eVic VT works and the different modes eg, Power Ni Ti do you understand the different types of coils ?

If your coil is rated under 1. ohm making it a sub ohm coil 24mg of nic would blow most peoples head off. what is the coil your using ?

Also when your new to vaping and making the switch make sure to drink lots of water and over the next month you'll be coughing up "greenies" it is the tar and shit from smoking not from the vape.

Lastly add your location to your profile you may get lucky and have someone willing to met up and help you through the basics.

5. knoten

knoten New Member

You can add some pg or VG or both to lower the nicotine content. That'll help alot.
    Good on you by the way!!!! Best thing you will ever do for yourself! I love kitties too :cat:

6. You remembered?

You remembered? New Member

Like me, you probably bought 24mg to make sure it worked! I realised quickly it was way too much especially vaping at 11 watts, so I dropped to 18mg and 7watts vaping and I found it was a lot smoother on the throat. I'm now down to 12mg after vaping for two months and was a 2 pack a day smoker. More info provided by you would help us help you as mentioned above. Good luck with quitting anologs and hope vaping works for you..

7. JanetteMe

JanetteMe New Member

double check your settings and drink plenty of fluids.
    What juice are you using? Might be able to dilute with another no nicotine flavour and see how it goes

8. AimundAid

AimundAid New Member

Definitely need to know the ohm of coil and pg/vg ratio of your juice, also is it a litre of flavoured nic or is it just a litre of 24mg nic your trying to vape.

Adelaide

9. hueykingman249

hueykingman249 New Member

Has catlover come back yet ?

Hope they're not suffering from nico head spins

10. Zortrox

Zortrox New Member

Hope they didn't buy a litre if 24mg nic and vaped it unmixed with juice.

Adelaide

11. Julie loves Hoochieboy!

Julie loves Hoochieboy! New Member

We are all different, I vape on subohm devgices with 24mg/ml @ 30W, I spend less time vaping than I used to when using 18mg/ml & go through less juice than I did then too. It doesn't matter what device I am using, I average 5ml of 24mg/ml per day, whether it's a subohm or non-subohm atty I'm using.

Nothing wrong with vaping unflavored juice, even 100% PG base wouldn't be that bad, there'd be very little vapor & the TH might be a bit harsh but it still would be better than smoking cancer sticks.

Welcome to Vape.to Catlover :)
    You don't mention which tank/atty you used, so I am going to guess that you bought the Evic VT kit & have the Ego One tank.
    The Ego One tank honestly is not very good, although the Evic VT is a good device, the trouble with that tank is the coils it uses, they do not wick juice fast enough, even when it's a high PG based juice. That can lead to dry or burnt hits & it sounds to me like you may be experiencing dry hits.
    A better tank will help greatly if that is the problem, something like the Aspire Nautilus or the Ceravape Nano (I prefer the Nano but you will need a 510-ego thread adapter) will deliver a better vaping experience than the Ego One.

Other things it could be are :
    Trying to vape with the wattage too high - One of the biggest mistakes some newbies make is not setting the wattage to compliment the ohms of their coil, the best idea to find the wattage that suits the coil is to start low & work your way up until you find the sweet spot (where flavor & fog are both good).
    PG/VG ratio - If you are using the Ego One with a high % VG juice, this will be contributing to the dry hits. I suggest trying a higher PG ratio like a 70/30 PG/VG.
    The nicotine content - 24mg/ml is possibly a little too high for you, I usually recommend newbies start on 18mg/ml. Though 24mg/ml is not too high generally, it just means you will need to vape less to get the same dose, while initially it may take some getting used to.
    How you are inhaling the vapor - the technique is a little different to smoking, when vaping & as newbies most of us coughed a bit when we started because of this.

12. its me

its me New Member

Why? 24mg is no different to 24 with flavour.

24mg is my standard mix and has been for years

13. rakunfake

rakunfake New Member

Thankyou for all your advice. My juice is just called "Nicotine" 24 mg that I got from myfreedomsmokes in the US. It says 50/50 PG/VG. I don't know what pg or vg mean. I have my evic set at 440 degrees farenheit, 35 W, and atomiser 0.2. Is the atomiser reading what you mean by the ohm of the coil? Sorry for being such a novice retard but am still coughing my guts up and get dizzy after 1 vape even tho i'm a long term smoker. thanks all

14. adpiytrxpf

adpiytrxpf New Member

Same here pretty much. I vape 24 at either .6 or 1.2, depending on the juice and gizmo I happen to be using. I'm doing about 5-6ml per day.

Indeed we're all different. I had to go up to 36mg at first to stop chaining, although back then we were using the little Joye 510s or Egos with bloody cartridges! With the kit we have now I very much doubt that would have been necessary.

Ahhh...... simpler times!

15. mjpbwsbsmd

mjpbwsbsmd New Member

Sounds like you have unflavored 24mg/ml nicotine @ 50/50 PG/VG (which means 50% PG 50% VG base). That ratio should be fine in most tanks but probably won't be so good in the Ego One (if that is what you have). Unflavored isnt bad, it is the safest ejuice to vape but i you want flavor you could buy some flavor concentrate & add a few drops in your tank, just get it from a vape store until you know what you are doing at least & have looked into DiY a bit more.

"atomiser 0.2" means the coil you are using is 0.2 ohms, it sounds like you are using the Nickel coil if it is the Ego One tank, some people are sensitive to Nickel & can taste a metalic taste when vaping on a coil that has nickel in it (like myself), others are allergic to nickel & get a more severe reaction to it, while most don't seem to mind it at all but it could be another thing contributing to your situation, I suggest trying the Kanthal coil & using regular wattage mode first.
    Give the new coil 5 minutes to soak up juice before you start vaping with it, this will help ensure you don't get dry hits initially but if it is the Ego One tank, you will only get about 3 maybe 4 puffs before getting a dry hit, unless you let the device rest between vapes for a few minutes.
    Honestly I think all your problems are tied to that tank, as it sounds very much like you got the Evic VT kit, which comes with the Ego One tank.
    Get a better tank & you will see a huge improvement, in the mean time use the Kanthal coil & be careful not to vape too many puffs at a time & you should get by until the new tank arrives.

Oh & don't be sorry, we were all newbies once & that is one of the main reasons forums like this exist, to help newbies get started.
    A pic or link to the item you purchased would help us to know what you actually have, so that we can help you better.

16. Hashchicdaf

Hashchicdaf New Member

If you want to pay postage I have a ijust 2 tc tank you can have for free and 4 new in packet ni200 coils, it takes a variety of different coils most suppliers would stock. Not the most expensive tank but very versitle with coil selection so you would be able to find what works for you with it and upgrade if needed from there.

Adelaide

17. Mid

Mid New Member

Yeah your right, I wasn't thinking straight. Was thinking of having to mix 100mg with juice to get 24 mg and it not being done, I haven't used nic for a while, but I got caught out first up and over did the nic levels when I started. Wasn't nice lol

Adelaide

18. sheloves_dablues

sheloves_dablues New Member

You want something above 1 ohm if you want to vape the way you smoke.
    I am not sure which tank you are using but 1.6ohms at 13-15w would be more suited for a beginner.
    You have an option to lower your nic by adding flavorings to unflavored nic also.

19. shawnkaa

shawnkaa New Member

Thumbs up for this... Sub ohm is not really where you want to start. Get a nautilus mini you will be much happier, round 10-15w, tighter draw like smoking analogues.

20. PedReemsRaw

PedReemsRaw New Member

I was gonna say, .2 ohm coil?? No wonder youre coughing.

Gladstone qld