Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

So you want to check your resistance??

Discussion in 'Vape Modding and Technical' started by bafffdonngh, Oct 23, 2015.

1. bafffdonngh

bafffdonngh New Member

Hi People

Saturday night home alone. Not seen the wife for a couple of hours. Gone to buy some eggs for breakfast. Mentioned something about a “Hen Party”. I’ve heard of Tupperware partys, but designer eggs, never heard of???

Anyway back to business. Every vapor needs a method of checking the integrity of their Atomizers, Cartos etc. Not many people have the necessary digital voltmeter or a Provari or other high end piece of kit that would make the job easy.

A few have Multimeters, but I guarantee that none of us have the three or four hands that are needed to do the job effectively. Enter the ************. You have to give it a name as I cant think of one at the moment’

Its effectively another connection fitted to a Digital Multimeter. Just screw in the atomizer and read of the Ohms after turning the selector switch to the correct designation.

I know Zain has posted an up coming addition to be made available from Madvapes. This is the unit that inspired my effort. Reason is I hate to wait for the postie, and the money is better spent at the bottle shop!!!

Its hard to put a cost on the mod as the Multimeter is very old and I already have the other bits needed.

Just a side note. The same setup will be used to read Voltage as well as resistance. I just need to make a cross over, but don’t nave the connection at the moment.

2. Angry Grandma .

Angry Grandma . Member

Forgot the important one!!!

3. gyperly

gyperly New Member

Where do you modding guys get all your screw in stuff and other gear to make mods? I have done a bit of searching and can't find anything and I wouldn't mind getting into the modding side of things .....

[EDIT : Nice work by the way :)]

4. peapbype

peapbype New Member

Screw in stuff????????

5. E-ma

E-ma New Member

Like the 510 screw in connectors, etc ...

6. pozegabett

pozegabett New Member

Or are they just gathered from old batteries that die or something?

7. rolfFlare

rolfFlare New Member

Ahh

The trick is to throw nothing away. A few of the vendors sell battery and atty connectors. From memory Juice whore sell 510 battery connectors. Madvapes is another one that has a fair selection of modding parts. Need to look at vendors with DIY, modding spare parts sections on their sites. Deal extreme and Ebay are favorites as well as Jaycar. Mostly my stuff is recycled Junk.

8. Preakalse

Preakalse New Member

Ahhhh excellent, thankyou very much :)

9. krk

krk New Member

Ecig SA also stock some modding parts

Sent from my personal mind control implant.

10. have_a_go_mate

have_a_go_mate New Member

Fark and here I was whinging to EiDuya about not being dexterous enough to deal with a multimeter. Brilliant work, Robray. :)

11. SexySoccerGurrl

SexySoccerGurrl New Member

tq

**********tc

12. KalleL

KalleL New Member

nice work robray I was thinking of getting a cheap multimeter from dollars and sense and rigging an atty connector on it :) we'll see how much the madvapes one is but a little DIY is always fun

13. futhspeehealf

futhspeehealf New Member

Im irresistible.