Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Second Try and Loving It!!!!

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by Chimichanga, Oct 26, 2014.

1. Chimichanga

Chimichanga New Member

Hi all!

Well this is my second try at eCigs. First attempt was a few years ago and I wasn't impressed at all, the hardware sucked, lots of dry hits and very inconvenient.

I can't believe how much things have changed!!!

First Order:
    VapeKing Deluxe Starter Kit - highly recommended from AV
    eLeaf iStick 20W Box Mod
    Aspire .comtilus MINI BVC Clearomizer Kit

I'm waiting for my nic juices (Nicoticket) to arrive before using the eLeaf+.comt MINI, so at the moment I'm using the 2 units in the Deluxe Kit. The kit came with 2 free Premium Juices from VK in which I chose Blizzard Ice and Smooth Tobacco. Very nice been so happy with them both.

Second Order:
    3x 10ml Cloud Chaser juices
    3x Aspire BVC MINI Nova Glassomizer
    1x Joye EGO XL Carrying Case

Of course there's a few questions. I'm under the impression that all this gear is in the beginner grade and I'm pretty happy with the Aspire gear. Is there any hardware at the next level anyone could recommend, e.g. Kanga, Atlantis Tank, etc?
    Coil replacement - How often do coils usually last in relation to use? I'm guessing you'll notice a change in taste when they die?
    Maintenance - Once a tank is finished and you will be swapping for another flavour of juice, is there any safe way to clean the hardware so the flavours don't mix?

And finally, the most important thing, no analogues since 7PM 31/1, energy increasing and just feeling good! Lots of people have asked about the eCig in hope of quitting, here's to hoping they follow the same path.

Kind Regards
    Jaymz

2. amiesqusasd2007

amiesqusasd2007 New Member

you got some nice starter gear there mate!

clearo coils last on average about a week but depends how often you vape, i would usually just take the coil head out and rinse the tank, u can put a new flavour in with the same coil but you'll still get the taste of the old flavour lingering.

maybe if your after more clouds and flavour, grab a clearo which uses organic cotton to wick such as the Kanger Subtank/Mini or Joyetech Delta 2 (The Aspire Atlantis are also brining out OCC coils i think), you may also want to get a slightly more powerfull mod cos the sub ohm clearos perform better with a bit more power, the istick 50w is coming out this week that would fit the bill nicely!

the step after that would be to get into rebuildables but you'll need to do quite a bit of reasearch to understand how to do it correctly and most important safely.

and welcome back to vaping!

3. Jeff T

Jeff T New Member

jaymz, you from geelong? I know a mate who goes by that alias

4. Ms.Comrade

Ms.Comrade New Member

Thanks for the maintenance tip Nukem :D Flavor and vapor is still there on both units at the moment, when it comes to that time at least I know what to do now. If the iStick's are as good as what everyone is saying I'll probably be heading down the 50W path as well with a Kanga tank for variety, which means I'll probably have to try the Atlantis OCC as well hahaha. I don't think I'll go for rebuildables, unless I get extremely bored, go to know it's there though.

@Deja Vu - Sorry no, I'm from Adelaide :) I've used this alias for about 14 years on many Forums but mainly as my DJ alias.

5. JAVshares

JAVshares New Member

I just received some extra Aspire BDC tanks for my Ego batteries as suggested by VapeKing in addition to my VP Deluxe Starter Kit, I can't get any pull or vape from them. VP advised they are listed as BDC but are BVC. I've compared my BVCs and these new ones and it looks like the bottom connection to the battery is different. All three new tanks have the same issue. Left me with a very unpleasant
    taste. Have I done something wrong or should I just swap the BDC coils out for the BVCs?

6. barOccace

barOccace New Member

What tank? There are 2 types of bvc coils. The general type and the .comitlus type. They are not interchangeable