Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Safety Check on using a 5V Battery on 510n (help me cross those streams somebody)

Discussion in 'Vape Modding and Technical' started by msiwowb, Sep 13, 2015.

1. msiwowb

msiwowb New Member

I recently bought a 510n mod and I like it but it is such a tease, I think I've become accustomed to a 4.something v from the dessay batteries inside my ego clones, and now 3.7 or under wont cut it. I have ordered some LR carts for it to see if it eases the pain, but I have decided that it is a wonderful thing to pop a 18650 under the hood, now if only I could get that as a 5v. Before you say Provari, let me say "cough cough... cash! until I can overcome this delima of not having a provari, (and it must be a provari, as I simply will not stack batteries) So my first question is

1. Will the 5v battery I found at www.electronicstix.com kill me or melt my face if I use it in the 510n... it around the same size as the 18650 but skinnier, only 600mah ...(sob)

2. does anyone know if it will fire up the 510n as I seem to recall something about the switch only works for a certain .comltage

please understand I am a complete (idiot) noob and can only understand plain simple english... tech talk does not compute.

I am also considering buying an ego booster to go with this mod and have got some hd cells coming, but I have to wait before I can buy the booster as well... sigh. Now did someone say something about saving money on ecigs ....

2. dudexxx

dudexxx New Member

I think you'll most likely fry the PCB in the 510n if you try to use other than a 3.7V lithium battery

3. <<KAY>>

<<KAY>> New Member

Thankyou Johnny, I was suspecting something like this might be the case and didn't want to shell out only to be disappointed.
    I really like these 510n so I'll just hold my breath while I wait for some LR stuff to come in. If these do it for me I will be one happy vaper

4. kasengsrem

kasengsrem New Member

slothy pulled the guts from his 510N and replaced it with the 'ego' electronics from JW, this is actually riva guts and will run the 510N at 3.7v instead of 3.3, it also fires LR stuff better than the stock.

5. hepBoova

hepBoova New Member

Yup!......

It's a bit fiddly to do but it will fire anything I throw at it and hits very well.

6. malvaacutam

malvaacutam New Member

Guys' this sounds excellent. I would faint from fear to try & do it myself but if I got all the gear together I bet I could find a clever techie to get the job done, Slothy would your modified 510n run an ego booster?