Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Ready to Start. Help wanted.

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by trillreview, Jan 30, 2016.

1. trillreview

trillreview New Member

Hi,
    I am ready to make the transition just need some help. After speaking to a few people have decided to skip the starter kits and go straight to a Provari 3 but am confused about all the other bits to go with it. My budget is approx $500. Can someone advise me what other bits I will need, preferably from vapeking so I can get it all in one hit.

Thanks and Cheers

2. Emma

Emma New Member

Congratulations mate!
    i have a Provari 3 with an assortment of tanks that I am very happy with.
    2 Kanger aerotanks mega
    1 Aspire .comtilus
    1 Aspire .comtlius with Silo Tank Bottom
    1 Silo Tank with .comtilus bottom

Or you can go with rebuildables but you will get a lot of good advice here. All thos tanks listed are between about $32 and $45. You will need to include coils to that at about $11 to $15 for a pack of 5. Depending how much and what you vape, you can get 2 weeks out of a coil, some do more, some do less.

3. jidapa28

jidapa28 New Member

grab a silo tank and some aspire .comtilus bvc coils

4. olgauswifay6251

olgauswifay6251 New Member

A good atomizer is what you need to look at. Poeple can make suggestions but in my opinion you have to try to find out. I started on cartomizer tank system. Lasted four weeks until I ordered a clearomizer tank. Once I had that for a week I started to get interested in rebuildable atomizer. I got my first rebuildable atomizer and never wanted to use the disposable coil atomizers. My first really good vape was from a diver atomizer. But this was quite temperamental to setup the coil. And then I got a russian91 and this was easier and to set up and had a looser draw which I liked then I got a few dripping atomizers with huge airflow and that was probably the six month mark. Now I use dripping atomizers exclusively. But I ordered a genesis style atomizer which I am waiting for now and haven't tried one yet. My advice is to try to find a experienced vaper that lives local to you, has a variety of different atomizers and is willing to meet you for a crash course.
    Then get a kayfun lite+.
    Learn ohms law. Watch some youtube tutorials on how to make microcoils.
    My dad is 60 and has bad eyes and he loves the kayfun I gave him. i made him his first coil. He's made two of his own coils since.

5. faithloveseternally

faithloveseternally New Member

List your location on your profile, someone might offer to show you some stuff.

6. Yohan

Yohan New Member

If you're make the transition from stinkies get your nic sorted now. +1 to the silo with bvc

7. bj4prez

bj4prez New Member

If you happen to be anywhere near Sydney, I'd recommend visiting the Steam e-cigs b&m store. You really can't beat hands-on advice, and the Steamers are very good at it.

8. Marijn

Marijn New Member

The Provari 3 is a great choice, I have 3 different tanks that I'm currently in love with -

Aspire .comtilis MINI
    Aspier K1 Glassomizer
    ICIGA BDC Pro

These are fantastic, just switch around drip-tips and you can make an interesting setup :)

9. Tathycleteery

Tathycleteery New Member

Congrats on wanting to make the move Fourstar!

Now from my limited experience it really depends on your own personal needs.
    What I love about it all, is that it can cost as much as you are comfortable to spend.

You certainly don't have to lash out large amounts of cash to see if you may or may not like it
    Some people I have been able to convert, a handful have tried to make themselves like it and it wasn't for them.
    Certainly they haven't lost a big wad of cash by me showing them or letting them try it

As spookyluke said, pop in your location and possibly some kind soul is happy to demonstrate there gear to give you an idea or help you get started, or you might be even close to a B&M store close by

Rather than lash out on a Provari, you may find a simple ego does the job fine.
    You may or may not want to look into rebuildables or like the fact you can tinker a bit

Myself I started on a ego and have moved on but i think it was a good transition for me to see what i liked. I even order the odd ego with an order to hand out to converts. Some are still happy after the first week or 2, some want something else after they see i use my MVP, my vamo or my mech mods
    I do love my box mods and have leaned to those more recently, I guess my point is you can only see how far you want to go down the rabbit hole, It is all down to personal preference

If your heart is set on a Provari, you'll need to figure out Batteries (depending on size/if using extension), Charger, a tank/rba/rda and juice

You 'could' use a clero or you could move to glasso like a Silo or again something more advanced like a RBA/RDA

Alot of local vendors supply all you need except for juice containing nic, and as golfnut said, get it ordered first as it will be coming from overseas.
    Can get it from your Chinese options or from the US, or pay a little higher to ship in from NZ if desperate

Happy vaping and do ask any questions if needed. We all don't bite :)

10. zagaz

zagaz New Member

It's going to take a while to learn all the in and outs, so I'd go with a good clearomiser (two would be better than one), that way you can vape while you learn the ins and outs of other more complicated atomisers.

.comtlis, Silo tank, Aerotank are all good options.

But as Golfnut said you need to get your nic juice sorted ASAP, as that is what can take the longest to get hold of. A selection of premixed, ready to vape juices would help to get started quickly, as well as a good stock of unflavoured nic juice in PG. Then you can vape while you figure out all the bits you'll need to mix up doublers or DIY some juice.

It can get complicated, so get your Provari, your clearomisers and your premixed juice so you can get started while you are learning about all the other options.

Nic strength for your premixed juice will depend on how many cigarettes you smoke per day. This is a very vague guide;

If 15 or less - 12mg
    If 20 or more - 18mg
    If 30 or more - 24mg

If you smoke rollies it will also depend on whether you smoke very thin ones, or thicker tailor sized ones.

Good luck! :)

PS Make sure you get spare batteries for the Provari, so you can vape while you are charging.

11. arslanchr

arslanchr New Member

Silo would be the tank I recommend unless you want to dive right into rebuilding. I think house of vape in Sydney has them.

12. Ch1ng

Ch1ng New Member

What do you base that guide on, JenJ?

13. ladonnaef18

ladonnaef18 New Member

It's a rough summary of what Noe came up with when he started his thread on it. And also it vaguely correlates with my experience of the strength new vapers seem to settle on.

So basically, bollocks! :D But as a rough guide I think it's better than nothing.

14. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Device:
    Laptop
    Juice:
    Apple
    Well I can say that having a budget of 500 dollars will certainly allow you to explore your options. I know that when I first started my budget was significantly less than that and I ended up doing pretty well, so you should be fine there. The best advice I would have is to go to a store and see what some of the people there are saying, because it really depends on what you are looking to get out of it when it comes to what to purchase.

15. mooray

mooray Member

Device:
    eGo & EVOD.
    Juice:
    VG/PG
    Your budget is a little bit too high for me. I prefer other cheaper options but if you have the resources, go ahead.