Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Quit smoking with the help of a EVOD starter kit, looking for something to upgrade to

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by Sawyer01, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Sawyer01

Sawyer01 New Member

Hi guys,

As the title suggests, I bought an Kanger Evod starter kit a couple months ago and weaned myself off smoking with it.
    I have enjoyed the Evod with some Mt Baker e liquids as well as some local Steamers juices.
    I have this board to thank for learning what was available locally and what to import etc., so thank you guys.

I'm now at the point where I really enjoy vaping, but the Evod is just a little basic for my liking now.
    I want to upgrade to something that is still a tube type shape (dont like the box shapes, too bulky) which can give me more vapour output (thicker clouds) as well as longer battery life.

After doing some research, I was thinking of getting the Aspire .comtilus BVC Mini and the EVOD V-v4 1600mah VV battery.
    Can anyone tell me if these are compatible together out of the box, and if this is a decent choice of products? Any recommendations on canuk vendors (I'm in Syd) to get this from, or any recommendations of alternative products?
    If I just get those two and some replacement BVC atomisers will it be good to go?

Thanks in advance,

K

2. Smart girl

Smart girl New Member

How much are u looking to spend? If I needed to buy a new mod, and money wasn't really a factor, I would probably get the new Provari V3 (not sure if its available yet tho)

as a 'delivery system', the Aspire BVC is a good choice.

3. cradnedo

cradnedo New Member

"thicker clouds" ... this largely depends on your juice's VG content... More VG = thicker clouds

4. DavoJo

DavoJo New Member

Without looking up the devices you mentioned, they should be compatible if they both use 510 style threading. But if your tank is Ego style, you will need a battery unit that has ego threading. (or get an adapter)

5. Trimift

Trimift New Member

Thanks for the quick reply, bagurk.

I think my price range is around $100- $200 for the whole set up.
    I just looked up the Provari 3, that looks amazing. Looks like it will be a bit too expensive though!

Yes I read about the pg/vg ratios and how they affect vapour amount, but I was also under the impression that higher volts = ,more vapour too?

Ive also been looking at the iTaste 134 mini.
    Do you / anyone recommend this with an aspire .comtilus bvc mini if I was looking to spend around that much?

Thanks

6. mrcatzilla

mrcatzilla New Member

Yes higher volts does generally mean more vapour for the same draw length. Voltage also affects flavour and throat hit.

I cannot pass comment on the iTaste as I have never used one.

Also, whatever u get, I would recommend getting 2 or more batteries in case one dies (you don't want to be without a vape). Getting a backup charger is also wise.

7. danpunkrock

danpunkrock New Member

Sooo I just bought an Innokin iTaste MVP 2.0 and an Aspire .comtilus Mini BVC haha.
    After looking at the specs and comparing those and price to other mods, I thought I can get used to the box shape. It just seems great value, and with the Aspire tank it should keep me happy for a good while.

Can't wait for it to arrive! Got some new juices in the mail today from VaporEyes (who threw in a free sample juice too, awesome) so Im excited to test them out on my new set up!

8. picapiedra

picapiedra New Member

I went from the EVOD to the itaste. Best kit you'll own...

Still using it today add I don't have to charge it as often. Ib went with the aerotank v2... That's the kit I always have with me.

When I'm at home I use my array of tube mods..