Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Quick Review eGo -C Upgrade Battery - Unregulated Kit - Back to Basics

Discussion in 'Vape Reviews' started by autumnbrookblue, Dec 10, 2015.

1. autumnbrookblue

autumnbrookblue New Member

Thanks to Ash from OzVape I've ended up with an eGo-C Upgrade Kit to pass onto an unsuspecting smoker. :) When I opened it up there was a small piece of paper explaining that the batteries supplied were the eGo-C Upgrade batteries that did Variable Voltage mode. It's actually not really VV as in you can set your voltage, rather it supports unregulated mode so that instead of a regulated 3.3V it will also run at the voltage of your battery.

I've found a candidate for the kit but before I pass it on thought I really should give it a go. Having started with Stardusts with eGo-T batteries be.comse they just seemed so much easier to fill, use and clean I'd never tried an eGo cartridge at all so before it goes to save another smoker I figured I'd have a couple of days vaping just using the standard eGo-C kit.

[​IMG]

Battery:
    The battery is just like any other 650mAh eGo battery, 5 clicks turns it on and off, press the button while it's on and the button lights up blue and fires off a regulated 3.3V. Turn the battery off however, press the button for around 5 seconds till it flashes orange, turn it back on and you've got unregulated mode. When fired the battery now flashes orange so you know what mode you're in. Easy !

Atomizer:
    The biggest change with the eGo-C from the previous models is you don't have to throw away the whole head when they atomiser dies. Unscrew the bottom of the atomiser and there's a replaceable atomiser head that's easily replaced. There's 5 atomiser heads included with the starter kit and it's a much more economical ( both dollar wise and ecologically) solution.

Cartridge:
    The reason I went with the Stardusts initially was be.comse they appeared just easier and cleaner to fill, clean, maintain and use and much less messy. I'd personally still recommend these with an eGo battery for beginners. I suspect that if I'd mucked around with the eGo cartridges initially I would still have got it but it wouldn't have been quite as easy. The fact too that they only support around 1ml of juice means that there'd be more swapping again something that's might have been a pain for a beginner. Changing and filling the cartridges isn't anywhere as "scarey" as I thought it'd be when I first started vaping. It's easily accomplished and my only other criticism would be about the little cap to keep the juice in if you remove the cartridge is a bit of a pain especially if you wanted to run a few different cartridges with different juices.

Experience:
    My current line of hardware includes eGo batteries, a Vamo, a Telescope and primarily Stardusts and Nova Tanks. I've been 'searching" for a small portable solution using that equipment but guess what ? Under my nose has pretty much been a good portable solution. I've been running the full eGo-C kit in "variable voltage" mode and I'm liking it. The kit itself is small enough that in my shirt pocket it's no bigger than a fountain pen. Variable mode with a fresh battery certainly is a lot better than the regulated mode, but of course the "quality" will "decrease" as you battery voltage decreases. In variable mode, the vape is nice, ok not as "nice" or customisable as running it in the vamo, but still satisfying enough to get me through the day. In regular mode it's just like any other eGo battery.

Given that the primary reason for vaping was to give up the smokes, I suspect that if I hadn't found this forum and a bunch of enablers and just stuck with eGo batteries then combined with Stardusts and the eGo cartridges I'd still be a happy vaper. The fact that I can run either a standard supplied cart or a Stardust optionally with unregulated power gives the C battery just that little bit more flexibility.

I still think that Stardusts are the best option for a beginning vaper, they're just so easy to use and swap over and you can easily see how much juice you've got left however a beginner with just the eGo tanks really wouldn't have an issue either. I've got a couple of Stardusts that I'm giving to the recipient of the kit, and truth is I might just keep one of the eGo-c cartridges myself to use when 1 ml is just enough juice :)

Sometimes it's good just to go back to basics :)

2. Affisuask

Affisuask New Member

Good review Limbot. I started with an Ego C using the standard cartridges, then bought a couple of 'stardusts' from the markets. The one I was using died (or doesn't seem to work as well as it did when I first got it) so for the last couple of weeks I have been primarily using the Ego cartridge again. And no complaints really.

I am however going to buy a handful of genuine stardusts and give them a go.

Kev

3. mAnic

mAnic New Member

Thanks Kev

Have you tried cleaning and dry burning the Stardust ? That might give it a bit more life.

As I say my two "issues" is that the standard cartridges only hold 1ml and that it's not as easy to change cartridges for different juices.

4. insmelvchtepch

insmelvchtepch New Member

Thanks for sharing Limbot ... its good to get a new perspective on things ... I have been vaping for years , but like to go "old school" now and then , sometimes less is more :)

5. LabGrrl

LabGrrl New Member

Cheers Limbot! I did give it a clean and a bit of a dry burn late last week, but didn't seem to fix it. Had another go this afternoon, longer/multiple dry burns and waddayaknow, choof choof again.

Many thanks

Kev

6. puertas hierro

puertas hierro New Member

Hey big rev :))), you need to dry burn until there is no smoke coming off the coil ... pulse on for upto 5s, off for at least 10s ...