Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Quick question about doubles. Do i buy 24mg nic to make 12mg juice ?

Discussion in 'Vape DIY Juice / Recipes / Mixing' started by Mugpeale, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Mugpeale

Mugpeale New Member

So Christmas time is coming up and when the sales start im gonna go nutso with my credit card and buy lots of canuk made juices - doublers of course.

I like 12mg juice so I was wondering what strength unflavoured nic juice i need to order from over seas to get doublers down to 12 or 10 mg.

Thanks.

also, whats a good nic supplier that isnt going to charge me 3 times the price in postage ?

2. jasneskis

jasneskis New Member

Yes, 24mg diluted by half with a doubler will get you 12mg juice. It is more economical to get 100mg though, which you'd then need to add PG/VG to get to desired 12mg strength. This calculator is helpful: E-liquid Mixing
    As for where, I've bought from MyFreedomSmokes a couple of times. They had a deal on for $50 USD for a litre, around $85 delivered in under a week using FedEx. Can't seem to load their site atm to see if it is still on sale.

ETA: Yep, still on sale. https://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/nicotine-base-flavorings/nicotine-solutions/unflavored-nicotine-smoke-juice-e-liquid-liter-sale.html

3. SacredDB

SacredDB New Member

24mg doubles to 12mg.

If you get 48mg you can double it with unflavored pg/vg to 24mg - then double with flavouring.

Edit: someone else will probably chime in with suppliers - I've only purchased from health cabin - I got 36mg. Doubled unflavored to 18mg then again with flavours to 9mg.

4. Here_comes_the_Sun

Here_comes_the_Sun New Member

24mg/mL nicotine halved with doubler flavours will give you 12mg/mL ready to vape eliquid.
    Postage costs suck.. and it's not the vendor's .comlt. Postage from the US is very expensive, and that's just how it is.
    Best deal I know of at the moment is here: https://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/nic...nicotine-smoke-juice-e-liquid-liter-sale.html but it will cost you $36ish USD for fedexpriority postage which will get here in 3 working days. You only need to add 3.6mL of this stuff to a 30mL bottle to get 12mg/mL eliquid. You can still buy doublers and just top them up with locally bought PG and/or VG.

5. neo222

neo222 New Member

Well if you want an easy straight forward mix then you get 24mg in what ever ratio the juice to be. That was when you add it to the doubler it's going to be 12mg.

The other possibly cheaper option is to buy a stronger unflavoured like 48mg or even 100mg then buy some PG and VG to mix with it as well. That way you stretch the amount of nic out over a little while and works out probably cheaper too as PG and VG are available at nearly every canuk vendor.

In terms of nic vendors the most common are nicvape, rtsvapes and myfreedomsmoke (mfs). They all sell nic at varying strengths and postage is bearable. The option i took be.comse I needed it in a hurry and didn't need a lot of it was to order from soulblu NZ but they are expensive when compared ml for ml against the others but you will get it in 2-3 days max.

6. GopyMany

GopyMany New Member

MyFreedomSmoke is my recommendation. Comes in a labelled bottle unlike RTS vapes. I recently got 1L - 100mg and a couple of tinted 500ml bottles to store it in the freezer. Using 3.6ml for a 30ml bottle, you have enough nic to make 270x 30ml bottles ....Good value :)

7. igotmojo

igotmojo New Member

thanks all. does anyone know how long MFS are going to have the cheap nicotine for ?

8. FiFi

FiFi New Member

Its been cheep for a few weeks now - almost like a semi permanent thing....
    +1 for getting the 100mg 1 liter - postage is high, so best to get the best value - pg/vg you can buy locally and it's cheap....
    And 1 liter of 100mg, becomes 4 liters of 25mg - which used with doublers gives you 8 liters of 12.5mg juice.......Thats a lot of vaping between orders!
    A tip I heard was also to get 100% pg as your nic base liquid - it keeps longer with nic and you can mix to your desired ratio later (unless thats 100% vg - cant do that!)

9. Randy B

Randy B New Member

yeah i was thinking that its a hell of a lot of liquid. I really dont need that much..
    i'd like to get into DIY but i like to wet my toes before plunging in head and wallet first.

what canuk companies should I look at for ordering flavours and PG/VG and other mixing supplies ?

im currently reading the DIY stickies.. so much information that its hurting my head.

Im going to be making juice for myself, me ex next door neighbour (she like 70 or something, and a pensioner), as well as my sister who has been smoking a pack a day for 30 years. She's a lifer and I would like to extend that life.

after a while I would also drop the nicotine down to 10, then 8, then 6 then 4.. and stay at 4 for the rest of my life, so yeah 1 litre is too much.
    I'd be happy to split it and the costs with someone if they are in my area.

10. Elaine M

Elaine M New Member

okay its done. 1 whole damn litre of 100ml nic coming my way (pure PG)
    Im gonna do my very best to buy everything canadan now.

I just got a horrible feeling of them banning any imports so i committed myself to this DIY.
    I have no idea how long it will last me.

so MFS has had more than US$200 from me now. If they dont throw something in as a gift im gonna be pissed. I see people posting on reddit all the time about gifts. Ive gotten jack shit so far.

11. Hollie T

Hollie T New Member

heh - you and me both... although i did win two giveaway comps a month or so ago (one was amazing, the other was gross)

12. loves2cook

loves2cook New Member

well its good to know that they are giving away prizes to people who arnt in the US.
    ive seen so many competitions over the years where everything has that little *Applicable to US residents only.
    Of course it doesnt say that until the very end :p