Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Question about my RDA

Discussion in 'Vape Mod Talk' started by xptgllekft, Jul 21, 2015.

1. xptgllekft

xptgllekft New Member

Hey guys

I've got a nemesis clone with a Patriot RDA with a dual coil build running at 0.21 ohms. Is it normal for the top half of the mod to get a bit hot? the RDA itself gets very warm aswell. Im using a vtc5 battery and im pretty sure im running it in a safe zone at exactly 20 currents

would anyone recommend an RDA cause i want more airflow.

Cheers

2. besocb

besocb New Member

The RDA will get warm. At .2 ohm with a VTC5 you're safe, but it is still a lot of power and those coils will warm things up.

If you want more airflow I'd first suggest using a strong drill bit (I use titanium bits) and drill those airholes out. Start small, test, and increase the size of the holes till you like it. Plus, more air will cool your coils down and reduce the heat to the RDA.

If you want more airflow look into the TOBH, Mutation X, Doge X, or other "competition" RDAs. That's what I use... a Nemisis with a TOBH @ .25 ohms. Still gets warm, but not too much so.

3. zvcmnws2162

zvcmnws2162 New Member

0.21???I can imagine how hot the vapor it could be! I cannot take this, I'm using Eleaf lemo, 0.8ohm, good taste, safe and sound!