Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Quad, what am I doing wrong?

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by sijad, Nov 18, 2015.

1. sijad

sijad New Member

Hi folks, I'm relatively new to vaping (couple of months) but I've gotten into it in a big way. I won't describe everything I use etc but I'm looking for some advice.

I've been experimenting with a couple of RDAs, namely the igo w6 and w7 (cheapies but like I say I'm still new...) and have had a degree of success with both. The w7 is currently set up with a dual parallel 28g kanthal build with some japanese organic cotton at 0.18ohms and its awesome (by my standards), flavour is good with 80%vg 3mg and vapour is enough to cloud a room and annoy the missus.
    I have tried a number of quad builds on my w6 (currently 28g micro coils 1.8mm ID at 0.18ohms, 7 wraps IIRC) and while they have been good, they don't compare with my dual builds; especially the latest one described above.

Am I doing something wrong (wicking maybe) that would lead my quads to underperform?

Btw I'm using a nemesis mech mod (with a decent 35A battery) and haven't modified RDA airflows at all.

Thanks for any advice

2. afforAdette

afforAdette New Member

Hmmmm.

Decrease your coil to one, increase your resistance to 1ohm, decrease your airhole to 1mm. Increase your nic to 18mg.

Have a couple puffs and forget about vaping for a while then have a couple more puffs and realise you can actually live your life without your PV surgically attached to your mouth.

And you don't have to look like Thomas the tank engine anymore.

Just kidding. If you're happy with a dual parallel coil setup why would you even bother with quads?

3. orgrzfsqop

orgrzfsqop New Member

quad, isnt that like 1/4 resistance and heaps lower heat compared to dual.

i havent done a quad before duals 0.5 ohm on that orchid clone of mine will set of my smoke alarm

4. akluis

akluis New Member

Lol erm thanks BK, not quite the sort of advice I was looking for but no doubt the missus would be happy for me to follow it ;) I normally just roll around with a vamo+.comtilus with a higher mg during the day, but I've been having a lot of fun taking it further at home of an evening. Fair enough about not bothering with quads- i just had it in my head that more is better but I think I'll just be an advocate of the ol' dual setup until I see something really cool on a quad.

That's kinda the idea I think, Hoof. Funny you say that, I've got an orchid on the way as a new challenge- might be nice not having to drip all the time at home too (and save the sticky juice marks dribbled around).

5. bapittygoolet1603

bapittygoolet1603 New Member

Had neither set up been working properly I would have thought to increase wire .comge and coil diameter, but since it works on the dual parallels but not the quads, I'm not sure.

6. tyler

tyler New Member

Hey mate, welcome! When you say not to your standards, do you mean not dutching the house out or not getting a decent throat hit...?
    Is you nemesis 18650 or 26650?