Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Popcorn lung

Discussion in 'New Vapers Forum' started by arrow, Sep 2, 2015.

1. arrow

arrow New Member

Hey guys I've been reading few articles about popcorn lung. Does vaping really causes popcorn lung or is it a bunch of bullshit. Should I really be worried about this as I really like vaping. I suffer with bipolar disorder and it really helps keep me alert and not feeling like a zombie all the time as I'm on some pretty heavy medication.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

2. gfu6rvgb7z9

gfu6rvgb7z9 New Member

What sort of eliquid or flavours do you vape. If you are concerned then vape unflavoured

3. trergonse

trergonse New Member

Are use the Juice factory super concentrates. Are they safe

4. fxzd6fhuubv

fxzd6fhuubv New Member

I sub ohm 6mg nic mixed with juicefactory super concentrates. The nic is from my freedom smokes. I got 1 liter of 100mg and I mix it down to 6mg

5. gdyfrmw8o

gdyfrmw8o New Member

It is probably prudent to point out that NO case of popcorn lung from vaping has been reported ... the issue was with the compound used in the factory in powder form affecting workers who inhaled it ( or in the much publicised case where a dude ate huge amounts of popcorn daily and inhaled the steam directly from the bag ( which contains lots of diacetyl) on opening it from the microwave!
    There is usually LESS diacetyl in eliquid than there was in the cigarettes you smoked willy nilly ;)
    That said vaping should be made as safe as you personally want it .. and if that includes flavourings and their components, then you are right to question it .
    Basically it comes down to what YOU are comfortable with :)
    Vapers and eliquid manufacturers are aware that diacetyl is possibly harmful in large doses and responsible sellers should make you aware if it is in their products.

It is important to remember all the flavourings we use are considered food safe ( for INGESTION... ) however very little info on inhalation risks are around.
    Like anything .. less is best :)

6. Question

Question New Member

JF is pretty straight up with what he sells mate so dont stress about the press. Reputable vendors have moved to alternatives to minimise that risk, and keep in mind those issues were due to extreme exposure. Youll be right mate, keep on keeping on an stay away from the darts. Lifes good..and its Xmas...:)

7. John "THE GREAT"

John "THE GREAT" New Member

Everybody is talking about vaping and "popcorn lung" again, so here's a graph

[​IMG]

Thas being said, I do have a bad feeling about Super Concentrate dessert flavours like butterscotch, caramel, cream etc etc. To be very honest, they all kind of have the same overall aroma anyway. In anycase, Im not a fan of Super Concentrate dessert flavours anymore because I just dont like the taste - too overpowering no matter how little I add. But I do add them to my weetbix each morning.

I much prefer to vape Capella and TPA - All I vape now is a mixture of Capella Vanilla Custard V2 and TPA Hazenut DX, so Diacetyl is out of the picture now.

8. besocb

besocb New Member