Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Please recommend an E-Cigarette for my mum!

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by Folisoige, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Folisoige

Folisoige New Member

I'm desperately trying to get my Mum to quit smoking and I think an e-cigarette would really help her. Can you guys recommend a good starter kit? Is the Easypuff any good? Easypuff Electronic Cigarette Starter Kit

It's a bit pricey, but it looks like it would suit her needs. She would prefer something that looks, feels, and tastes like a real cigarette. I can't find too many reviews on the Easypuff though, is it good quality? How long would the cartridges last? Is it good value or could we get something similar a bit cheaper? How do they taste? "Tastes like a real cigarette" is pretty general as all cigarette brands apparently taste different. Is there anything out there that tastes similar to Horizon Orange cigarettes? Are nicotine E-Cigs an effective strategy of weaning people off nicotine by gradually switching to nicotine-free juice?

Any advice you could offer would be greatly appreciated!

(I also posted this in the Whirlpool E-Cig thread, hope that's okay.)

2. Almost everyone on here wouldn't be seen dead using a cigalike, and would recommend you any one of a thousand different combinations of gen 2 & 3 hardware and myriad liquids, but IMHO there's nothing wrong with starting on the cigalikes. They got me off cigarettes in the beginning, though I soon moved on to better equipment.

I can only say the cigalikes I used were the Elusion ones, with Coffee cartridges in low or medium nicotine strength, and I immediately preferred them to cigarettes. So on the basis of that, they would be my recommendation!

(And then Aspire mini .comtilus + eLeaf iStick :))

3. rodeohottie12

rodeohottie12 New Member

vision spinner with a mini .comtilus

4. Lipfeexia

Lipfeexia New Member

I would go with the eLeaf iStick with a silo lite. I have a lot of mods but mainly use the istick as it is small and the battery life lasts for days and topped off with the silo light, it is just a great set up IMO. Plus you can girly them up if you want...House of Vape or Steamecigs stocks them.

5. SkifieS

SkifieS New Member

Hi Space,
    I wish i could have gotten my old dear onto vaping.
    She died waiting for an operation that was needed due to years of smoking.
    You will find a bunch of different suggestions i'm sure, but to me it seems a waste of money to purchase a low wattage device like a cigalike which will probably not deliver sufficient nicotine to satisfy your Mum's habit.
    I don't know where you are located but i would suggest getting something like this
    Vapeboss Social Package | Vapeboss

And then head here
    Tobacco - Yaeliq

Start her off on a 24mg tobacco flavour but just keep in mind that it will be hard to find an eliquid that tastes like a real smoke, .comse a real smoke tastes like sh1t.
    Good luck mate

6. SpooseNor

SpooseNor New Member

I started off using Green-Smoke disposable cartemizer e-cigarettes. They were great for making the initial switch.

Your Mum won't want to be mucking around with e liquids initially. She'll want something with charge-screw-and-go convenience that's not too heavy in the hand.
    Green Smoke don't sell into canada any more, but I have a work mate who is a month in and doing pretty well on Socialites.

You can buy the Starter kits from canada and get the nicotine cartemizers from the UK.

Don't over invest though. If she's still going after a couple of months and no longer feels the need to approximate a cigarette, she'll probably be open to the idea of the clearomiser+battery setup like an aspire .comtilus mini on an ego battery.
    That will give her a much more enjoyable vaping experience that has every chance of keeping her off the stinkies and in your life for years to come.

Good luck!