Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Please help me choose an 'advanced beginners' setup for my 2nd quit attempt

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by Khoo Chee Siang, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Khoo Chee Siang

Khoo Chee Siang New Member

Hey folks,

I tried quitting the analogues a year or so ago using both an Ego CE4 starter kit and Volt (KR808D) Cigalikes. Unfortunately both setups just didn't cut it. So I'm hoping the kind folks here can help me choose a new rig. - Hopefully this will be 2nd time lucky.

I've been smoking a pack of 8mg analogues per day for 15 years.

I went back to the analogues pretty quickly after I found the following issues with my CE4 vape rig;

1) Power. The CE4 or 808D just didn't feel like they were delivering a satisfying amount of vape, flavour or hit. I'd tend to draw for over 10 seconds just to get a decent ploom and flavour hit. After a while this gave me a sore chest! So back to the analogues I went

2) The flavours I had were just horrible (US imported 18mg 'tobacco' flavoured juices that were either too nutty, cinnamonish or sickly). The closest I found tolerable was 'coffee' from Smokeless Image. Though I think I'll worry about this problem after I choose a decent rig for my upcoming quit attempt.

So I'm back to the drawing board, but this time am happy to invest in a decent set up.

I've heard a lot of good things about the iStick 30W and MVP 2.0, but to be honest I'm not really wanting a box mod (I just don't like the shape). Perhaps there's something just as powerful in a slimmer 'pen' type battery?

The other 'pen' type batteries I've seen recommended on various forums are:

- Evod 2
    - Ego VV Spinner - 1300MAH (variable voltage)
    - iTaste SVD (900, 1800, 2600ma (variable voltage/wattage)
    - iTaste VV v3
    - Vamo V5

Am keen to hear your opinions on these, or better suggestions?

Not even sure where to begin with the atomizers either!

Anyway, I want to do it right this time so price is not a concern. I'd just like to get some decent mileage from my next setup and get off the analogues once and for all.

Thanks in advance for your help! :)